• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Indie music

A few nights ago I went to a poker tournament to raise money for a local band so they can record their next album. While there I met quite a few interesting people, and people that I have already met previous at past shows. It was an epic night, came in second in poker, went pub hopping, hung...
  2. Project Rat

Well, I know I posted this in another section, mainly by accident, when I thought it was going here. I've been quite busy with random projects, parties, concerts, random work, and now a new project that I just started with my PT cruiser, I shall call this project Project Rat. Project rat is...
  3. Project Rat

Well, I've been quite busy with random projects, parties, concerts, random work, and now a new project that I just started with my PT cruiser, I shall call this project Project Rat. Project rat is about getting out of the normal swing of things in Calgary. Everyone has their cars riced out...
  4. BC forest fires

Last night, on my fourth night of my holidays, my first real holidays in 3 years, I was evacuated from Lillooet, BC due to a forest fire. Right now the fire is about 500m from my grandparents house, and my great aunt and uncle's house. This fire is scary. The pictures don't do it justice. My...
  5. Bought a new tool box today.

Today was Wendel Wednesday at work. Wendel is our Snap-On dealer at the shop, and he comes in on Wednesdays, anyways, he has his promotion on for the Limited Edition "Glomad" toolbox #585 of 957. It is now in my bay at work. I got it for 1/3 of the price the box usually goes for. It was a...
  6. New rims for summer

Ok, this isn't a Ranger, but I thought I would show it off anyways. I've been needing a set of good summer tires, and I found these. The aluminum is corroding but I can clean it up, its just put on the list of things to do. The winter tires i pulled off were 205/55R16, I've just replaced them...
  7. Repairing a curb kissed painted aluminum rim

Original Poster:Shoeboy Difficulty: 1-3 out of 10 Time to repair: Roughly 2 hours Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to...
  8. New rims

On Sunday I got screwed by a curb and annihilated one rim and bent another one up pretty good, and ripped up the sidewall on one of my new Goodyear Nordics. Yesterday I managed to track down a pair of used Goodyear Nordics with a date code of 2008, and with about 8-9/32" of tread left, the add...
  9. I ate a curb today

I was out for lunch with a buddy of mine. We pulled into the parking lot of the strip mall (a very large parking lot) about 1pm. It had snowed last night about 15cm and the parking lot had not been plowed, even though 8+ hours had been passed since it stopped snowing, anyways. I pull in and I...
  10. Shop prices in your area.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I was wondering what the hourly rate for auto repair shops, was in your area. At the shop I work at, its about $108/hour, and that is a private shop, and a non chain store in Calgary, AB. How about everyone else.
  11. Well, since I sold the truck, I might as well give you some "glamor" shots of the PT

Well, since I sold the truck, I might as well give you some "glamor" shots of the PT The truck got sold on Sunday. It just didn't fit my needs right now. I needed something with more interior room, and with more storage space (the rear seats fold up, or come out, and the passenger seat folds...
  12. The Ranger is Gone.

Today, I sold the Ranger, I got $2800 cash for it, and I can now get my PT Cruiser on the road. I will still stick around here, just not as much. I just needed something cheaper on gas, and with more interior/storage room.
  13. I bought a car today.

I have the Ranger up for sale now, and this is now set in stone. I bought a car today. Its a 2001 PT Cruiser, Black with a tan interior, Chrome rims, and tinted windows. It has the 2.5L and 5 speed. It has a cloth interior, with power windows, locks, mirrors, CD, A/C. The best thing is that its...
  14. Best...Week...Ever!

Well, Tuesday was my 21st birthday, Monday night a huge group of friends (mechanics and pilots) and I got together and went to the pub, had a good time. Tuesday, had to do a clutch in a Ranger, easy, easy job, and good pay out of it, and that night, a buddy took me out for dinner, and again, we...
  15. Sad to say, The Ranger is now for sale

The Ranger I bought a few months ago, has now become a problem for me. I need more room. The sub box that is in the box of the truck cuts the box in half, and since its the step side, its a small box to begin with. Theres not much wrong with the Ranger (that I know about), but theres enough for...
  16. Getting annoyed

Well, I bought my replacement Ranger about a month ago. Its not a bad truck except there are some things that have been annoying me. The two biggest things that annoy me is for one, the 3L is stupidly gutless, and two, with the subs in the box, I have very little space, less then the trunk space...
  17. My evening adventure.

Well, my buddy calls me at about 6 this evening...From about the halfway point between Calgary and Red Deer. His Heep died on him on the highway. They had no power so they couldn't even keep the heat on, and it was about -10*C outside or maybe even colder, plus they're in the middle of the...
  18. My sedond model kit (not 56K friendly)

This is a 1992 Ford F150 style side. It took me about a month to put together, and what not. I'm happy with how it turned out. This model I decided to "kit bash" a little bit, I dropped the front and rear down. I think the next time I do that, I'll be able to do it better then how I did it this...
  19. Missing Oil on a 3L.

Well, I just bought a 1993 Ranger with the 3L with 200 000km on it. I have driven it for about 1000km, and in that time, I've gone down 1L of oil. There are oil leaks on this truck, but nothing bad enough to cause this amount of oil loss. When I'm driving I don't smell anything burning and I...
  20. My toy, and some back roads. (not 56K friendly)

Well, I picked this gem up about a week and a half ago, and I'm already in love. The interior The power for the sound (Two Rockford amps) What makes the power (1 of 2 15" Punch (I guess), subs) Poser shots And some scenery, Its hard to believe that behind a sign that says "caution, road...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad