• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. austinrick

Searching for dash vent register

Greetings. Do any of you have a line on a gray passenger side dash vent to fit my 1993 Ranger XLT? I think I've narrowed the p/n to F3TZ-19893-E, but the suffix there is the question. Parts sites point to a -E. Suggestions appreciated; pic attached
  2. austinrick

Wet carpet, passenger side

When it rains pretty hard, I find water soaking the passenger side carpet. I can't see a trickle or source, but I also have the occasional leaf or two make their way through and onto that carpet. Can't see much up under the dash; is this something I can get to and fix? '93 XLT 3.0L auto w/a.c...
  3. austinrick

New t-stat, new gauge reading

Since I bought my '93 XLT 3.0L in 1998, with 120,000 miles (now 360,000 miles), I have run 180˚ t-stats (first went in in 1998, the second c.2008). Normal reading on the gauge has always been needle at or just above the small tick mark above C (iow, basically cold). Today I installed a...
  4. austinrick

T-stat hsg bolt anti-sieze

I'll be changing out the t-stat on my '93 XLT 3.0L soon and wonder if there are opinions on using a dab of Anti-Sieze on the housing bolt threads. The bolts were supposedly replaced around 10-12 years ago and I always worry about breaking one backing them out after so long. If they come out...
  5. austinrick

'93 XLT static current draw

I had a detailer clean 360,000 miles of grime off the 3.0L engine of my Ranger last week, knowing there is some risk in that. When he was through she would not start, but after drying out the inside of the distributor cap she started and has run like normal. She sat for 2-3 days over last...
  6. austinrick

Remy rebuilt starter on 3.0L

I put a Delco rebuilt starter on my '93 Ranger w/3.0L (or had it put on due to one bolt I could not deal with—your know the one) in late 2005. It has held up the way I would expect a Delco product to hold up. It's beginning to slow down these days, working harder to turn. I checked battery...
  7. austinrick

Headliner removal '93 XLT - need advice

I need to get the headliner out of my '93 ext-cab and see a problem before I even start. Getting most of the trim pieces out is obviously a matter of removing screws and christmas tree retainers, but behind the driver/passgr seats are trim panels that reach from floor to ceiling, and include...
  8. austinrick

Rear bolts holding driver seat

I need to get the driver seat out of my '93 XLT. The front two bolt heads holding it in are plain to see; the rear bolts are covered with various plastic trim and guards. Just where are those two bolts and what will I need to get to them? What about that piece of channel connected to the seat...
  9. austinrick

WTB '93 XLT LH Door Trim Panel, Grey?

It's time to replace the door trim panel on my '93 Ranger XLT driver side door. Does anyone knows a source for a complete replacement, including the course fabric type armrest at the top. Interior is grey - so is the panel assy except for the black trim around the door opener handle. Gotta be...
  10. austinrick

'93 Ranger a/c/ leaks thru floor vent

Just had my a/c replaced after five Texas summers without it! Man, what a pleasure! Well, I have discovered that, though the blower motor is blowing fine, it seems a little weak through the dash vents. When I reached down to the floor vent where heat comes out in cold weather, I feel too much...
  11. austinrick

Aftermkt lenses for '93 Ranger vs. std bulbs

I bought a pair of aftermarket lenses on eBay a couple of years ago (I don't see them listed on eBay today). They included new bulbs, fit great, look great, no problem.... Until one of the bulbs burned out, then I found that my extra Sylvania bulb does not fit in the lens housing. I made do...
  12. austinrick

'93 2WD plastic hubcaps

Hey folks, Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, reliable source (probably online) to purchase a set of the small hubcaps used on the aluminum wheels of my model Ranger? The chrome is flaking off mine and looking pretty shoddy. Suggestions appreciated! Thanks, people!
  13. austinrick

Wiper Linkage Lube

Don't know where else to post this topic. My '93 Ranger windshield wiper linkage is beginning to squeak when I run the wipers. The Haynes book doesn't deal with how to lube the moving parts. Does anyone have advise for this? That area looks inaccessible. thx!
  14. austinrick

1993 3.0L Hard start / t-stat

New member here. My '93 Ranger 3.0L with 300,000 mls is becoming hard to start (cold, especially). I've put new fuel filter on the list to replace, wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. This engine does not get much maintenance except oil & filter at 3K mls religiously, and the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad