• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine rough at idle when AC is on

My 98 3.0 Ranger runs near perfect except at idle with the AC on. Above an idle it seems OK. Runs OK until and unless the AC is turned on. (Has to be on a LOT in Arizona). It idles rough, with a slight miss, when the AC is on, almost all the time. I have read somewhere, maybe on this Forum but I...
  2. Fuel Elec Device Question

On my 1998 Ranger Supercab 3.0 - just in front of the spare tire - there is a device of some sort with wires going to it and at least one fuel line. Can someone tell me what this is? Thanks, desertrat
  3. 5 Speed Manual Tranny Question.

My 98 Supercab has over 200,000 on it so I changed the oil in the tranny and transfer case, just as a precaution. I found some aluminum in the oil. That worries me because it seems to me the only aluminum is the case and that would mean I have a bearing spinning in the case. Does anyoone know if...
  4. 4X4 Module Location 98 Supercab

Can anyone tell me where the 4X4 Module (brain, EEC, etc) is located on a 1998 Ranger Supercab? I found the test procedure which says it is behind Drivers side Jump Seat but it is not there on my truck. Can anyone describe it? Maybe I have seen it but too dumb to recognize it.
  5. Current draw with key on, engine off

Does anyone have an estimate of how much current draw is on the battery of a 3.0 Ranger with the key on, engine off? I was working on my truck today and listening to the radio and the battery went dead real fast, or so it seemed. The battery is new. I hung my Amp Clamp on it and it was pulling...
  6. Bad Alternator - Overcharging Also ABS ECU Info

This issue started, I thought, wwhen I replaced some instrument lights. That was just coincidental. After chancing the lamps the 1998 4WD Ranger would not start. Then things got strange. I found the Radio was shorted and the ABS fuse blown. And the battery would discharge in about 3 hours, had...
  7. cranks but will not start

Hello, I am a Newbie. I pulled the instrument panel today and replaced some instrument lamps. Now truck will not start and the Check Engine Light does not come on. I have checked the Fuel Shut Off Switch and it seems OK. I had the battery unhooked for 2 days. It is a 1998 3.0 4X4.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad