• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Quasi242

DBR/Giant 64 Ranger to Explorer

Since the prerunner section does not get much traffic, I will periodically add updates to this thread. For a more complete write-up please see my build thread in the prerunner section. Quick facts: 1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 4.0 SOHC 199,200 miles on original motor and transmission Replacing...
  2. Quasi242

DBR/Giant 64 Ranger to Explorer

It starts again! Here is a picture of my truck pre October 2010: Specs: 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4. 3.0 V6 Dixon Brothers Racing (DBR) LT Kit 8" King Remote Reservoir Coil Overs 2"X2.5" King Hydraulic Bump Stops Heim Steering Giant 64 Long Travel Leaf Spring Kit ADS 16" Triple Bypass Shocks Ford...
  3. Quasi242

Rocky Road Rock Sliders

A few years back I went to Utah to have a set of Rock Sliders mocked up for my truck. Anyway I just visited the web site of the company that used my truck as a prototype and noticed that they are now marketing those sliders to the general public. I have been very happy with mine. If you are...
  4. Quasi242

Quasi242's show off thread

I was recently nominated for Offroad Truck of the Month (thanks C-Note). Since most of my pictures are hiding in the prerunner forum, I thought that I would post up some specs and photos in the "Show Off" thread. Stats: 2000 4X4 "Offroad" 3.0 L V6 Stepside (Replaced) RCD 5" Lift (Replaced)...
  5. Quasi242

Ford F150 9.75 installed on a 2000 Ranger

For anyone looking for an upgrade to the more common Explorer 8.8 swap, here is another option. The F150 9.75 axle is approximately 7" wider than stock (the Explorer 8.8 is approximately 3" wider than stock). Dimensions use a 2000, 28-spline, Ranger 8.8 axle as reference. The F150 9.75 axle...
  6. Quasi242

Removing frame rivets?

For those of you who have flipped your shackle hangers, what is the secret to removing the rivets? I have spent a few hours grinding the heads off one side. I thought that with the head removed, I would be able to drive them out with a 5# sledge. Unfortunately they will not budge. I would...
  7. Quasi242

Quality/Strength of MB Wheels

I am looking to purchase a new set of wheels for my prerunner project. I need to run a 17" rim to clear the 13" disk brakes that are stock on the Ford 9.75 axle that I will be installing. I was recently in my local Discount Tire and saw that they had their house brand "MB Wheels" on promotion...
  8. Quasi242

Options for front hub swap on 2000 4X4

I will be installing a Ford 9.75 in the back of my Ranger, and was wondering if it is possible to swap a pre-2003 Expedition/F150 hub into the Ranger steering knuckle to allow me to run 5 on 135 stud spacing with out adding wheel spacers. From an internet search, it appears that the pre 2003...
  9. Quasi242

'78 F150 9" in a Ranger?

First of all, this is a cross post from the non ranger axle forum. I just figured that those of you in the prerunner forum might be able to help as well. I am looking a buying a 1978 f150 9" to use on my 2000 Ranger prerunner build. After my research I am a bit confused about the dimensions...
  10. Quasi242

'78 F150 9"

I am looking a buying a 1978 f150 9" to use on my 2000 Ranger prerunner build. After my research I am a bit confused about the dimensions. The '73-'90 F150 axles are reported to measure 58.75" housing flange to flange. The '78 F150 supposedly had a track width of 79.3". I have not found a...
  11. Quasi242

Picture diary of a 4X4 RCD to Dixon Brothers LT Conversion

Let's begin the transformation from Drop Kit lift to functional duel purpose rig! Still plenty of work to be done. Fiberwerx 6" flaired fenders should be added this weekend. Not...
  12. Quasi242

35" tires w/o a lift.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to run 35" tires on a stock 2000 4X4 offroad Ranger without installing a lift? I was thinking about running flaired fenders up front to improve clearance. I would not be against a torsion bar level and/or 2" shackles in the rear if that would make the...
  13. Quasi242

35" Tires with a 2000 3.0 L Engine

With a 5.+ regear will the 3.0L OHV handle 35" tires without a great loss in power? I use the truck as a dd so I need to have the engine perform at freeway speeds.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad