• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Andres629

Back in the Game

Well, for those of you that remember my BII, well, unfortunately I had to give up halfway to completion. So, I'm tired of not wheeling, so I got me a Ranger. It's a 94 ext. cab, 4.0, M5OD/manual 1354. It's purple.:thefinger: Long story short, I traded a bunch of things, and eventually turned...
  2. Andres629

Helping out a friend, help him out too!

Hey guys and gals, my buddy Dylan joined a contest for "Kelowna's Toughest Truck" on facebook. He needs some more votes to help him win it, so if you could all please click the link below and like the picture, that would be awesome! I would appreciate it,and I know Dylan sure would too! Thanks...
  3. Andres629

Info on choosing correct torque converter?

Well... I have a few questions for you auto guys. I'm swapping a C4 behind my 4.0 to replace the M5OD. I already have C5 bellhousing, trans. and adapter to 135x case. I have two bellhousings around to choose from; one factory 2.8L BII tc, and the other is for a 5.0. This is going into a crawler...
  4. Andres629

Ford 9" and Sterling questions.

I'm going to be rocking a locked 9" on 37's, and then 39.5's. It depends on what front axle you're going with though. If you're going with something 8 lug, go with a 14b. Everything is cheaper for the 14b than a 60, lockers, gears, etc. A Sterling is great though too, but sometimes hard to come...
  5. Andres629

D35 Cut 'n' Turn time, looking for some pictures

Heyyyyyyy guys. Doing up a temporary wheeler 'til my BII is done, and I reeeeeally want to do a cut and turn. I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing, but I have a few questions for anyone who's done this. First question, I would like to try and utilize stock shafts as I have about 89374 of...
  6. Andres629

Red Sled Redemption

For those of you who remember Red Sled from WAYYYY back in the day, well, she's getting a second chance at life.:icon_surprised: Since my BII is taking me way too long and I wanna wheel, I thought it necessary to have something to wheel until it's done. Naturally, my good ol' 92 was the choice...
  7. Andres629

Timing a 2.3... or something.

Okay, well nothing but problems with the 2.3... It's a 91 2.3 that just had the ICM, plugs/wires and coil pack done. And after all that, the timing belt went! I got the new belt on and what appears to be timed correctly (10* BTDC) but it still won't start. I didn't have to remove the crank...
  8. Andres629

my dana 44 hp swap(pics)

Quick question... still using the factory brake master? What's your braking power like?
  9. Andres629

Any ideas on Disc brake conversion?

On an 8.8? But not just any 8.8... a full-width 8.8, oh yeah! I want to try and make it a mostly factory swap so that I don't have to surf the information super-highway to get parts when something breaks... So far, I've got it narrowed down to an Explorer setup (allows me to run 15" rims) with a...
  10. Andres629

Yeah KOH vid!

It's been posted in other forums I'm on, but not here. Check this out! Note the Ranger lights on rig 212! :headbang: Loren Healy's on-board starts at 7:30, keep watching for the contact at 9:19 and his wicked pass at 9:30. One of the coolest passes I've seen! NWcuGt5iefg&feature=related
  11. Andres629

What to look for/do when putting Expo front driveshaft on rear of BII

Please reply if any part of this is confusing... I don't have any lengths for any of this stuff, I just know how much shorter/longer each part is. I have done my best to make this as easy to understand as possible, but I'm not always the best at describing crap. Haha! I am definitely open to...
  12. Andres629

got a ford 9 inch question

It will have a High Pinion 44 up front. If you weld it right, it will be as strong as any spool.
  13. Andres629

8.8 carrier question

I have a lunchbox locker to go into my 8.8 (31 spline l/s) so I need to change the carrier for an open one. I have a parts Expo, but it has 3.27's in it. Question is, do I need to have a 3.55+ carrier to work with my 4.56's, or is there no difference between the 8.8 carriers? Thanks guys!
  14. Andres629

my dana 44 hp swap(pics)

Wooooooow, so clean. At least for a couple days everything will look nice. Haha.
  15. Andres629

Andres629's BII transformation!

From this: To this: To this!
  16. Andres629

stock components with D30 on 94 ranger

Ahh yeah, I know the feeling. Kept breaking axle shaft and rear driveshafts in the BII and said enough, so I was driving around in front wheel drive for the longest time 'til I got my 8.8 and 35 built. No wheeling. =[
  17. Andres629

stock components with D30 on 94 ranger

Boggin, I hate to dash your dreams here, but buddy if you're planning on possibly doing a D44 in t hat thing down the road, why not save your money now and keep the D28/35 in your truck now and build it proper in a bit? I know, you want to do stuff NOW, I had the same thing with the BII build...
  18. Andres629

92 Expo won't start... Suggestions?

alright, so I've checked the stupid stuff first, airbox, plug wire ends, its getting fuel at the rail, don't have a fuel pressure tester though. I just pushed the schraeder valve and fuel sprayed out after cycling the key. I can smell fuel when I crank it over. I've pretty much narrowed itdown...
  19. Andres629

Best pinion angle for 4" lift BII?

Hey, anyone out there who swapped an Expo axle into their BII, what is the best pinion angle to run? I need to get mine done asap, but since its a DD I have to do it out of the vehicle. Will only be lifted 4". Thanks all!
  20. Andres629

Another D30 build. Opinions welcome

Well, if you're looking for lift leaves, I know Trail Gear makes some really good ones for lighter trucks, and at a very good price as well. I can't really comment on steering parts but I would assume you'll be needing to build a track bar and a drag link, and you should be able to keep the tie rod.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad