• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wheel cylinder for a FX4 LII?

After a couple of trips to the parts store I realized the brake cylinder for a FX4 LII is not the same as what's used on the regular 4X4. Anyone here know what PN I need?
  2. Brake Cylinder for a FX4 LII?

After a couple of trips to the parts store I realized the brake cylinder for a FX4 LII is not the same as what's used on the regular 4X4. Anyone here know what PN I need?
  3. Polishing Alcoa rims

I have s set of Alcoa rims that are in pretty decent shape but have been neglected in regards to shining them up. What's the best way to polish them and get them nce a shiney again? Is there a factory clear coat on them and if so does it need to be removed?
  4. LED Bulbs in Stock Headlight Housings?

Has anyone found an aftermarket LED bulb that will work well with the stock headlight housing? I'm looking for brighter lighting but don't want to be one of those guys who's blinds oncoming traffic. Thanks for any advice.
  5. Splash Shields?

Any one here not using the splash shields? I'm talking about the soft rubber pieces located up in the front wheel wells. Looks like they kind of protect the engine bay. My passenger side one is coming apart and not staying in place and the drivers side one is only half there. Any issues with not...
  6. Replacement Shocks 4x4 XLT vs FX4?

I have an '03 FX4 and I need to replace the shocks. Will shocks for a 4x4 XLT fit on my FX4?
  7. Catalytic Converter Flange

The rear flange on my 2003 4.0 Ranger catalytic converter has rusted away to nothing and now I have an exhaust leak at that joint. Any easy fixes for this or do I need to visit a muffler shop?
  8. Lower Ball Joints-Axle Shaft?

I'm getting ready to replace the lower ball joints on my '03 4x4. Will I need to disconnect the axle shaft to move the knuckle out of the way or will there be enough room if I keep it attached?
  9. Steering Wheel Centering?

I've had my `03 Ranger for about ten years now and as long as I've had it the steering wheel has been off a few degrees from center. It doesn't pull to the left or right and the tire wear has been great but yet the steering wheel is off a bit. Is it a matter of pulling the wheel and centering it...
  10. Aftermarket Fog/Driving lights?

Has anyone found a decent set of aftermarket lights that can be mounted behind the grill and yet still provide a good field of light and not glare into oncoming traffic?
  11. White letters out or Black wall out?

Getting a new set of tires soon. Should I have the white letters out or the black wall out? What do you guys prefer?
  12. One piece upper control arm?

The upper ball joints on my `03 are getting bad so I've been looking at upper control arms. Some places are selling a one piece upper arm for the right side and others have the two piece section. Would using the one piece arm limit the ability to properly align the wheels?
  13. Dash & Steering wheel lights?

I have an '03 Ranger that's not my daily driver and I seldom drive it at night. I just noticed the other day that neither the buttons on the steering wheel and the headlight switch are lit. Is that normal or should they be lit?
  14. Rear Shackle Replacement

I'm trying to replace the rear shackles and the nut on the top bolt just spins. Without taking off the bed how in the heck can I keep that nut from spinning?
  15. Spindle nut size?

I'm going to be changing the hub/bearing assembly on my `03 4x4 Ranger soon and I know I don't have a socket big enough for the spindle nut. What size do I need and am I going to have to borrow an impact wrench to get the nut off? Anything wrong with apply some heat to the nut as I'm going to be...
  16. MAF Cleaning

I've got a P0171 and a P0174 code on my `03 4.0. What's the best way to clean the MAF?
  17. Battery Blanket?

I'm replacing the battery in my ranger and was wondering just how much the stock blanket or wrap that goes around the battery does. It's not a heated blanket it's just a foam koolie cup for the battery. Should I put it back on or pitch it?
  18. Battery is leaking.

The battery on my `03 Ranger is starting to leak acid out of the caps. The water is filled to the proper level and it starts just fine. Could this be a problem with the battery itself or the alternator?
  19. Truck Cap Brake Light

I just picked up an aluminum cap for my Ranger and I'd like to put a third brake light on it. What's the best way to get brake light power to the light? Tap into one of the rear brake lights, tap into the existing third brake light or is ther another way?
  20. Ranger & S-10 bed size?

I'm looking for a cap for my `03 short bed Ranger. This might be a dumb question but is a short bed S-10 the same dimensions?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad