• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 Ranger wouldn't start

Update from several months back. I have this 89 Ranger 2.9 that refused to start and run without spraying something in the throttle body to keep it going. I danced around several things and then winter set in and I couldn't work on it. The weather finally got decent enough for me to work. I...
  2. 1989 2.9 won't start

I am putting a 1989 Ranger with 2.9 V-6 back together for a friend after it sat for about ten years. I had to install a new fuel pump and clean the tank and lines. The fuel rail was open during that ten years, and quite possibly have what I affectionately call dirt daubers nest in it. However...
  3. About tired of A4LD

Rebuilt this transmission about 1 year ago. Few weeks back overdrive quit, opened up tranny to find overdrive clutch snap ring had come off, springs running loose, and the overdrive band burnt. Couldn't find anything else wrong, so replaced those parts. Yesterday started making a grinding sound...
  4. 1984 2.8 overheating

I have a 1984 Ranger with the 2.8 V-6 that tends to run hot. This truck also has an A4LD trans that I rebuilt and installed last year. Then engine was rebuilt last year, (by me) and ran fine last year during the summer. It is bored .030 over and I have converted the carb and fuel system over to...
  5. Another new guy

Hi. Thought I had registered here before, but couldn't find my user name and so just registerd anyway. I'm in central Texas, with a 1984 Ranger that is getting me down. I'll go into that somewhere else. Glad to see this much info on these little trucks. Roy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad