• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fordman back.....sort of.

Hey folks, Fordman here. Been gone a while. Saw the posts about the Rangers, and as for a big block Ranger, not sure I was first but in 89 I built mounts, and set a stroker 460 in an 88 Ranger S model. While I didnt finish it, it was built in my shop for a customer out of Louisville Ky. I found...
  2. A4LD diognostics,before condeming tranny...

Before yanking the tranny, here is a list of "should do's" before pulling the tranny. (1) Check fluid level and condition, if it smells burnt, probably ought to try servicing it. A common problem is if it was ever serviced before, the filter o-rings sometimes get left off or cut, leading to...
  3. My newest issue...

Bought a 92 Ranger with a 3.0 and a4ld. Went forward fine, no reverse. Fluid was ok, slightly discolored, but 150k miles, who knows. Diognosis: most likely low/rev servo leaking or cover gasket blown, since all forward gears seemed fine. Dropped pan, not the problem. Ok, so next guess was...
  4. Fordman

Well, while not new, I, Fordman, am back. Health issues, business, and almost got out of the Ranger business. Got several projects goin on so far. Got a 93 2.3 5sp 2x4, 92 3.0 automatic 2x4, 91 2.3 5sp 2x4 swb, 90 2.9 5sp 4x4 , and just bought another 92 3.0 5sp 2x4.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad