• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tach/RPM question

Do you have a tach? Do you have a stock rear-end and stock tires with a 2.3? I'd be grateful to know your rpm's/speed in various gears. Also would like to know where redline is on a stock 2.3. Thanks.
  2. The Ranger Experiment

Hello, It's a beautifull day up here in Massachusetts and it time to start... "The Great Ranger Experiment"! We've asked the question time and time again: "How to get more out of my Ranger 2.3?" Well, I have decided to make it my mission to answer that. There are alot of ideas but, by no...
  3. Uh, oh. May have a problem.

I Was messing with the air intake on my 2.3, studying it, experimenting, when I noticed some whitish/brown juice in the throttle body. Seemed to be coming from the breather off the valve cover. My understanding is this could mean a bad head gasket or worse. The truck always runs/idles fine with...
  4. CFM question

Need some double-checking on the math for this question: How much air does a stock NA 2.3 intake at full throttle? I came up with @ 100cfm. Here's what I figured: 2300cc's / 4 (strokes/pistons) = 575cc's 575cc's = .02cf (cubic feet) .02cf * 5000 rpm (full throttle?) = 100cfm This calculation...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad