• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Freeze frame data...can someone tell me what it means

I recently had my torque converter changed because my previous one was giving out, mileage used to be good before the swap. Now the truck exhaust quiet, power doesn't feel the same and mileage is bad. The converter is a rebuilt unit supposed to be stock setup. I'm not saying the converter is the...
  2. Passenger headlight dim compared to drivers side.

I know it's probably a bad ground but which wire is ground going to the headlight? 01 ranger
  3. Inner tie rod replacement, can't get alignment right

I replaced the passenger inner tie rod awhile back, it pulls to the right after the alignment. I've taken it to two different places and they show me where everything is within spec on their machine..yet it still pulls to the right and the steering wheel is cocked a little to the right as well...
  4. 01 ranger 4.0 sometimes no start

When it runs it feels fine, doesn't lose power or die while driving. Sometimes after driving I try to start it and it cranks but no start, after 15-30 minutes it'll start. I can't hear the fuel pump during the no start but I assumed that if the fuel pump is bad that it would lose power while...
  5. where was my post moved too?

It had to do with brakes..but it isn't in that forum
  6. ok let me try this again

01 4x4 ranger..does it have a replaceable proportioning valve? I know its supposed to be 80% pressure to front brakes and 20% to the rear, my rears feel like they are getting the 80% and my fronts are getting 20%. Is it possible that something is reversed in my system or is something else...
  7. 01 4x4 rear brake problem

Ok I had a problem with my rear adjusters being installed on the wrong side so for awhile I was driving around with pretty much only the front brakes doing the work. I noticed that I had to damn near push the pedal to the floor to get it to stop. Now that I have the rear drums adjusted correctly...
  8. drum brake problem

I have an 01 4.0 4x4 and I'm guessing about every 6 months the cable with the spring on the end lets go and gets broken inside the drum. Why does this happen? How do I prevent this? Any help appreciated
  9. Torque converter recomendations

I have an 01 4.0 4x4 and awhile back I had the rear main seal replaced and in the process the shop doing the work claims that 2 of the studs on my torque converter had messed up threads due to the wrong size nuts being on them. The shop claims they were able to recut the threads,well anyways...
  10. vibration

I know my yoke has some play in it,would that possibly cause vibration? I get vibration from 65-70, anything over or under its not very noticeable at all. the rims aren't damaged and my tires are new. any info appreciated
  11. upgraded the suspension a little

I have an 01 edge 4x4 the suspension is stock ride height. The Monroe reflex shocks and sway bar end links were shot, so I upgraded to moog end links. The shocks chose are gabriel max control, a monotube design. I was considering the bilstein 4600 shocks at first but the warranty is what...
  12. My MPG has Increased

I have an 01 auto 4x4 4.0 with 4.10LS and for 4 years or so I've gotten 18-18.5 MPG on the highway and 14 or so in town. I started noticing my mileage go up since last month even city mileage was impressive. The only thing I've done Is stop using seafoam and switch to Gumout multi system tune...
  13. New traxxas raptor

has anyone bought one? It's based on the slash platform I think,I've never driven a slash but I've read the cog is high and dosent handle as well as other SC trucks..I've driven an HPI blitz..but I'm considering either the traxxas SVT Raptor or an associated SC10. Any input?
  14. P1401 please help

i put in a new DPFE sensor for this code a few days ago..now on a road trip & no cel but the code is back..scanned it cause of a rough idle..it's an 01 4.0 auto..any ideas appreciated
  15. **FIXED** p0174,p1150,p1151 and bad #5 misfire fixed

u can see in my previous posts what i had done to try to correct the problem. on thursday i ran the truck balls out for about 10 miles,i figured if there was carbon build up on the #5 valve causing the misfire that this might loosen it up a bit. it did actually start misfiring less..today I went...
  16. Update on p0174 and misfire..new codes

In my previous post ..p0174 and rotten egg smell..I've listed everything I've done to try and correct the problem. Today I ran the truck balls out hard on the freeway and all of a sudden it started running much smoother,so I figure it had carbon on the #5 valve. Anyway I cleared the codes and...
  17. P0174 and rotten egg smell exhaust

I have an 01 edge 4.0 auto..the hoses that usually crack and throw this code were fixed awhile back and are still in good shape. Truck does run rough and idle surges. My question Is can a bad/clogged cat cause the p0174? I've been told to replace the cat but don't want to spend the cash and it...
  18. need recomendations for projector headlights

I posted this in the general section but no help yet. its an 01 ranger and Im looking to replace the headlights with projector style but the complete assemblys not kits. Anyway I was looking at spyder,sonar or CG..I like the looks of CG but I would like to know if any of you have experience with...
  19. projector recomendation

projector headlight recomendation i have an 01 and this is an upgrage i am interested in,I am leaning more towards buying the complete assembly rather than modify my current housings. my problem is I've been looking at different manufactures but not sure which ones are good quality. They are...
  20. sparkplugs won't stay tight

01 4.0,I been having trouble with the #4 & #3 not staying tight(#3 is worst one) seems like im tightening them every 2 weeks. Any way i can fix this without removing the head? My dad suggested loctite but i don't think that is a good idea

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad