• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 01 Edge 4x4 not working

Hey guys. Got another problem with my truck. Truck is a 2001 Edge 4x4 4.0l auto. It just snowed up here and when I went to use the 4 wheel drive nothing happened. No lights on the dash indicating it had shifted and a puckering at every turn on the way to work this morning. After work I got under...
  2. 5.0: H.O. vs Lopo

Besides the firing order whats different? What kind of ponies should it have?
  3. Best manual tranny transfer combo

Ok my V8 swap has begun. Its only a stock carbed motor. I was going to go to the junkyard and pull a tranny soon and Im thinking I wanna go for a M5OD. I have experience with those transmissions but I also wonder if there are better options out there than that. In my area T18s and 19s are...
  4. hmmmmm

How can i tell if my 5.0 is a MAF motor or Speed density. I got a 5.0 from a buddy of mine and I cant tell. He doesnt remember what year of car it came from but he remembers it was from a Wagon. I cant remember if its even an HO motor or not. I was also looking at Painless wiring harnesses so...
  5. A status Update on my AR

A status update on my AR project. I decided to make this a XM177E1/Commando clone. So Vietnam tribute basically. Im finally happy with it. I traded my factory Bushmaster M4A3 HBAR upper for a complete early 70s Colt Commando upper. Sadly its still mounted on a not era correct A2 style lower with...
  6. wont start

92 with a 2.9 5 speed. I turn the key over and it clicks like a bad connection. I cleaned the connection and it turns out the battery is bad so I replaced it and its still doing it. Tried jumping across the solenoid and nothing happens apart from a single click. The wire going to the starter is...
  7. fuel delivery issue

First problem with this truck in 5 years just to brag but Im having a first problem. Its a 92 4 cylinder and When I turn the key to the on position The fuel pump turns on as to prime the system but stays on. The truck will sputter but not start. Im thinking its the fuel pump relay but I was...
  8. Have you ever noticed?

Have you noticed that most old Ranger interiors smell the same. I was at the junkyard the other day and I noticed they all smelled the same not just that but my current old ranger does and so do the ones Ive had in the past.Well except for one cause of the previous owners menthol habit.
  9. What tranny are you guys using

Im about to start a 302 swap and the last time my buddy tried it he used a Mazda (M5OD) from a 90s F150 and ended up breaking the tranny trying to put it in. He said it wouldnt fit. Im a fan of manual transmissions and would like to use one can anybody shed some light into this? The motor thats...
  10. Is my sohc dying?

130k starting to have noise at all RPMs. Sounds like she wants to be a diesel or a ratchet going the wrong way. Happens at all RPMs and theres a load slapping noise on top of that is that the death rattle Ive heard about?
  11. Need 4d55 stuff

swapping a 2.3l Mitsubishi turbo diesel from a 86 ranger into my 92 I have everything except the cab wiring harness. Im gona cut up my 2.9 harness but I was wondering if anyone has wiring diagrams for these 4d55s So Im not completely lost
  12. Anyone good with Nissans?

I got a friends (drift star fast and furious )89 Nissan 240sx taking up space in my driveway. The motor is blown and he wont scrap it cause he thinks its gold where as I think its a rusted out junk datsun, But I digest cause I love my old truck. We got another motor that he says is supposedly...
  13. Good or Bad Idea

The 2.9 in my 92 is about toast. I can get a 2.3l 4D55t from a 86 Ranger with less than 100k (It is true) and ran great when pulled. My 92 is a Regular cab shortbed 4x4 with 4.10s 6 inch lift and will be running 33s or 35s. Yall think this motor would be fine in it. Will it do everything a 2.9...
  14. I got me a newer Ranger finally

I got me another Ranger. So add to the list ive had an 83, 87, 2 92s, and a 88 Bronco II not counting parts and trucks for selling just counting ones titled to me. Lately Ive tried my luck with full sizes and I dont care much for them. So I got a 2001 Edge supercab 4x4. Its my first automatic...
  15. stalls shifting into park

I just got a 01 edge 4x4 yesterday everything was cherry till now. Now it stalls going into park and makes a whistle sound sometimes and idles fairly rough and at 500 rpm. This is my first 4.0 otherwise ive had 2.9s and 2.3s lol so im a bit new to them. I wanna say its the IAC but it hasnt...
  16. 2.9 is dying but I have this other motor lol

My 2.9 is goin out, but I have 2 options im pondering. 1st Im gonna tell you my situation. I need a vehicle that can reliably do 70ish mph for 150 miles straight. My ranger and my F250 wont cut it. So I have been thinking of a car :icon_surprised: more than likely a Lincoln Mark VII LSC for some...
  17. Powerstroke vs IDI transmission question

My 1990 has a ZF 5speed in it and I was wondering something hypothetically. Lets say I found a good ZF 6 speed for a 7.3 PS would it mount up fine to my 7.3 IDI? Is anything Different
  18. thoughts for a diesel swap

My friend is picking up a 86 turbo diesel ranger and we wanna swap it into something cause the old truck is done for. Would it be worth putting it into 2nd gen 4x4 ranger say with 4.10s or would it be better in a 98 2wd with 3.73s . . . . .anybody with a diesel Ranger please chime in on proper...
  19. 1990 F250 mileage

I got a 90 F250 7.3l IDI non turbo its a regular cab long bed 4x4 with 4.10s and a zf 5 speed what kinda mileage should I expect provided the IP isnt turned up and everything works as it should lol
  20. planning a body swap

I picked up a 1990 F250 4x4 and the body is rotted out past being runnable. Its a good running diesel yet and I was thinking about swapping the complete body from a 93 - 97 truck doghouse bed and all. am I going to run into any issues doing this and I figure Im not gonna find any decent diesel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad