• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. trinogt

Is this bad?

Truck in question:
  2. trinogt

Is this bad?

Copy that… the other looks similar; very likely the original heads, based on rocker arm wear and condition. I think I shall replace both heads thank you to all how does everyone feel about Felpro for all gaskets?
  3. trinogt

Is this bad?

The cheapest option I have now is to buy one new, bare head for $220, and use my old valves and springs, maybe just a quick valve lap and put it together? I normally don’t try to do a quick job, but i need to get this truck rolling soon… what do you think?
  4. trinogt

Is this bad?

The local machine shop is no more, sadly… my first thought was to have them look until I remembered they closed down recently. I don’t feel warm and fuzzy about it, even though compression was good in all cylinders, there were times I thought I smelled the sweet smell of coolant from the...
  5. trinogt

Is this bad?

I see some small cracks between water jacket holes and head bolt holes… it’s concerning. What do you think? Early style 4.0 ohv, in my ‘93 Splash rc Flareside . Just get a new head? Run it? The reason for having the head off is because of noisy lifters, but I see a lot of wear in the rocker arms...
  6. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

I had thought about rebuilding- but for $2500, I can get a reman 4.0 with a 5 year warranty… decisions, decisions! Lol. Might have to just sell my B2500 (new rebuilt engine) since I don’t need the two trucks- I do like the utility of the extended cab of my B series(stereo), but the regular cab...
  7. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Hmmm… I may actually still have the originals… good idea, I will look into that.
  8. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

As far as I can tell, 133,000 miles. Compression test the other day came up with 175-185 all cylinders before the noise started.
  9. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Yup, the lifter bores are partially covered by the cylinder heads in the 4.0 ohv. I have one completely collapsed lifter, might as well replace all, along with head bolts, gaskets, rocker arms and push rods
  10. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

You could say things are worse- found a collapsed lifter, and half of the others missing their nylon hats…Will be pulling heads. here’s a shot of the average rocker arm valve-side tip:
  11. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

I started the truck every day to move it out of its cocoon and into the yard where I had room to work on it- Once in maybe 10 starts would it make the noise cold, but then it would clear up and idle smooth. Today as I drive it two blocks to get gas, it got noisy and never stopped 😞
  12. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Yeah, I probably bought the latter lol! The biggest problem I have, is that the crank case was filling up with the old injectors installed, and putting new injectors in and I have the same problem. I am looking at odds here? So frustrating. Now today, I started having what sounds like lifter...
  13. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Thank you to all for the help so far! I just did a compression test: Right bank, back to front 175,176,186. Left bank, back to front, 185,180,180. Tested multiple times each cylinder, right bank first test of front cylinder was 210(afterward stayed 186),left bank rear cylinder first test was...
  14. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

The photo of oil was taken yesterday, but it has sat still for about three days now… Also, I removed the gas tank when I had the bed off to paint the cab, and installed a new fuel pump, fuel filter, and a section of hard plastic fuel line that had split causing a leak. I also replaced fuel...
  15. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

I listened to the injectors while running, and listened to intermittent valve clatter, but I don’t know how long I’d be able to keep a stethoscope on any injector if it takes over an hour to bleed down? I still can’t rule out coolant- the smell could just be excessive hydrocarbons… I was hoping...
  16. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Running at idle, I get 32 psi fuel pressure. After shut down, it maintains 32 psi for about 30 minutes, but in an hour it drops to 20 psi… not sure if that’s normal or not. Dipstick looks like clean oil. Here’s a photo of sample as taken from oil pan.
  17. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Sounds crazy, but it looks like another quart, according to the dipstick. Injectors are new. I replaced them when I first suspected that as a problem, along with fpr.
  18. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

New development today- I installed a cold air intake- the original had a gaping hole in it that I taped up with electrical tape, and the junkyard didn’t turn up a suitable snorkel. I disconnected the battery for a few hours to clear the pcm. Then I started it and ran it awhile. That was...
  19. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

Sorry- somehow I’m not getting notifications of this thread, thought nobody cared 😞. Lol . I’ll post photo of fresh oil in a jar soon. It’s dark as heck!
  20. trinogt

Gas in my oil… still

No, but it smells like fuel, I will upload photo of oil sample.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad