• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger Rod

air bag disconnect

Ok, popped the panel off the passenger side dash and found an empty cavity above the glove box, therefore this relic has but one airbag in the steering wheel, probably a prelude to the new era.
  2. Ranger Rod

air bag disconnect

Did not realize there were air bags until I replaced the wind shield last week and noticed an inscription with the vin tag saying air bags.
  3. Ranger Rod

air bag disconnect

just in case I need to put a kid in the seat I need to be sure it will not inflate.
  4. Ranger Rod

air bag disconnect

not sure what category this falls under.... anyway I wish to learn how to disconnect the passenger side air bag on 1995 Ranger 3.3l 2 wheel drive? Thanks
  5. Ranger Rod

tail stock seal

Had a vapour lock due to plugged vent, after resolving that I was able to bring the fluid level up to proper level. Although it was not driven a great deal with the condition, and having dropped the drive shaft for u joint inspection and lube, now there is a touch of leakage from the tailstock...
  6. Ranger Rod

ABS senor location?

Betting someone can describe the part and point me to where I find the ABS sensor please and thanks? Some one told me a while back there was a bearing in the master cylinder that can stick cause ABS light to stay on or something to that effect which is what I am addressing.
  7. Ranger Rod

fluid back flow

It began randomly rather than every time driven, but now every time shut down she spews a full sized puddle unless VERY low (low enough for slipping)the result of this condition. It seems I am unable to get a reading on the stick with the motor running which is how I was taught unless this rule...
  8. Ranger Rod

Reserecting Her

She has a few issues but first thing first. When she was my daily driver there was a time when it would click and click by turning the key over and over until when eventually it would crank and start,,, replaced the starter and was fine for quite some time but same thing came back just before...
  9. Ranger Rod

3.3 auto

This baby appears to have some kind of vapour lock going on, after warming up and then shutting down, tranny fluid is being forced up and out of the filler tube, how bizzar, any thoughts out there? Thanks
  10. Ranger Rod

3L vs 4L parts

She is a 95 with a 3 liter auto needing a few transplants. I picked up a beater to tear down for parts which has a 4 liter and a stick. I'm not inclined to put the still strong 4 liter in being the 3 has low mileage on the rebuild and auto trans, but would the 4 slide in with minimal...
  11. Ranger Rod

ABS idiot lights

Being old school I like to pump em when and if I need to, however, the wife thinks this is not good lol. What is on are the "ABS" light and the shoes in a drum picture. Shoes, rotors, pads and sliders are all new in the spring so this must be an electrical issue I gather. Any ideas where to...
  12. Ranger Rod

Timing chain???

In the old days we could rotate the distributor enough to find out if the timing chain were gone. I confess having no idea how to determine if this is my problem. She seemed to run fine to me until one morning it was a rough idle, gave it a shot of fuel and was good to drive across the yard and...
  13. Ranger Rod

name that part please

It is about 3x2x.5 inches made of black molded plastic. Has a 3 prong electronic type plug-in, 2 airway standoffs for airlines one of which goes to the exaust manifold and is mounted with 2 screews through the casing onto a bracket ajacent to the throtle linkage. If memory serves I had to...
  14. Ranger Rod

General Windshiel Inquiry

I am about to change out the windshield on the 95 Ranger. I have noted on my search for a replacement glass that nearly all the trucks for sale have uncommonly broken glass and my question is, does any one know what the DESIGN flaw is for this so that I can take precaustions during the install...
  15. Ranger Rod

Windshield General Inquiry

I am about to change out the windshield on the 95 Ranger. I have noted on my search for a replacement glass that nearly all the trucks for sale have broken glass and my question is, does any one know the cause for this so that I can take precaustions during the install so that I am not looking...
  16. Ranger Rod

Y pipe rot

I'm back,,, been a couple years since I completed the rebuild with the help of the folks here and she is still running strong! I have however needed to replace exhaust components on the 1995 3.0 litre. Once coming to the Y pipe and cat connection it has been discovered there is much more rot...
  17. Ranger Rod

95 3.0 ranger transmission compatibility

thread carry over from 3.0 short block compatability Today... Got the fargin thing out, the other cross member mounting bolt slid out without any incident so wangled out that side instead, and the electrical plug believe it or not fell off in my hand when I touched it, go figure! (when made...
  18. Ranger Rod

power steering pump

OK, whats the trick??? Three bolts secure the unit into the mounting bracket, thing is to back out the said bolts the pulley must come off. The center Allen bolt for the pulley will not budge even with pipe wrench on the outer ring surrounding the Allen bolt (maybe the outer ring and bolt are...
  19. Ranger Rod

1994 vs 1995 3.0 short block compatability

thread and topic carry over from mystery metal Howdy Folks... Well the block is in fact a tosser as follows... The cam shaft upon inspection by professional has proven to be worn beyond polishing and the seats too although "possibly" usable it is doubtful. After inspecting a rod bearing I...
  20. Ranger Rod

Lifters

Lifters are not freely compressing by hand, should they, or only if and when void of oil? Below is a hot-link to a pic from the thread attached to this post, to explain what I mean by depressed. When taken apart and reassembled without oil in the lifter compartment one can compress the plunger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad