• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. trinogt

Is this bad?

I see some small cracks between water jacket holes and head bolt holes… it’s concerning. What do you think? Early style 4.0 ohv, in my ‘93 Splash rc Flareside . Just get a new head? Run it? The reason for having the head off is because of noisy lifters, but I see a lot of wear in the rocker arms...
  2. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

I check my oil after an oil change, ran the truck at idle 3 or 4 times, maybe 30 minutes total, no road time. There is more oil than what I put in, and it smells like gas. I’ve already replaced regulator, all six injectors, upper intake gasket, but same issue. 1993 Ranger with 4.0. Any ideas?
  3. trinogt

Splash Bumper: what else will fit?

My son has a 1993 Splash model... He got in a small wreck and the bumper is toast. Everywhere I look (like ebay), all the front bumpers are for every model but Splash! Even when it says Splash in the title, looking further down in the description, it says "Does not fit Splash model". Is there...
  4. trinogt

1998 New Engine issues!?

I have a 1998 Mazda B2500. Just before Thanksgiving 2013, at around 240,000 miles, I had my local Ford dealership install a remanufactured 2.5 liter engine in my truck, which I was told came with a 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Well, by the time of my first oil change at 5000 miles, I had...
  5. trinogt

Is it master cylinder, or worse?

I read through a lot of these posts about the manual trans, but it seems as though a lot of the time, people are just throwing parts at a problem, hoping to find the fix the first time around. I am trying to avoid that, because I am very limited for time. New clutch 10K miles ago: I started my...
  6. trinogt

EGR, DPFE, and pinging!

Thought I would start a new thread and abandon the old for lack of replies... I still have ping. Just replaced EGR solenoid. EGR works when I pull vacuum on it, so thinking DPFE might be bad? Don't want to replace both EGR and DPFE, so if anyone has an idea what I should take a chance on first?
  7. trinogt

Are these temp issues?

please delete post; forgot I had a thread going on this already
  8. trinogt

Where would this vacuum line go?

In my last post here in this forum, I had some heating problems, among other things... I had a hunch today, so I dropped the glove box and had a look at the blend door. No matter what function I put the climate control knob on, the blend door never opens, whether the engine is cold or hot! I...
  9. trinogt

Ping, surging, revving?

Ok, no codes... Cleaned MAF and IAC. The engine has an off-idle ping, but not under heavy acceleration. Just at cruise speed, touching the pedal ever so slightly will cause ping. Also, changing gears when engine is warm, as soon as I step on the clutch, engine speed spikes up, even during...
  10. trinogt

Heat, no heat... Gauge up, down!

Since I have owned this '98 B2500, the heat has never been good. Sometimes it will blow warm, sometimes cold, no matter how long it's been running. Most of the time the temp gauge shows cold, like it was just started. Once in a while, it will go up to the normal range, but not for long. The heat...
  11. trinogt

Anyone with a '98-newer with drop springs front?

I have a 1998, and wondering what it would look like with the front drop springs and rear flip... (I have a Mazda B2500 extended cab)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad