• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerSVT

rectangle tube, or dom?

So I'm in the planning stages of SVT's next phase. I'm building a new suspension, and along with that a new foundation to build off of, a new frame. My current weight is about 7k, with the new axles I'm expecting at least 8k. I'm looking to lose a few pounds with the new frame. My choices are...
  2. RangerSVT

"Heads" up!

Just another " heads " question. The heads in question are the 4 valve heads on the 4.6l and 5.4l engines specific to the intech family in the mark viii's, continental's, and navigators. The 32 valve aluminum 4.6l engines (named teksid, for the manufacture) in the mark viii's and continentals...
  3. RangerSVT

TRS Banner Sign/Meet in STL

This thread is for those wanting to meet up in STL area to sign the banner. I will make a listing of those members that are going to meet up. Post up if want to attend, and also make a suggestion for a location meet... Attending: 1. RangerSVT 2. Brandizzle 3. Hoosier1104 4. Sweet-85' 5...
  4. RangerSVT

Spike tv's Extreme 4x4 comes to an end...

Ian Johnson just stated on pirate two nights ago that spike tv has decided to cancel power block tv. That explains why it went absent two weekends ago and its been reruns since. Good news is Ian is continuing power block on a local station, CBS & NBC. You can read more here...
  5. RangerSVT

How to properly make solder connections

Here is how to make a good tight secure solder. Before you start the process of soldering, start by putting your heat shrink tubing on the wire and slide it down at least 8-10 inches, or as far away from the solder joint as possible... Take the two wires to be soldered together and strip them...
  6. RangerSVT

Flood damage from April 28, 2013

As some of you know, the central states had a bad storm come through. This is some of the damage I received... Here is the bridge going to the other house that washed out. This is the third bridge build in the lifetime that I know of, we built this bridge from scratch back in 03. Used 12"...
  7. RangerSVT

Spark plug choices...

Ok, first some info for those that don't know. I have a 5.0 P head from a 99 ex in my 02 sport Trac. Even with the 4.10 gears, I'm getting about 17-18 mpg. My goal is to hit 20. I'm due for a tuneup, and with new plugs, wires, and fuel and air filters changed I'm pretty sure I can reach my goal...
  8. RangerSVT

Which intake is better?

Soon I'll be strapping an eaton to my motor, and I was looking at the 5.0 truck efi lower intake, and the runners (rectangle)look larger than the gt40 runners (round). Keep in mind I won't be using the upper plenum of either, just the lower. Right now I have a choice of either an 89 mustang...
  9. RangerSVT

5.0 swap into 2002 Sport Trac

This is starting the teardown of the donor. Removal of the inner fender on the driver side was required, as the battery box was over the AC compressor. Since there is the possibility that I might rebuild the donor with ST’s original motor, both inner fenders and the core support needed to be...
  10. RangerSVT

railmans official V8 thread...

Well, no, not yet. Quit procrastinating :taunt: SVT
  11. RangerSVT

Anyone else tired of Photobucket??

I just tried logging onto photobucket to get some links to some pics I have, and today I noticed its taking longer and longer to log in and do what you got to do (get pics, upload, navigate through folders, etc). Is anyone else experiencing this problem?? I know its most likely due to the...
  12. RangerSVT

GT-40 or AFR 185 ??

Poll time :icon_thumby: First, a little background... Some of you know I have a V8 powered 02 Sport Trac using a 99 ex for a donor. I'm planning a big boost in power, but am undecided on which set of heads to run. I will be using my 89 mustang block (currently has about 120k miles, but will get...
  13. RangerSVT

Some people got nerve!

I just saw this on the news... A 30 yr old man is asking the state of tn to pay for his child support. He has 30 kids from 11 marriages, ranging from toddler to 14 yr olds. He only makes minimum wage and the state takes half of his check to divide amongst the children. I say the dumb a$$...
  14. RangerSVT

Project ST- yet another V8 swap....

Back in Nov 09 I did a V8 swap on my ranger, SVT. I was surprised at how much better the truck performed. Now the time has come for yet another V8 swap on my DD, my 02 Sport Trac 4x4, since the 4.0 is showing its age at 189k miles (and the previous owner ran it hard). I found a good candidate, a...
  15. RangerSVT

Thinking of my next wheeler project...

Ok, for those that know, I have SVT as my main wheeling rig, and its been under the knife for a while now. A while back I had my 96 lowrider ranger, and I'm thinking of converting it to a wheeler. Here are the last pics I have of it to refresh some of ya'll's memories... Currently the truck...
  16. RangerSVT

Paypal and Ebay :pissedoff:

Ok, both paypal and ebay have pissed me off and done me wrong, all due to a buyer that lied...It's got me so pissed I'm breathing fire!! What happened is I had an auction on ebay ( Clicky ) and the winning bidder took over a week to pay for it, and took several days to contact me about payment...
  17. RangerSVT

Carpet...

Hey guru's, I acquired an 02 sport trac that the previous owner just trashed and destroyed. I'm in the process of getting both missing and damaged interior parts and panels. Anyways, to my knowledge the gen 1's only came with rubber mats, and I want to install carpet. Does anyone know if the...
  18. RangerSVT

9" gearing

Ok members, I have a HP 60 front that I want to run 538's, and I'm planning to build a 9" for the rear, but my choice of gearing is either a 529 or a 543. I know .05 ratio difference is acceptable, but to me I'm not really comfortable running that much a difference. I will see quite a bit of...
  19. RangerSVT

Looking for a High Output Altenator??

I was browsing around the FFI website (fordfuelinjection.com) and I found this, brand new high output altenators for the same or less than one at the autoparts store...Check it out http://rjminjectiontech.com/collections/alternators SVT
  20. RangerSVT

Help Support My Fire Dept. Please Read!!

For those that don't know who I am, I am the Director (Chief) of my fire department (Indian Mound Volunteer Fire Department) and I am doing a fundraiser and am asking for TRS to help out... Very recently and coincidentally on May 23, 2011 an EF-2 tornado struck nearby Big Rock and taking with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad