• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A/C compressor question

Hi all! My ac compressor runs whenever I turn on my blower motor regardless if its heat or ac. Is this normal? I thought it was only upposed to come on during AC operation or defrosting operation.
  2. Head Gasket Question

Whats up guys! Been a while. Does anyone know of a gasket company that makes a thicker or better head gasket than felpro? Does thickness even make a difference? This is the second time my head gasket has blown in the same spot and same cylinder. Thanks Guys
  3. oil for long trip?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you where gonna go on a long trip, say 2,000 miles, would you change your oil from the standard recomended 5w30 to something heavier like 10w30 or 10w40? Will the 5w30 get too thin on a long drive especially...
  4. oil for a long trip?

If you where gonna go on a long trip, say 2,000 miles, would you change your oil from the standard recomended 5w30 to something heavier like 10w30 or 10w40? Will the 5w30 get too thin on a long drive especially during the summer in a high mile engine?
  5. P1309 code?

P1309? What does that code mean? Thats the only one I get.
  6. This ? is for the Ford Techs

On a 99 ranger, after reseting the ecm by disconnecting the neg terminal on the battery does the ecm's misfire detection monitor have to relearn cam and crank perameters by doing the 60-40mph decleration procedure in order the be enabled?
  7. Need help with this one

From what I understand is 99 and 2000 3.0l engines had different valves and springs. This I know for sure. Ford also lists a different part number for the rockers. Question is, can I use my older cylinder head rocker arms on a newer F6DE-GC head? The push rods, fulcrums and bolts are all the...
  8. Post 7/27/99 3.0L

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between the pre july 27 and post july 27 1999 3.0l engines? Is it only the valves and springs? The reason I ask is its not the original motor (damn syncro!) and I cant tell exactly what year my engine is. I have the GA head casting w/8mm valves in mine...
  9. engine casting

where is the engine casting number?
  10. AC Delco vs. Motorcraft

Whats everyones opinion on Motorcraft spark plugs? I'm a big fan of AC Delco (I know it's GM OE) and never had a problem with them. They are pretty expensive for this engine at 13-15 a piece! Does anyone know why?
  11. Is it difficult to get to?

How hard is it to change out the blend door actuator in 99 ranger?
  12. lower intake manifold

Does anyone know if you have to get the lower intake manifold resurfaced to mate up perfectly with machined heads?
  13. cylinder head gasket???????????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello all! I have a 99' Ranger 3.0 Flex Fuel and just recently rebuilt the whole cooling system do to leaks in the radiator and water pump. All was fine for about a month untill now. Now I'm getting overpressure in...
  14. 99' 3.0l F/F Cylinder Head????????????

Hello all! I have a 99' Ranger 3.0 Flex Fuel and just recently rebuilt the whole cooling system do to leaks in the radiator and water pump. All was fine for about a month untill now. Now I'm getting overpressure in the cooling system via bubbles in the overflow (already replaced to caps). To...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad