• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89REDRANGER

90% of everything and 100% of nothing...

Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted, or even owned an RBV, but I'm starting a new project soon enough... So far I've picked up a set of stainless JBA headers for a 2.9 with y-pipe, an M50D, a 1354M, a 3.73 Dana 35, a matching drum brake Exploder 8.8, front and rear Exploder springs, and 2...
  2. 89REDRANGER

Featured video B2...?

I'm trying to find some info on the B2 that is the featured video on the . BroncoIICorrall page. Anybody know where I can find it...or even the owners user name so I can do a search for him?
  3. 89REDRANGER

Now ain't this just a snag?

I picked this up from a buddy for $300 and my rolled and trashed Long Bed. Not a bad deal I think. I'll post up the tech specs later! The only bad body part!
  4. 89REDRANGER

Hushpower???

Anybody on here tried out the new(er) mufflers from Flowmaster called the Hushpower? I kinda like the idea that they're small, and available to almost any size you could want. If you've got videos or sound clips of this setup on a 2.9 V6 post 'em or post up a link to them please.
  5. 89REDRANGER

I dun it! 58mm throttle body on 2nd Gen. Ranger

I found a 58mm throttle body at the local wrecking yard and got it for a very small fee. Anywho, I threw it on the truck along with the TPS that was on it. Needless to say, I ended up putting my TPS back on. As far as performance differences, it feels a little more luggy at full throttle till...
  6. 89REDRANGER

FM146(?) to M50D

I'm assuming my '89 Ranger with a 2.9 has a FM146 in it and I wanna swap it for a M50D/1354 combo a buddy has for $100 bucks. Problem is, I don't know if the driveshaft is the same length. I know the front will need to be replaced, beings it has a flanged output, but that can be done later. I...
  7. 89REDRANGER

Bobbed Bed on '89 Long bed Ranger???

Here's the deal...I have an '89 Ranger long bed and I'm tired of the damn bumper and quarter panels dragging on everything. I was recently given a short bed for free. I would like to take the back half of the short bed off, cut my bed off where needed, then weld on the shortbed rear half. I...
  8. 89REDRANGER

Went to the dunes!

Like it said, got some pics I'm posting so y'all can see. Nothing too serious. Just scenic stuff and pics of my truck. Let me know what you think!
  9. 89REDRANGER

Where can I get this book?

I am looking for Sven Pruett's book on the Ford v6s, and can't find it anywhere. I have searched the net, every book store, and even on here. Can't find it for the life of me. Help me out guys.
  10. 89REDRANGER

Check this out. Cheap for what it is.

I was looking for a decent 4 inch lift to use till I can get a SAS done, and came across this: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248624.html Look any good to you guys? It doesn't have the drop plates. It has complete drop replacement brackets so I don't think it should cause...
  11. 89REDRANGER

Che

Sorry, screwed up. Don't know how to delete. Please do it Mods.
  12. 89REDRANGER

3.44 Liter Stroker?? Can it be done?

Anybody ever thought of throwing a 4.0 crank in the 2.9? From what I can figure out, it would work out to be a 3.44L motor. Just a thought. If I'm gonna have the 2.9, I might as well tinker with it see what I can do that others haven't.
  13. 89REDRANGER

Supercharged 2.9???`

I know, I know. Why the hell would somebody want to do it? Well, I want to do it for the sake of being different. Can it be done with the speed density system found on my truck? I only want to run 5-7lbs. of boost on this motor, is that safe? What kind of power can I expect with this, a cam...
  14. 89REDRANGER

90 weight in FM145?

When I did the clutch in my truck I noticed that the last idiot who changed the trans. fluid in my truck had used gear lube instead of ATF. Is this going to hurt it? It never makes a noise and shift damn good unless it's cold (which makes it damn near impossible to shift). The fluid is REALLY...
  15. 89REDRANGER

International 4x4 Dump

That I know of International used Dana/Spicer axles, like the Dana 44 and such. If it's a one ton it may be a Dana 70 or 60. Something like that. Just what I have seen. Don't quote me though. It may be some kind of in-house one ton axle.
  16. 89REDRANGER

BDS Suspension Lift? Any Good???

I give up on 2 inches of lift. I got to looking at a BDS lift tonight. Are they any good. Durability, quality, price...?
  17. 89REDRANGER

Exploder I-Beam brackets?

Any body know if you can get any lift by using the Explorer stuff on a Ranger? I am only looking to get 2-2.5" in the front of my truck. My goal is to keep it low, but still fit 33s. I like the stability of keeping the truck as low as possible, and only lifting enough to fit the tires you...
  18. 89REDRANGER

High-Rider Brochures Available!!!

Follow this link: http://store.vintagepaperads.com/servlet/-strse-10453/1987-Ford-Ranger-STX/Detail I found this by complete accident searching for the High-Rider info. They sell the factory brochures for like $9.95. It's a little more of that hard to find factory text.
  19. 89REDRANGER

Welded Spiders?

I have a question for some of you who may have experiance with the 7.5 rear ends. How well will these LITTLE diffs hold up with welded spiders and 31s? I just want the extra traction for the snow wheeling that I am planning on soon. I won't dare do it to my front D28. That's asking for trouble...
  20. 89REDRANGER

My $800 DD/Toy!

I picked this truck up for $800. I've had it for about two months now and just been too lazy and busy to put some pics up. Anywho, here's some stats: 1989 Ford Ranger XLT Long-Bed, Standard-Cab, 4X4, 5-speed manual, manual hubs, manual 13-50 t-case, 2.9 v6, all manual windows and doors, no A/C...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad