• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. killacal

96' manual trans interchangability?

Hi, My 96' Ranger with 259k miles has started to have some trans issues. When shifting from 4th to 5th, 5th to 4th, or 3rd to 4th it sometimes "losses its way" and grinds almost non-stop, until i jam it back into 4th. The clutch has no effect... so i'm assuming it's something internal. That...
  2. killacal

96' manual trans interchangability?

Hi, My 96' Ranger with 259k miles has started to have some trans issues. When shifting from 4th to 5th, 5th to 4th, or 3rd to 4th it sometimes "losses its way" and grinds almost non-stop, until i jam it back into 4th. The clutch has no effect... so i'm assuming it's something internal. That...
  3. killacal

2.3 Water Pump Exit Pipe - Where to find?

Hi, I've been putting off fixing my heater hose leak because I was afraid I would break this tube... well It broke, and now I can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one? I posted an image below: This is for a 97 Ford Ranger, 2wd, 2.3. Thanks!
  4. killacal

**Help 96 Ranger No-Start**

Hi, ****FIXED With Solution, See my last post**** I've searched the boards but haven't been able to find a post that helps me out. I was driving to work earlier this week on the highway, and then all the sudden the ranger died. After pulling over to the side of the highway I soon...
  5. killacal

Help Identify this transmission!

This came out of 97' explorer with a 4.0, I think it's 5r55e, but I just want some opinions. I don't have the truck to look at the door anymore, but I do have a VIN # if that helps. Here are some pics:
  6. killacal

HELP! - Installing 97' Explorer seats into 97' Ranger

As the title states I'm trying to install 97' explorer buckets into a 97' Ranger that had a bench in it. What do I need to make this work, as it seems they're not a direct bolt in? Ranger bucket seat tracks?
  7. killacal

4.0 swap will a 2.3 tranni work?

So I just picked up a cheap wrecked 97' Explorer. I bought it for the interior, but the thing runs great. I was wondering if the 4.0 would mount up to my 2.3's 5-sp manual (it's a 97 ranger), and if the clutch set/ flywheel would work (they're almost new)? Thanks! Cal

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad