• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerFabWorks

Footwear of choice?

So I deliver water for a local company. 5 gallon jugs. So I regularly push a cart weighing 7-800 pounds around, many many times throughout the day. In my heaviest day I push about 3800 lbs of water around and do 23k steps. I’ve tried many different types of work sneakers. Work shoes. Etc. I...
  2. RangerFabWorks

Hats for big heads

So I drive for a living. And I tend to wear baseball caps. And apparently I have a head the size of a man hole cover. Because I’m always maxing the straps. Or they fit so tight they rub my scalp raw. So does anyone else struggle with a koolaid man sized head and have a recommendation for a hat...
  3. RangerFabWorks

Got to meet Derek from vice grip garage

If any of you guys watch vice grip garage. You know Derek. He’s on hot rod power tour. And ended up about 45 mins away from me. So took a drive down and got to meet him. Super chill. Very nice guy.
  4. RangerFabWorks

2.3L ('02-'11) 2.3 duratec replacement options

So I have a 07 ranger. 2.3 duratec. It has 232k on the clock. It smokes. The timing chain is bad. And it has a bearing knock in the morning. I’m looking into replacing the engine. In my parts. The ranger engines are stupid high in cost. But the focus counterparts are fairly cheap. Work a 2.0/2.3...
  5. RangerFabWorks

2.3L ('02-'11) 2007 ranger 2.3 p1633 code

So I recently picked up a 2007 ranger. 2.3 5 speed. I’ve been going over the truck. And I’ve discovered I’m getting a P1633 code “keep power alive voltage too low”. The pcm is seeing 14v at idle. I don’t have any blown fuses. All grounds are cleaned. Battery terminals and cables are replaced...
  6. RangerFabWorks

Flying for the first time since 2018

Im buying a 2007 ranger. And it’s 9 hours away. With gas prices on the rise. It made more sense to fly in. And drive home. Anyone else flying these days? I booked directly with AA so hopefully no cancellation.
  7. RangerFabWorks

94 ranger 4.0 losing power.

I’ll try to keep this short and sweet. On the 94 ranger 4.0 I got. I’m having an issue. It will run perfect cold. Idle. Rev out. After about 10 mins of running. It will lose power more and more. And start popping through the throttle body. Unless you put it to the wood. Then it wakes up. Also...
  8. RangerFabWorks

99+ m5r2 starter questions

Quick question. Im using the 99+ m5odr2 trans from a 4.2 f150 in my ranger. I have the clutch and flywheel from a 95 f150. what starter do I use? The one for the 99 f150. Or the one for the 95? Thanks.
  9. RangerFabWorks

Anyone hate speed density as much as I do?

So I picked up a 1991 f150 5.0 automatic. Long story short. 93k miles. Barely ever driven. Super clean truck. I did the usual. Plugs. Wires. Coil. Cap. Rotor. Air filter. Fuel filter. O2 sensor. And map sensor. Clean the throttle body and iac. And I replaced the entire exhaust. truck runs...
  10. RangerFabWorks

2000 ranger 3.0 manual swap

I have a 00 ranger. 3.0. The automatic has seen better days. Wanna swap a manual in. Local to me is a 03 Mazda b3000 with everything I’d need. I know the trans will work. But will the computer and trans harness work? I know I have pats. I can either swap everything over or have it tuned out. thanks
  11. RangerFabWorks

Finally. A permanent power steering whine fix!

I’ve had my share of fords over the year’s. Every single one has the horrible steering whine. Mercon v flushes. New pumps. Multiple bleed procedures. Never could seem to get the noise to go away. Ive seen in the tech articles about using a Saginaw pump to eliminate the noise. Problem is, those...
  12. RangerFabWorks

Wanted M5r1 for a 3.0 2wd

Anyone have a good m5r1 for a 00 ranger 2wd. With a 3.0? Somewhat close to. NY. will travel within reason. Will also need the clutch pedals. Driveshaft. And computer. Thanks.
  13. RangerFabWorks

Finally bought a new welder.

So I’ve been using my airco dipstick 160 for all my heavy welding. And a few years ago I bought a Hobart handler 140. Well I started to really dislike the Hobart. And it never burned hot enough for me. Plus I’ve always wanted to have a tig welder for doing precise welding. So I finally sold my...
  14. RangerFabWorks

Explorer oil pan question

Alright. Only asking cause I looked and haven’t found anything. can I use the oil pan from a 2000 explorer 5.0 in my 90 2wd. It’s a rear sump pan. Or do I need the fox body pan? Thanks.
  15. RangerFabWorks

What’s for dinner tonite!

I wouldn’t call myself a chef. But I do enjoy cooking and trying different recipes out. So let’s get this going. Post a picture of something new you tried to cook. And how it came out. I’ll get this started. Made general tso chicken from scratch. I followed a recipe from one of my favorite...
  16. RangerFabWorks

Anybody have experience with Mabbco engines?

I’m having a hell of a time with engines lately. And browsing the internet. I found a company called mabbco motors. There out of Tyler Texas. Seen a few videos on YouTube about there engines. I’m just looking to get a short block. Anyone have any experience with them? Or know where I can get a...
  17. RangerFabWorks

Free 4.0 ohv engine mounts and trans mount.

Bought brand new from rock auto. Sold the truck and forgot I had them. Pay the shipping and there yours. Purchased for a 96 explorer
  18. RangerFabWorks

Anybody else out of work due to the beer disease?

I’m out for atleast 2 weeks. Anybody else out? if you need me. I’ll be in the garage trying to get this damn ranger done.
  19. RangerFabWorks

Wanted WTB First gen gauge cluster.

Looking for a first gen gauge cluster. Doesn’t need to be in working condition. Let me know whatcha got
  20. RangerFabWorks

Thinking about upgrading my car trailer.

So currently I use a 1988 landscape trailer for towing. I don’t use it terribly much. But when I do. I find myself wanting a wider trailer. I’ve priced a few different car trailers. And so far I’m thinking a 18’ wood deck would suite my needs. I’m trying to keep to 2600 and under. I think I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad