• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dweano

Back to the Basics. What Alternator wire goes where?!

Ok guys. I have a 96 Ranger which I swapped a 97 5.0L powertrain into...started around two years ago. It is basically done now, complete with another transmission swap, delays, blah blah, you all know how it goes with projects :thefinger: So I have forget how things were supposed to go. I am...
  2. Dweano

Did I just put the flexplate on backwards?!?

I had to take it off yesterday while I was putting in a new tranny to change my oil pan gasket (which I still couldn't do) and I think I put it on backwards...somehow. The starter doesn't look like it is engaging and I can't turn the crank when I put the inspection cover back on. The weight...
  3. Dweano

What Should I Do?

Well I spent the spare days I had over the winter off school swapping a V8 into my Ranger, alot of money later and alot of time later...I get it running...drove it maybe 5kms in total (working out bugs)...and now the tranny is effed. Tried to fix it... nope. Ask the experts...and she is likely...
  4. Dweano

4R70W Problems

Hey guys. I am in the testing phase of my V8 swap. I was driving it around, wouldn't shift into 4th (I think). It would just slow down hard (like you shifted into first) around 80km/h, but if I pressed the O/D off button it would be normal again because it would shift into what I assumed was...
  5. Dweano

3rd Gen V8 Swaps W/ 4406 Chime In Here

Hey guys, I am just trying to collect some information. My truck has a V8 and 4R70W in it from a 96 Explorer. It also has the stock D35 TTB and Ford 8.8. My ultimate dream is to swap in a 4406 (a real transfer case as opposed to the AWD one I am going to use for now) and find driveshafts from...
  6. Dweano

Can I swap in U-joint style steering?

Hey guys. I have never been happy with my steering. I have stonecrusher steering which I have been blaming for some slop and wandering on the road. But I think my rag joint setup is not helping either. I hear some people swap in u-joint style steering shafts. Which basically makes it more tight...
  7. Dweano

Newb Question

Hey guys. I am doing some research and I have a dumb question...do the Dana 35 IFS and Dana 35 TTB have the same driveshaft "connection"...could one swap a driveshaft from a 96 Ranger to a 98 Ranger and vice versa? Different lengths? Different connectors (yoke, or what not, I am not sure how...
  8. Dweano

What all little things do I need for a V8 swap?

Hey guys, I am gearing up to do a V8 swap. But I am pretty burdened down with school so I wanna make sure I have all the parts ready before I get started. (Also it is a 70km round trip to the place I can hopefully work at) Anyways. Based off of this thread...
  9. Dweano

Questions concerning wires and wiring and harnesses and thingamabob's for V8 Swap

Hey guys. I am going to swap a V8 into my truck hopefully, and I have so many questions already. I did start a preemptive build thread but instead of littering it with more questions that progress and answers, I figure I would put it here instead. I took some pics so maybe you guys know how to...
  10. Dweano

Dweano's V8 Project Attempt

Hey guys. I have been ignoring my Ranger for the past while (crap tranny's making me park it, swap another crap tranny in, park it). Anyways. Now I recently did something rash....I bought a 96 Explorer with a V8 and 166k KM's (100k miles) so now I am going to attempt to swap it into my truck and...
  11. Dweano

To swap or not to swap? Questions and Questions

Hey guys. I haven't posted here on awhile, because I haven't been driving the ol ranger for awhile. Because it is gutless and has a crappy 5R55E tranny. All of a sudden a potential solution has come about. Someone is selling a 96 Explorer with a V8 that was in a front end collision. Powertrain...
  12. Dweano

Sloppy Steering! Help Please

Hey guys. For the past long while I have had steering problems. First off. I do have a Stone crusher steering system with a rough country drop arm (Six in lift so I needed something other than stock) Symptoms: Whats to wander all over the road, I always seem to need to make corrections. Can't...
  13. Dweano

Transmission Problems. Help!

Hey guys. I pooched up my transmission (4r55e) and replaced it with a tranny and torque converter from a 99 explorer (I believe 5r55e). Everything bolted up and stuff and I had to swap the shifting...module? The thing on the side that the shifting cable thing attaches to. It drives (better...
  14. Dweano

4.0L OHV Valve Cover Bolt Problems!!

Hey guys. I have been doing some major work on my truck (head gaskets, intake gaskets, etc.) Anyways yesterday I went to put the valve covers back on and everything is fine except the one bolt (drivers side bottom right (when looking at the truck from the front, so the bolt closest to the...
  15. Dweano

Dweano's Transmission Extravaganza and Questions

Hey guys. Here is some facts about my truck: 1996 4.0L 4x4 Electric Shift had a 4r55e...which I blew after 180,000 kms (some were with 33's and 3.73's...which was not good, it now has 4,56s) I recently bought a transmission which I want to swap in ...it is either a 4R55E or a 5R55E...it came...
  16. Dweano

What is behind the ridge on the back of extended cabs?

Hey, I am just wondering what the purpose for the ridge in the back of the extended cabs is for and if it can be taken out for more room?
  17. Dweano

Dweano is Back! (with questions)

Hey guys...you probably didn't notice I was gone but...I am back Haha. I haven't been on Ranger Station for probably about a year because I blew the tranny in my Ranger and now my truck is just an expensive lawn ornament. But I have found a lead on a tranny/transfer case/torque converter...
  18. Dweano

Major Transmission Problems, Multiple Questions

Hey guys. Haven't been on here awhile (gotten into another expensive hobby....firearms). Anyways here is the stats to start: 1996 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4 4.0L Auto Tranny (4R55E right?) Electric Shift Transfer Case 190,000kms The story: Back...two years ago maybe. When I was just a kid (still...
  19. Dweano

For Canadians regarding Bill C-19

I am a Canadian Gun Enthusiast ... only thing I can contribute is that FMJ and surplus is non restricted and readily available in Canada
  20. Dweano

Bugging Out / Survival

Lights Out is a good book as well. I read alot about this stuff...but I am too poor to prepare anything. Its more of a hobby to be interested in this stuff...until I get older and richer. Haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad