• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 Ranger Tranny not going in to gear when cold

Hello all. I've got a 99 Ranger 4.0L 4x4. From what I can tell, the transmission code on the build sheet on the door jamb is a 'D' which translates into a 5R55E. There no service lights being illuminated on the dash. Please correct me if I am wrong. However, I am not sure how I have a 5...
  2. Tranny not wanting to shift from R to D in morning

Tranny not wanting to shift from R to D after sitting for a while I've got a 99 4.0L 4x4 with auto trans. It's the 4 speed version. Truck has 113k on it. I bought it with 81k on it. Looked to be a pampered truck when I picked it up. I recently had a ton of maint work done by the dealer...
  3. Pic of EGR on 4.0L requested

could somebody PLEASE post of pic of what their EGR on a 4.0L looks like. According to the diagram, it is a big round thing on the driver's side. I need a new intake manifold, but from what I can tell, my truck doesn't have an EGR. Does the hose from the EGR enter the intake manifold on a...
  4. 4.0L Intake w/ or w/o EGR question

I am needing a new intake manifold. I see from Parts.com that you can order the intake w/ or w/o an EGR. My question, do all Rangers have EGR's? My assumption is that you either order w/o an EGR and re-use or existing, or order w/ so that you get a new one to replace the existing. Please...
  5. 4.0L Intake Manifold is Cracked

I have a 99 Ranger 4x4 with a 4.0L (110k). The plastic intake manifold has a small crack in it and is causing a vacuum leak. How hard is it to change this thing out? It didn't look too bad. I see where these manifolds can be bought with and without an EGR. If this truck has 110k and is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad