• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RustedRanger

Cleaning MAP Sensor

I read a post awhile back where a guy said he cleaned his MAP sensor. I'd wondered about that but worried I might kill it.....so not long ago my check engine light came on.....turns out it gave a code for something that's not even there. I went through and checked things and decided to clean the...
  2. RustedRanger

V-6 Aspire,Good Idea?

I did a search but couldn't find any V-6 Aspires done in the usual hot rod way....one had a 6 with FWD and I think Leno did one with a 24V 3.0 but it's in the back. I think it'd make for a decent looking small car that'd be quick and relatively cheap and would also get good mpgs. If you found...
  3. RustedRanger

Bad Fram Fuel Filter

Changed the fuel filter yest (Fram)....got it off and noticed it rattling...I haven't cut it open yet but it feels like the whole filter media broke loose inside. I read posts here about their oil filters coming apart inside so I stopped using them.
  4. RustedRanger

High Idle,Hard Start Hot

My trucks been running decent until day before yesterday after getting gas it took three long tries to get it started and I had to give it some gas pedal so it would start. Now it idles at 1300,it fires right up when fully cold,cranks awhile after cooling off an hour or so but don't wanna start...
  5. RustedRanger

Runs Hotter When Colder.....

This isn't really a problem...just something strange I've noticed with my truck. It seems when it's colder outside the thing runs warmer by what the temp gauge says. Over the winter the needle on the gauge stayed around the "M"....once it warmed up it stays more on the "A" on "Normal". The other...
  6. RustedRanger

Fuel Pump?

Last week I almost ran out of gas and when I turned a corner it started missing badly...then after putting gas in it still does it off and on. Think I killed the fuel pump? The filter only has about 6,000 mi on it and the gas tank shouldn't have had much dirt in it since I replaced it a couple...
  7. RustedRanger

Bugging Out / Survival

Concerning batteries....do the motorcycle batteries that are sold "dry" with the acid in a separate container stay good indefinitely? I know they are small but could come in handy and could start a bigger vehicle if a few of them are used it seems like.
  8. RustedRanger

Bugging Out / Survival

Some good info on EMP's at www.futurescience.com/emp.html The range of damage depends on the altitude the weapon is set off and it's size and construction. The energy will also travel along wires,even those underground. The site also has pages about the personal effects and effects on vehicles...
  9. RustedRanger

Bugging Out / Survival

Centma..."funny" you should mention the info on the likelihood of an EMP....yesterday on the show The 700 Club they had a story on this subject. A former Revolutionary Guard (Iranian) member said that Iran already has a plan in place to use an EMP. They plan to use an unmarked freighter off the...
  10. RustedRanger

Bugging Out / Survival

I think one big downfall of gasoline engines will be the gasoline we have now since it goes bad really quick. In the past I have seen pics of cars in German occupied countries during WW2 that were converted to run on gasified wood. I have seen a couple of these recently on TV shows and they are...
  11. RustedRanger

Bugging Out / Survival

I don't think most of us here would consider stocking up on ammo with the thought to steal what we need but for self defense and hunting. An EMP fries everything with a chip that's not shielded. What I read said that a single nuke set off over the east coast at 250 miles high would fry our power...
  12. RustedRanger

7.5 run around

Last week I noticed my rear end cover sprung a leak because of rust. Saturday I went to three junk yards....nothing,then went to Autozone,Advance Auto and O'rieylies (sp) and all they offer is a cover for a 8.8 and that is all their computer shows for an 87. Of course the people who helped me...
  13. RustedRanger

Hydraulic 4 wheel drive...

I was watching "Swamp Loggers" last night and the guy was looking into getting his service truck fitted with a hydraulic 4 wheel drive system. It must be something new cause the guy went to a Vegas convention to check it out and also got to do a test drive. The rep told him it sends 55...
  14. RustedRanger

Cheap cooling improvement

The other day it got hot outside and as I was waiting in line to take in scrap metal my Ranger started getting hot,not boiling over but enough to make the idle rough. I removed the grill first then took some 1/2" fiberglass backed foam insulation I had laying around and with some quick...
  15. RustedRanger

Opinions on E85

I have read some articles on converting vehicles to run on E85 and I am wondering if anyone has converted an older Ranger like mine (87 2.9L) to use it? I know either a custom computer or carb is needed to use it and higher compression is a plus to get the full benefit of E85's high octane. I'm...
  16. RustedRanger

How to clean w washer squirter?

The hole for the pass side squirter for the windshield washer fluid seems clogged. What's the best way to clean it? I thought about using a needle in the hole but don't wanna screw it up. Maybe take it off and soak it in vinegar?
  17. RustedRanger

Oil in throttle body.

I took my air intake tube off about a week ago to do some mods and there was a trail of oil from around the holes in the mouth of the TB into the air tube. I replaced the PCV valve (with a quality one) and then I had the tube off yest and there is still a little oil in the TB. I know how to work...
  18. RustedRanger

Hard pedal

After driving and sutting off my truck for more than an hour or so the brake pedal is hard(no vacume). Could this be the booster leaking or a bad check valve?
  19. RustedRanger

99 Sable ???'s

My mom has a 99 Sable 3.0L and it has started running rich. It has 256K on it but the motor runs really good but it has started running rich when she starts it up. Are the systems for the engine control anything like what's on my 87 Ranger?
  20. RustedRanger

65 Mustang GT Convt.....how much $??

My dad has a 65 Mustang GT Convt 289 AT AC PS,its dark blue with a white top and white Pony interior and has the rally pac gauges. It has the Shelby type rallys and even the original set of redline tires with it. It's in great shape,looks to have been restored. It had two previous owners,one of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad