• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dezert ranger

8.8 explore to ranger question

have a 91 explorer 8,8 rear diff which is 3 " wider than stock ,how wide a tire can you run and still clear 4 " fiberglass bulge fenders,i have 32 x 11.5 s and 33 x 12.5s ,my rims are the mickey thompson simulated beadlocks that have some offset,dont want to try and mock up and reweld springpads...
  2. dezert ranger

exploder 8.8 to ranger question

have a 91 explorer 8,8 rear diff which is 3 " wider than stock ,how wide a tire can you run and still clear 4 " fiberglass bulge fenders,i have 32 x 11.5 s and 33 x 12.5s ,my rims are the mickey thompson simulated beadlocks that have some offset,dont want to try and mock up and reweld springpads...
  3. dezert ranger

1985 2.3 clutch

will a 1989 2.9 v6 clutch disc work for my 2,3 ..the spine count and diameters match up ,autozone part # s dont cross reference???????
  4. dezert ranger

92 4.0 battery drain/gauges???????

i have a 89 ford ranger that has the entire dash,wiring,engine/everything from 92 ranger 4.0.even b4 swap unit would drain battery,also tach is inop and just goes crazy,can i use the guages from the 2.9,if not what year rangers would work???u guys have always been helpful,i have checked all...
  5. dezert ranger

92 ranger 4.o to 89 ranger 2.9

i have wore this sight out doing research and have a few things that i have mixed opinions on 1) do i use 2.9 mounts or 4.o 2)alot of articles say it is plug and play ( i have both complete vehicles,the 92 was totaled due to collision so i am putting it in my midtravel prerunner) 3) should i...
  6. dezert ranger

4.o losing spark heeeellpppp

losing spark on right side cylinders,new coil,new ignition module,new wires and plugs,fires steadily on left cylinders,only occasinly on right ,92 ford ranger 4.o manual,bought this truck to do 4.0 conversion on my prerunner,but have to get it running correctly first.thanks in advance:sad:
  7. dezert ranger

run condition / fuel pressure spec(2.9 v6)

whats up ranger station peoples,truck is an 89 ranger 2.9 v6,it runs like it is either droppin a couple cylinders or running rich question is what is fuel pressure spec suppose to be ??? it has 36 at idle and 40- 44 lbs under vacuum / acceleration , it almost acts like it is to much,i know...
  8. dezert ranger

89 ranger 2.9 to 93 explorer 4.0 trans/computer question

puttin 93 exploder 4.0 into ranger (89)2.9 ranger,have complete donor 93 explorer /want to use stock mazda trans in ranger 1)will the "automatic" ecu work 2) if no do i simply change to a manual shift ecu 3) or do i have to change engine harness and ecu not trying to wear you out with beat to...
  9. dezert ranger

93 4.o 5 speed computer verification

looking at putting a 4 liter n my truch .need to know if the follow computer # from manual or auto f27f 12a650xb thanks for your help ?::D:
  10. dezert ranger

correct timing pointer?????

whats up ford gurus?been a mechanic for a long time and on my 2.9 v6 i unplugged the spout and marked the engine at 10 degrees BUT there is a pointer on the front of the block as well as a round hole at the balancer,i timed it through the hole and the truck runs awful and pings badly,is this the...
  11. dezert ranger

Spout Connector?????

DOES THE SPOUT CONNECTOR ON MY 2.9 HAVE SOME SORT OF RESISTOR OR IS IT JUSY A JUMPER,MY TRUCK WAS MISSING THE SPOUT CONNECTOR I USED A JUMPER,IT SEEMS TO BE OK BUT WAS CURIOUS IF IT WAS JUST A JUMPER OR??? :icon_confused:
  12. dezert ranger

2.9 to 3.8 engine swap questions

hello ranger folk,i have complete donor 3.8 liter motor with t-5 trans ,harness / everything,i read the 3.8 swaps info in the tech library but it was somewhat vague,i will be using the t-5 trans,the entire assy is out of a 96 ford mustang,will the 96 motor mounts work as describe in the tech...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad