• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Captain Ledd

Adding heated seats? (dealing with the velcro?)

Looking to add some heat to some 1997 Ranger seats. But all the pads I've found are about 11-12" wide. The problem is, on the cloth seats, there's two strips of some hardcore velcro that are 9" between them (11" to the outside edges) running from front to back (on both the seat and the...
  2. Captain Ledd

RUBBER Body Mounts - Compatibility?

Frame swapping my '97, having a HECK of a time finding new body mounts. Not the bracket part, the rubber doughnut parts and hardware. Both mine and the donor's are all cracked/exploded/too-hard/or missing. I've tried a polyurethane set and I immediately sent it back. Some of you have heard...
  3. Captain Ledd

15" Deer Hoof Wheels - a BUNCH of them, Michigan

Looking to upgrade to the proper 15" variant for my rebuild and also for the eventual trailer build. $40 a pop? Honestly, I'm looking for at the least 8 wheels (yes, eight) and probably up to 10 or 12 since for some reason they seem to be hard to find. I've found bunches of the 14" ones...
  4. Captain Ledd

Spare Tire - Firestone FR480 225/75R15

Looking for a factory spare that's not completely rotted out. I know, they're getting harder to find. I'm located in the Kalamazoo, Mi. area. But I'll be willing to drive for one. Building a new set of front hubs for our 8N for a school project, basically putting turf tires on it. Opted for...
  5. Captain Ledd

2" Drop Coils - ride quality? (+other Q's)

Assuming proper clearance with the bump stop for full movement, are there any issues with ride quality? Are there other things that might need trimmed or would be better if moved/trimmed a bit? I see two main brands, Belltech and DJM, there were some other brands that popped up on websites...
  6. Captain Ledd

Jotto Gear handgun holster size?

It lists some VERY basic dimensions on the site, but does anyone have better ones? or have one they can get some better dimensions off of? I think I can fit it in the spot that I want, but it'll be kinda at an angle. I'd like to make a cardboard template or something to make sure it'll have...
  7. Captain Ledd

Why trailer weight distribution matters

Trailer sway demonstration Hopefully that hotlink works. It's on Facebook, I couldn't find a copy on youtube. I couldn't get the window link to work for some reason. Ah HA! Found one. However the guy has some anti-trailer nonsense at the end, but it does have essentially the full video...
  8. Captain Ledd

Trucker code? (lights)

I've noticed driving down the road that some of the semi's will blink their lights/brakes/turn-signal in a certain sequence, I think mostly to tell when it's safe to merge back over after passing. At least that's when I notice it. Does anyone know what the sequences are and what they mean?
  9. Captain Ledd

Valvoline VPS Oil Cleaner

So this stuff is back on Ebay after a bit of hiatus, and for a reasonable $13. But it only offers a $14.15 expedited shipping option! Is this stuff normally in the $20's? and they're trying to lure people by making up their cost via shipping charges? I've looked around a bit and can't seem to...
  10. Captain Ledd

Softest, most pleasant to shoot .380?

What are some of your experiences with .380's for comfort/fun shooting? They cannot be harsh shooting or difficult to wield (yes, even though it's a .380, I know), I gotta make this a good experience. Some in particular I keep seeing is the CZ83 and SIG238(?). My girlfriend was looking at...
  11. Captain Ledd

Moderate 2.3 stroker - computer end? (+ others)

I have all the parts for my 4x4 swap and then some, and the other issues of the truck are getting to a point where I almost have to do a tear down for regular maintenance sake. Sooo much is getting to the point where I cannot put it off anymore. Thanks to several thousand miles with a...
  12. Captain Ledd

Individual winch quick-connectors?

:icon_welder: Likely going to pick up a winch for my trailer soon, and would like to mount it on a reciever so I can use it on my trucks, but there's one tiny thing nagging me... I can find quick connectors no problem, but they're a set. I only need 2 male (arbitrarily picking a gender)...
  13. Captain Ledd

How a differential works (video)

I still see a lot of people asking questions about how diff's work. I happened across this neat video earlier tonight and despite it being a Chevy production (from 1937), it still applies today in our Rangers and every other automobile. When they mention about the spokes not allowing the...
  14. Captain Ledd

Quick Q about gearing availability (Explorer)

A friend of mine is trying to track down a 3.55 geared Explorer with an L/S. Door code D5. But he can't find ANY of them, and has reportedly found 20+ 3.73 L/S units and 1 4.10 L/S and several pick'n pulls. No 3.55's of any flavor. Is this just some bad luck in the yards? I thought 3.55 was...
  15. Captain Ledd

If any of you are feeling generous

A friend of mine is trying to raise money for her Non-profit organization providing after school help for children who can't readily go home after school. These particular donations help go toward "scholarships" or really to help those less privileged children afford to go somewhere and have...
  16. Captain Ledd

Speedi-sleeve repair & splines

Trying to put new seals in a flail mower gearbox that used to have FELT seals.... Needless to say, things are pretty pitted up. I've found the correct replacement repair sleeve diameters, but they say DO NOT INSTALL OVER SPLINES. So does this mean I can't go past or over splines? or does it...
  17. Captain Ledd

Are all solid axle D44 balljoints the same?

Seems like a simple question Google could handle (even filled in my search bar), but it yielded no definitive answers. All the pictures I look at are generic ball joint images (though they look exactly like the ball joints I'v seen for D44's). The pictures look identical even though the...
  18. Captain Ledd

Cutting Gun Stock Blanks

Me and a friend are wanting to try and do some custom stocks at some point for our rifles. I've got some more questions as I still consider myself a bit of an amateur when it comes to guns. I've searched around a long freaking time on the internet and the consensus was "WALNUT". But further...
  19. Captain Ledd

Exhaust stud springs? Necessary?

Trying to put a new y-pipe on a K2500 with the 350, of course the old studs snapped and had to be torched the rest of the way off. Anyways, they had springs on them (or rusted chunks that used to be springs), how critical are these? Can I just use regular bolts? I can't find just the springs...
  20. Captain Ledd

Some aggravating Bluetooth questions.

So I went and got a bluetooth headset to play my PS3 online and talk to friends. But for whatever reason, Playstation has decided that the only thing going on over headsets was chat. This will not do, there needs to be game audio and chat audio on the same headset connection. Is this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad