• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Flaky Oil Pressure

1999 Ranger XLT 3.0L 5spd I can't seem to locate info on the flaky oil pressure sender. For the last year or so my oil pressure gauge will read nothing and the indicator light will pop on. After a few minutes of the engine running the oil gauge will go up and down, and up and down, then it will...
  2. What is the best brand for side step bars?

Im looking to get some side step bars. I'm curious what is a good quality brand to get? I see alot from NERF, if thats even a brand... Thanks in advance
  3. Multiple Transfer Case Codes...need new electric shift transfer case?

So I had my cousin (owns his own shop) pull codes from my transfer case. It has been having intermitent problems of going into 4wd on its own, lights flashing when turning key on once in a while..etc Here are the codes pulled: P1832 Transmission transfer case differential lock-up solenoid...
  4. What kind of truck? I want 4wd, 4doors, auto...

I'm looking to trade in my 99 3.slow 5spd 4wd ext cab xlt with 173k miles(hopefully they will take it as trade...) in for something '03 or newer. I would prefer a Ford, but I want to get something I can be happy with for years to come and if that comes as another make thats fine. I go hunting a...
  5. Convert from electric 4x4 to manual hubs

So I am sick of my 4wheel drive electric motor shifter issues. Randomly the truck goes into 4 wheel drive without putting the switch in 4h or 4lo. I have to turn the switch to 4h and then back to 2wheel to get it to pop out of 4wheel drive. I've heard that you can put manual hubs on to replace...
  6. wont roll in neutral...bound 4x4?

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 5spd 4x4 So since I bought the truck a year ago it intermitently has been going into 4h on its own. It takes me turning the electric shifter to 4h then back to 2wheel to get it to pop out of 4h. Why it goes into 4h randomly on its own? I don't know, dang electric 4x4...
  7. 81 bronco 300 straight 6, front 3 not firing??

So lately my dads 81 bronco hasn't been running like it should, he had cams redone i think 6 months ago and he said it ran great, but now, When we pull the wires off numbers 1,2,3 there is no change to the motor at all. new plugs, wire, cap, rotor... not sure what could be causing this? seems to...
  8. 4x4 engages, on its own,..

1999 ranger xlt 4x4 3.0 5spd fyi So Off and on the 4x4 lights flash 6 times meaning somethings wrong, and the 4x4 dont work. Ill go start the truck up a couple hours later and they dont flash, and 4x4 works fine...I jacked it up and made sure wheels were spinning to know for sure. I was...
  9. 4x4 just stopped working

99 ranger xlt 4x4 5 speed v6 3.0L Ive never actually used it out driving around but it was working before. I get the flashing 4wd lights 6 times every 2 minutes now. I checked the fuses, I dont know what ones to check, but I checked them all, they are fine. No manual with my truck so I dont...
  10. ignition timing while driving question

I was checking out my scanner that has live data today while driving around. I noticed the ignition timing would fluctuate alot depending on throttle. Cruising, steady foot on pedal, 2800 rpms it would be at 38* foot off pedal from cruising/accelerating 13* accelertaing was multiple...
  11. 4wd lo not working

So I was driving around today and was about on my way home from my last stop, and the 4wd lights flashed 6 times. I got home, I pulled all the fuses and put back, did not change anything, also pulled all relays and put back, no changes. I started the truck up and the 4wd stopped flashing. So I...
  12. 4wd hi and 4wd lo lights flash

So I dont have an owners manual so dont know what fuses to check, or what relays because idiots at ford assigned them numbers physically on the car and you need the manual to figure out whats what, instead of just labeling everything. Can anyone tell me what relay is responsible for the 4wd so I...
  13. safe to run upper intake plenum through dishwasher?

I heard of someone running their upper intake plenum through the dishwasher to clean it and it worked really good. I was just curious if you can actually do that?
  14. I want e-fan...costs? labor? can I do it?

Well Ive been noticing the fan kind of being weird, well to me, Ive never had a radiator fan connected to the motor. All my vehicles have had radiator fans that electrically work and kick on at certain temps. This fan is always on, and sometimes it spins alot faster than normal. Heres a post I...
  15. radiator fan questions

Ok so when I start my 99 ranger, the radiator fan usually is spinning very fast for some reason, and is loud because of all the air its moving. It usually goes away within a minute. Well today I noticed it had come on when I first drove it, but later in the day, more than a few hours later. I...
  16. coolant hoses with the black plastic T ??

So this is my first ford. and I have a coolant hose thats leaking. ive never seen hose designs like this. I have a return set, and an outgoing set. two 5/8" hose going to the firewall into the cab (one is going one is return) and halfway to the firewall they both have a black "T" that branches...
  17. products to help compression?

Im curious if theres any products that actually work to help restore compression. I just want to bandaid my low compression in 2 cylinders for now until I can replace the motor this summer. Was going to throw some lucas oil stabilizer in the oil and give that a shot.
  18. bouncing timing...is scanner just innacurate?

So I hooked up my new obd II scanner I got that also reads live data. I noticed when I first fired it up the timing was at 26* plus or minus 1. As it warmed up it dropped down to 17* and would bounce anywhere from 12* to22*. If I would rev it the timing would bounce to 26* and showed 30* a...
  19. bouncing timing...

So I hooked up my new obd II scanner I got that also reads live data. I noticed when I first fired it up the timing was at 26* plus or minus 1. As it warmed up it dropped down to 17* and would bounce anywhere from 12* to22*. If I would rev it the timing would bounce to 26* and showed 30* a...
  20. 08 snug top canopy ford ranger, fit 99?

I found a canopy on craigslist thats the same color of my truck, finally. But its for an 08 Ford Ranger, looks like it would fit. Curious if anyone knows for sure, of if you can tell me how I can find out. I have a 99 Ranger XLT 4x4 ext cab. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad