• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How does weight effect the rear ride height?

We are looking at getting my third Ranger! Ok, one of them was a Bronco 2:-) This one would be ordered new and we would be putting a 500 pound Alu-Cap camper on the back. Our issue is getting into it into the garage. By my measurements we would be about 2 inches below the frame but I could be...
  2. Crazy Talk - Crown Vic Front end

So I was watching Fast n Loud and they did a front end suspension swap on a F100. They used a Crown Vic. So I was wondering if there are anything like this for us 1st gen people? Can you swap a newer 98 front suspension on an 86 for example? Thanks
  3. 1986 B2 EB in For Sale Section

Sadly I am selling my B2. Located in the Seattle area. Here is a link, http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1366226#post1366226
  4. FSB 5.0 for a B2

Just wondering why folks recommend using the Expo as a donor but not the FSB. I have an 86 B2 4spd that needs a V8. Thanks.
  5. My wife's dumb husband!

Yesterday my wife's dumb husband checked the coolant level on his 2.9 and drove to a pull a part. The B2 drove great all the way there but after he left the B2 would lose power going up hills. It ran great when it was level. So he thought maybe the gas gauge was wrong and he needed gas. While...
  6. FM 145 - Rebuild vs Reman

I have a FM145 and it needs to be rebuilt. I got a quote for $1200 but I would like to look into a remaned transmission. Does the $1200 look like a fair price? Also I haven’t been find pricing for a reman. Anybody have an idea on pricing for that? Thanks
  7. Where to buy Mudflaps

I have an 86 B2 and I put wider wheels on it. I am getting a ton mud spray and I would like to stop it. I checked LMC truck and searched here but didn't find where to get them. So does anybody know where to get some and yap I know I could go to a JY. Thanks. Rick
  8. Removing air from cooling system

Stats – 86 B2 with a 2.9. So I thought I was following the directions correctly but I think I have an air bubble. When I put in the coolant I disconnected the heater hose but didn't know that I need coolant to come out. Instead I turn the hose up so it wouldn't leak out...duh. So far I have...
  9. Parking Brake Pedal

Hey mine is rusty and doesn’t lock in place. I have looked all over and I can’t find a replacement. Does anybody know where to buy a replacement? Thanks. RS
  10. Stock Spring Replacements

I have an 86 B2 and I am looking for recommendations. Does anybody have a brand or a place to buy that you would have had good experience with? Thanks. Rick
  11. 86 EB B2 Almost ready to go on the road!

Ok I am almost ready to put is back on the road so I thought I would show a couple of pictures! I love Dark Walnut!!
  12. 2.9 Coolent draining question

The shop manual says to remove the engine block drain plug when draining coolent. Where is the plug located? Thanks. RS
  13. Fluid Recommendations

I need to change fluids in the following in my 86 B2. Front and rear axels Transfer case Tranny Does anybody have recommendations? My manuals recommend Ford products and I would like other recommendations. Thanks! Rick
  14. 86 B2 what is the fourth can?

So I see two cats and a muffler but what is the last can? Mine is rusted out. Thanks
  15. Thoughts, Pictures and Bore

Ok I have been driving myself crazier looking for wheels for my 86 B2. I found these at Summit Racing and I really like how Ford they look. I know they look a lot like Mustang GT wheels but these are 15x8 with a 3.75 backspace. Thoughts? Does anyboby have a picture of them on a Ranger or B2...
  16. 1986 B2 New wheels 15" vs 16"

I need to order tires and wheels today or tomorrow. I can't decide between 15 or 16 inch rims. The tires for both would be 235/75. Anybody have any thoughts? Oh it won't be used off road.
  17. Tire Size for 8" Rims

I am looking at getting a new set of 8" rims for my 86 B2. Now I'm looking for tires. This will be just for highway use so no offroad. Thoughts?
  18. Will these fit - Summit Racing Wheels

I found these rims from Summit. So the question is will they fit a '86 B2 4X4? Here are the specs- Summit Racing® Nomad Diamond Cut Wheels Wheel Diameter - 15in. Wheel Width - 8in. Wheel Material - Aluminum Backspacing 3.750in. Offset -19.00mm Center Bore Diameter 3.268 in
  19. Emblem backing

I just bought some used emblems off of eBay because LMC doesn't sell them. I need to replace the black backing. Does anybody know what it is or where to get it? Thanks. Rick
  20. Jacking - Tech Library and one question

So I am ready to redo the brakes in the B2 I just bought. I have never jacked it up before so I did some research. I did read the Chiltons manual and searched this forum. I got 16 pages of results. I went through all posting that seemed to apply. This seems so basic but some of us still need...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad