• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rear main repair sleeve

Anyone have a recommendation on a style sleeve or brand? links would be awesome. I have had two rear mains fail in a week and they were different brands and I installed one and my buddy did the other and we went by the book. I am going to give it another go but this time I'm going to try to...
  2. what to do about Dana 35 posi?

So I DD my ranger and I was going to do a SAS but not i'm debating keeping the dana 35 but I currently have the gears welded which sucks if I want 4x4 on the road in the winter. So I'm debating getting a limited slip or locker of some sort. I dont off road really hard so can anyone recommend a...
  3. Tuning question

I was told to repost this here hoping one of you guys would be able to help: So I have officially got my short block assembled and have my new heads ported and polished. I am looking ahead and aside from pushrods from smith bros the only thing left is a tune for this motor.... I'm having tons...
  4. Tuning question

So I have officially got my short block assembled and have my new heads ported and polished. I am looking ahead and aside from pushrods from smith bros the only thing left is a tune for this motor.... I'm having tons of problems getting someone to tune it, anyone have suggestions? the motor...
  5. anyone know "ravohimself"?

His name is Ryan, anyone got his contact info? He's got a set of heads I want to buy but I cant get a hold of him. I would rather buy his but if i can't get a hold of him today I'll just have to order some else where because I have to have them by friday.
  6. which heads to buy? ASAP help

I did a lot of searching and couldn't find a link to a site with a solid recommendation. I have had 3 sets of stock heads magnafluxed and all 3 sets were cracked. so I'm in the market for something new (i don't want to spend the money but i don't seem to have a choice) the motor is going in a...
  7. dana 30 Y-link long arm write up

Anyone got a link? I'm designing my long arm y link set up and wanted to look at some other builds if anyone has any links to a build thread
  8. Dana 30 SAS write up

Does anyone have a link to a SAS with a dana 30? I got one for free from a 92 Cherokee and I know everyone will lecture me about the strength of the dana 30 but i broke the casing on my 35 and I want to go SAS and its a free axle complete hub to hub. So I'm looking at these builds that have the...
  9. what pushrods to get?

I'm building a 4.0 with flat top pistons and the 422 comp cam, I'm looking for recommendations on pushrods and if you guys think I need aftermarket valve springs? I mean "NEED". I am cheap, and this motor although is being done professionally isn't going to exactly make 600hp and rev to 9K so...
  10. Odometer not working (NOT worm gear on motor)

I have a 96 4.0l 5sp and the odometer stopped working. I changed out the gear on the electric motor in the dash cluster and it was broken but it still doesnt work. does anyone else have an idea or can anyone explain the rest of the odometer system to me? where does it get a signal from? the...
  11. erratic misfire

Okay I decided to clean up my other thread from multiple codes and do this one alone because all others have been cleaned out. I have a 1996 4.0l ohv that keeps throwing a code P0306 cyl 6 erratic misfire new plugs and wires switched plug wires as well as visually verified spark switched 2...
  12. 96 5 speed vacuum line

truck is a 96 4.0l ohv 5 speed. Are there any vacuum lines that go to the transmission? it sounds like i have a hissing only while under a load from down by the shifter and if i step in it the sound goes away.
  13. 96 4.0l OHV CEL codes

Okay I have a 1996 4.0l ohv that keeps throwing a code UPDATED: P0306 only now cyl 6 erratic misfire new plugs and wires switched plug wires as well as visually verified spark listened to injector with stethoscope and verified visually on a wet plug compression test at 112psi starts a little...
  14. 1984 bronco 2 5.0 Twin Turbo Swap

So I have a lot of history with the compact ford trucks (ranger and bronco 2) not to mention a long history with Ford in general. I have built 2 bronco 2s in the past and several rangers. everything from a lowered 4 banger to v8 swapped 1 ton axles. I always have had a soft spot for them so...
  15. battery relocation problem...

So im stuffing a twin turbo 5.0 into the bronco 2 AKA its in but I dont have room for the battery up front with the passenger side turbo being where it is. so my question is: do any of you guys have a suggestion for a relocation spot that doesnt suck? I mean I need it not in the way and not to...
  16. questions about 3 codes pulled

So the check engine light has been on in my 1996 ford ranger 5sp 4.0l since i got it last year. always ran fine till lately its ran really rough starting today, so i check the codes and it had 3. p0306 cyl 6 missfire p1131 lean bank 1 p1443 evap emissions code. so as you can see there i did...
  17. specific wiring question and fuel question

I have a 1984 bronco 2 that previous owner swapped a carbed 302 into it. I blew up that 302 so i have a 302 out of a 1994 mustang with full efi set up. literally complete maf to pcm. the guy i got it from removed the entire wiring harness almost perfectly intact. so i have it sitting in the...
  18. which route to go?

So my current carbed HEI dist 302 blew up. So i got a 302 out of a 95 mustang for 200 running complete from PCM to maf. my question is should i move all my edlebrock carb stuff over to that with my HEI dist or should i just set it up as it is EFI? Ive never done the EFI swap into a bronco 2...
  19. pcm question

I have a 1984 bronco project i bought that was already 302 swapped. it runs great but doesnt have any lights or anything else. I noticed the truck has no PCM in the passaneger kick panel. the bracket is there thought. my main question is this. I am about to start rewiring all the lighting in the...
  20. power steering line problem

I have a 84 bronco 2 SAS and 302 swapped. I currently dont have power steering because the pump is the one that came on the 1977 302 but the steering box is the stock bronco 2 box. the lines for either are not going to work. My question is this. my power steering pump is junk. what would you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad