• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Flash Gordan

Ignition lock cylinder linkage?

Okay maybe this isn't a urgent problem because I am still able to drive my truck, but I went to go start it after work yesterday and the key turned the ignition on but then started turning without any resistance. I've traced the problem to the linkage between the lock cylinder and the ignition...
  2. Flash Gordan

Black Friday trail ride 2014?

I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since the last one. Anyone interested in heading out again this year?
  3. Flash Gordan

Trans America Trail in a RBV?

Just curious if anyone has run the Trans-America trail in a Ranger before. I've read on other sites that it is geared towards off-road bikes. And a few jeeps have done it. But I'm wondering if it can be done in a RBV. All input is welcome.
  4. Flash Gordan

4.0 oil pan questions

I was hoping that someone could answer a question for me. I pulled the oil pan off the engine I was just about to drop into my 89 ranger. I say just about because I'm not sure if I want to use this motor anymore. I found a lot of metal in the bottom and I can't figure out where it came from. I'm...
  5. Flash Gordan

Stock A/C compressor used for air compressor?

I'm a couple weeks away from dropping in my exploder 4.0 into my 89 ranger. The ranger doesn't have air conditioning but the engine has a compressor mounted on it and I want to construct an onboard air system. I have a couple questions: 1. Has anyone ever run a setup like this? I know there is...
  6. Flash Gordan

2" DOM tube?

Anybody know where I can find some? My local steel supplier, Fazzio Steel, doesn't carry anything bigger than 1.75". Could use some help please.
  7. Flash Gordan

Distributor in a 4.0?

I have been searching the tech library and haven't found the information I've been looking for. I pulled a 4.0 out of a 91' Explorer a couple years ago. And I'm about to swap my knocking 2.9 out of my 89' Ranger for the 4.0. I was looking at the block this afternoon and noticed that where the...
  8. Flash Gordan

The Horse with no name...

Looks like I'll be getting a new ride in a couple weeks. Just need to figure out what kind of name I should give it. It's a 89' extra cab 4x4 with a 2.9L and a 5sp. I'm totally stoked about it.
  9. Flash Gordan

Junkyard pitman arm questions...

I'm trying to find a dropped pitman arm to replace the straight arm on my steering gearbox so I can finally do the lift to the front of my truck. Does anyone know from which makes and models in the junkyards I would have to look at to find a dropped arm to fit? The tech library doesn't have...
  10. Flash Gordan

Two inch DOM tubing?

Anybody know where I can get 1.5 and 2 inch .250 thick DOM in the South Jersey, northern Delaware, or Philadelphia areas? My local steel supplier, Fazzio Steel, doesn't have 2". But they do have 1.5", but only .120 thick.
  11. Flash Gordan

Just another dana 30 sas...

A friend of mine junks cars for a living. He must be doing pretty good at it since he just bought himself a used rollback. But onto my story. He dropped off a free 98 Cherokee with a non-cad Dana 30 with 3.55 gears and rolling on 31's in my driveway! Told me that I could pull whatever I...
  12. Flash Gordan

Dana 28 questions

I was wondering if somebody with a dana 28 can measure the length of the ttb arms from the mounting point to the spring center. I was told a few things about the dana 28 that I think is bullshit. But I want to be sure of the info first before I call someone a idiot. Thanks.
  13. Flash Gordan

Clunking issues

My GF and I went over to her aunt's house tonight. And her aunt asked me what could possibly be causing a clunking noise in the front end of her 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So we wheel it around the driveway a couple times and I was almost willing to bet that the control arm bushings are going...
  14. Flash Gordan

Wiring diagrams needed

As you all might know, I'm swapping the 4.0 from a 91 explorer into my 87 ranger. I looked in the tech library and couldn't find the wiring diagrams for a 91 explorer. I was wondering if someone could scan their Chilton's manual for that year and send them to me. I'd be most appreciated...
  15. Flash Gordan

Transfer case differences?

I've got a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. I just started my first truck project which you can find a link to it HERE. First question is: What is the differences in the electonic shifting transfer case I have in the exploder and a manual shifting transfer case? Second...
  16. Flash Gordan

Project Exploding Ranger

Just a quick question. What do you get when you take a $400 1987 Ranger here: And the $150 1991 Explorer here: You get project EXPLODING RANGER!!!!! My plans for this is to swap the entire drivetrain from the Explorer to the Ranger. Dana 35, 8.8, and the 4.0 and transmission are going...
  17. Flash Gordan

Hello to one and all.

I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple weeks now. Trying to soak up as much information as possible before I posted. I've become the latest owner of a 87' Ranger (2wd/std cab/longbed). Only paid $400 for it. I love this truck but I've been wanting to play in the dirt with it. So I've...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad