• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. b&m shift kit for c4 instruction sheet

i ordered the b&m shift kit # 50262 for my c4 tranny..i should have it tomorrow or tuesday..im looking for some instruction sheets for it online so i can read up on how to do it before i get the kit.. i kinda want to get a heads up on how to do it.. if anyone has used this kit before and still...
  2. help please engine not running on all 8

302 in a 85 ranger , all stock except for new duel plain alum intake..new 1406 edelbrock carb... new hedman hedders.. engine run great before i changed from a 2bbl to the 4bbl intake carb setup..now its only running on 4cyl.) now seems to be running on #5-8-2-3 cyl. when i can get it to run...
  3. 93 cobra heads??

i found a set of 93 cobra heads off a wrecked mustang and was wondering if they would work on my mid 80's 302...i got a procomp alum. intake that fits my old stock heads ..i can buy the croba heads cheap if i can use them on my older 302 with the intake i have and a 1406 carb
  4. intake,cam/lifter combo questions

has anyone used these combos with there 302...if so what did you think...im thinking of pulling my 2bbl carb and intake and stock cam/lifters and going with this setup...tell me what you think...im also using a edelbrock 1406 carb with this...
  5. which muffler?

getting geared up to get exhaust installed on my v8 ranger with hedman shorty headers..i have 2 mufflers, 1 is a glasspack and the other is a flowmaster that has 1 in and 2 out..im wanting duels out the back and im looking for a deep rumble sound but not really loud..just a good low tone to...
  6. speedo gear help

im need to find out some info on how to know what speedo gear i need..i have a white one and a dark orange one...im working with a 85 ranger with a 302 and a c4 tranny..my speedometer is off no matter which one i use..its close with the orange one but still off...im running 3.08 gears, 26 inch...
  7. fuel pump inertia switch

i have a fuel pump inertia switch off a 2000 ford focus and i was wondering if i can use it in my ranger to go with my 302 swap with the ele. fuel pump i have
  8. v8 swap..got it running

well i got it running tonight..thought the wiring was gonna do me in but i got it...swaping engines was a breeze but that damn wiring sucked...lol... anyway, just got to fine tune the carb. and get some exhaust and clean up and im good to go...i hope...thanks guys for all the help and advice...
  9. help wiring my v8

ok im ready to wire the v8 in my 85 ranger.. im not going to go into what i have done to the wiring cuz it will just confuse me. what i did didnt work so im starting over ..i will say, its an older duraspark system and i do have the pigtail that goes from the dizzy to the ignition module hooked...
  10. fuel pump help please

im at the point in my v8 swap that i need to concider a fuel pump..i know alot of ppl run ele. but i would rather run a machanical fuel pump..the tech page say to use 1970-1973 Ford Econoline van with power steering..so i looked it up at autozone and this is what i see...
  11. update on my v8 swap

well guys i got my motor and trans. in the 85 ranger.. i got the drive shaft hooked up also. got the radiator and tranny cooler mounted...still got a lot more to do but i'll get it...lol...i hope....man the motor and tranny just slipped right in with no trouble just like it was made for the...
  12. can i pull engine trans together on 85 ranger

guys im getting ready to pull the 2.8 out of my 85 2wd ranger.. can i pull motor/tranny all together or will i have to pull one at a time..also i have my 302/ c4trans. bolted together and im hopeing i can drop it in all together..can i do it...thanks
  13. concerned about v8 weight in a ranger

im doing the v8 swap in my 85 and was wondering if i will have to put in heavier springs and shocks .. i tryed a search on what the weight difference is between the 2.8v6 and the 302v8 but didnt find any thing..
  14. f150 p/s pump and bracket on my ranger v8?

can i use a early model f150 power steering pump with bracket off a 302 and buy new hoses to fit the pump and my 85 ranger steering box and do away with my ranger p/s pump..im not having any luck finding any 70's model cars with 302 in my area..but i can find f150 trucks with the p/s and...
  15. 302 and c4 swap question

getting things ready to do a 2.8v6 to 302v8 in my 85 2wd 5speed ranger..im looking at a good running 302 with a c4 trans. out of a 70's model ford van..im not worried about motor mounts or the engine install .. i am struggleing with whats needed to install the c4 tranny thats bolted to the...
  16. 2.9 engine swap and tranny question

hello...i got a 85 ranger 2wd with a 2.8 and 5speed manual tranny..my question is , will a 2.9 or 3.0 engine bolt up and work with my tranny.. my 2.8 is about to lay down on me and i wanting to rebuild it but i thought it might be better to find a 2.9 or 3.0 engine to put back in my 85...
  17. question about alternator

im going to be doing some junk yard shopping today and im going to be looking for a alternator for my 85 2.8 2wd ranger. are there other yrs and makes that i can look for that have the same alternator. thanks for any help
  18. another rearend question

i got the rearend home today according to the door sticker it is a axle code 86(3.73).. now i didnt see a tag on the cover plate so im still assuming its a 3.73 gear..i thought i would remove the brake drums and turn the axle and count the number of turns the of the pinoin gear but it never...
  19. plastic speedometer drive gears

i have a 85 ranger 2wd 5speed and im putting a 88 model ranger rear end in it..what i have now is a 3.08 gear and im getting a 3.73 gear.. im wanting my speedometer to read right and i was told i needed the plastic speedometer drive gears out of the 88 donor ranger.. my question is , where is it...
  20. rearend swap questions??

hey guys, i have a 85 ranger 2wd, 5speed manual trans 2.8L engine and it has the stock rearend with 3.08 gears in it..im wanting a little more pulling power so im wondering what rangers had the 3.55 gears in them that i could just swap out the rearends with out any mods..im want to just unbolt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad