• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dealer messed up my clutch

Hello All, I originally took my 5 speed to the Ford dealer to have a new master and slave installed. Since then, my truck has been nothing but trouble. I've taken the truck back at least 5 times for the same problem: inconsistent clutch feel. When I first get the truck from the dealer, the...
  2. 01-08 headlights lenses on a 98. Success!

Hey Everyone! If you have been wondering if a later model headlight lens that is the clear see-through style will fit a 98-2000 Mazda, the answer is yes. I finally tried it and it worked. You will notice if you compare the old and new lenses side by side uninstalled that the shape is actually...
  3. Dome lights not working after sitting awhile

Dome lights don't work after truck has been turned off Hello everyone, I am having a confusing problem that I cannot solve. My dome lights will not work when I open the doors after my truck has been sitting without running for about an hour. To go into some more detail, the dome lights work...
  4. auxiliary relay box #1/interior lamp relay

Hello everyone, Can anyone tell me where the auxiliary relay box #1 for a 1998 Ranger 2 wheel drive is located? I am looking specifically for the interior lamp relay. I have heard it is behind the passenger airbag somewhere. I have taken out the glove box but I cannot seem to find it. I don't...
  5. weird electrical problem

Hello All, My 98 3.0 2wd has been having weird issues lately. After the truck has been sitting for a few days and I start it, the clock is always a few hours off and the pcm (computer) feels like it has been reset (truck runs a little rough). I reprogram the clock every time, but sure enough...
  6. Where should I buy a pcm?

I need a new pcm. Can I buy a pre-programmed one or will I need to take the computer to a dealer? Anyone installed one of these units before?
  7. P0443 evaporative emissions control system purge-control valve circuit malfunction

I had my code for the cel read today and it said p0443 "evaporative emissions control system purge-control valve circuit malfunction." Where should I start on fixing this issue? All my truck info is to the left, and it now has 140 thousand miles. I've read it can be an evap cansister, or evap...
  8. Will this radio fit my truck?

Will a cd and cassette radio from a 2001 Ranger fit my 1998 truck with just a cassette radio? Both units are stock. Thanks
  9. New Headlights Lenses?

Does anyone know if a 02-later model mazda headlight lenses will fit my '98? I like the look of the newer headlight lenses better, and mine are starting to yellow. Also, I cannot find any sort of custom headlight lens at all. Anybody have any luck?
  10. Valve lifter ticking

Hello. My 98 3.0 sounds like the valve lifters are ticking while accelerating in 4th or 5th gear. The lifters don't seem to make any noise in lower gears. I was wondering if this is a big problem, and if so, how easy/expensive of a fix it is. Thanks!
  11. 3.0 rpm's

Does anybody know how fastest the rpm's should be going to stay safe? I have 3.73 gears and run about 3000 rpms down the interstate at 75. I usually drive 65 because I don't want to be too hard on the engine. I was wondering if it really made a difference on the life of the engine. Thanks!
  12. thinkin of buying 91 f250

The truck is a 91 f250. It has the 351 and 3 speed auto. It runs and drives fine. It has 122k on it. No mechanical problems, only problem with truck is left turn signal doesn't work. It starts at $700 (silent auction). I was going to buy it and fix the turn signals, re-upholster the seats, etc...
  13. Clutch replaced, feels like different ratios

Hey folks, My dad had his clutch replaced on his 94 4cyl obvious 5spd and now the gears feel like different ratios. Truck used to cruise at 35 in o.d and now will barely cruise at 45 in od without vibrating and being noisy (you know what it feels like when in too high of gear). It feels like...
  14. Who will win the tourney?

Pitt will win. Syracuse, Pitt, Uconn, and Lville will be in the final four.
  15. Anything for CAI that actually works?

I have a 98 3.0 stock (so far) and have heard cold air intake does not work. Is there anything I can do that won't be a waste of time for cold air? I saw some stuff for the 4 cyl, maybe its the same?
  16. Okie with a Mazda

I have a stock 98 mazda cab plus with a manuel and 3.0. This is my first vehicle. I want to do a few mods, but not too complex. I'm ready to get started!
  17. Will buying a tuner decrease gas mileage?

If I buy a tuner for my 98 3.0 and tune for performance, will there be a decrease in gas mileage? Thanks in advance.
  18. Any ideas for 98 3.0 exhaust?

I am thinking about a Gibson split rear exhaust system, but would like thoughts and ideas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad