• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 Explorer wheels on my 89 Ranger?

did some searching on this topic but didn't find the info I was looking for. I purchased a 1989 Ranger supercab and it has the stock 14" rally steel wheels with rings and centres, I have a 5.0 explorer 1999 that I've been scrounging parts off of and the wheels are really clean as well as...
  2. 2001 IFS swap to 78/79 dana 60 front

I recently purchased a 2001 sport trac and not running but very solid southern US body>>>>>>exactly what I was looking for :yahoo: same front end as 1998 up ranger IFS seems right. my plans are to put a steering box in place of the rack ,out with the IFS and use a Dana 60 front I already have...
  3. double clutching?

I have a 1996 Explorer with a M5OD trans. I got it a few months ago and clutch worked great, last couple weeks it has been hard to get clutch to release enough to get into 1st or reverse, pedal is disengaging clutch right at the floor but 2pedal pumps seems to work. today it was creeping ahead...
  4. 96 Explorer 2wd lowering

I recently got myself a very clean explorer 2door 2wd 4.0 5spd and am wondering what would be involve in lowering it. I plan on doing a 5.0 swap into it over next summer, and would like to know what parts I would need. this gives me a little time to find the parts needed. it has the torsion...
  5. 96 Explorer 2door..........3 rear seats?

I recently purchased a 1996 2door explorer sport and it only has seat belts for 2 in the rear. the 2 seats are very wide IMHO so i'm wondering about a 3seater. has anyone here seen a rear seat w/3 seatbelts? presently it looks like a 50/50 split, would a 60/40 or other options be made ...
  6. 94 Explorer diffs in a 91 Ranger?

Hey guys I just bought a 91 Ranger supercab today for a great price IMHO. I bought it for the low km on it, 144,000km or around 90,000miles. I bought it for the 3.0 V6 and autotrans in it, putting it in my wife's 92 2wd Explorer. the 4.0 just guzzles the fuel, but I love the...
  7. Steering box in place of the rack?

have a 1996 EXplorer 5.0 AWD, and wanting to make it a SAS but would like to use a steering box instead of the :sad:rack...... Saw a 97 with a SAS and 1st generation steering box but no pics of swap or info(its for sale) and wondering if anyone else has done this. details/links/directions...
  8. 1994 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4/ 96 Ex 5.0 AWD conversion?

OK I have searched a bit, as much as lowspeed will allow. :bawling: I already have : 1 1996 Explorer AWD 5.0 automatic. rotted pile of iron oxide, but runs mint! I found 1 1994 ranger extended 4.0 5spd 4x4 . very cheap and solid cab/doors/frame/rebuilt trans and new clutch. My...
  9. SAS options for a 1996 AWD 5.0 Explorer?

Bought a 1996 5.0 AWD Explorer and it runs mint, but has front end problems. ball joints, tierod end and a front wheel bearingor hub? Body is rough, almost gone rockers, but otherwise looks pretty good. I would like to build a decent off roader and have access to lots of different axles...
  10. 96 Explorer 5.0 info?

I have an offer on a 1996 Explorer with a 5.0 in it. I wanted it for the 4 new snows on it, for my wife's 92 explorer. Bolt ons no dismounting required:icon_thumby: It actually runs pretty decent and was wondering if this is the "GT40" 5.0 or just a plain old 5.0? the body is toast, open...
  11. 98 explorer rims fit a 94/

I have a 1994 explorer 4x4 and would like to put 16" steel wheels on it to use my tires that I have already from another truck. I was looking at a 1998 explorer sport that had an exploded 4.0sohc and it had nice clean 16"steel rims on it. I can get the rims for almost nothing because he is...
  12. explorer conversion 2wd to 4wd

I am looking at buying a 1992 Explorer 4door 2wd with a nice body, actually it has its original rockers and gate in good shape, nice interior and a low 190,000km on it. I already have a 1994 explorer 4x4 with lots of new parts, runs drives great but body is beyond repair. I was thinking...
  13. 2wd explorer rear axle code???? "D4"

I found a very solid 92 explorer but its a 2wd, and i am wondering if the rear axles are the same as the 4wd models.. the code on the door for the axle is D4. I have no idea here so help me please. Price on the explorer is good , and all I want to do is swap in all the rebuilt parts...
  14. Dana 60 into 94 explorer pics/info

I am planning to build a different offroader for this spring. :yahoo: I have one 4dr xlt explorer that runs great but rotten from the rear doors back. I have a 79 Dana 60 with 4.09s and a detroit locker already in. a dana 70 with powerlock and 5.13s , and I have a new set of 5.13 gears 60-7F...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad