• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Scrambler82

Has anyone dropped a Ford 300 into a first gen (1983-1989) Ranger?

Power aside... if you plan on keeping the nose OEM, then we are talking firewall moods, extensive mods. What is your idea on making room for the extra length ?
  2. Scrambler82

Switched Ignition Power to run DRLs ?

Thanks, I have a wire spliced in the Load side of F1.41, and that wire will be part of the Relay Trigger. A few more wires and I will have DRL's; grille and halos !
  3. Scrambler82

RonD, Thanks for the assist so far. Found the fuse, found the color code for the attaching wire, (LB/OR), but haven't found the wire itself. So far I have only looked behind the battery area, I opened up the main harness and found no wire colored LB/OR ! To look closer I need to remove a couple...
  4. Scrambler82

Sorry, this circuit will power the three LED Grille Lights and the two Halos. No Headlights on this circuit ! Thanks Ron, appreciate your knowledge base, incredible !
  5. Scrambler82

Rang-a-stang's son's 86 4wd "build"

Removing the engine harness and using an OEM V-8 harness integrated in the engine bay, you will have a great look, makes things easier. But wait to see if your want another engine and then decide what engine harnessing you will use. The separate wiring strips is a plus, I usually do the same...
  6. Scrambler82

Thanks Ron. I need to power the rely only. Then a fused power wire will go from the Battery to the relay to the grille lights. So power directly from the battery to the lights. Amperage draw I don't know off the top of my head, but the 2 Halos and the 3 small LED lights shouldn't draw much...
  7. Scrambler82

Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

It has been a while since I put the lift in so know which shock other than the brand I am not sure. Shock were Fox and purchased through a special buy from 4WD... ! Rate of the springs was 750#, because I was going with a Winch that never got there. Truck run good, when I put the lift in I...
  8. Scrambler82

Rang-a-stang's son's 86 4wd "build"

1st Gen. Ranger look so good; I miss my '88. 4x. 5.0L. The best thing about the 1st Gen... is the engine harness is separate from the Vehicle harness. Not sure how long that lasted, but it sure made wiring the 5.0L.
  9. Scrambler82

Looking for the best place in the engine bay to locate Key-Switched Power to run a new circuit for DRLs in my 2003 Ranger EDGE. Hoping for a circuit with minimum draw. Thanks
  10. Scrambler82

Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

Used the front Super Lift Kit and added Coil-Over Shocks. The rear was SkyJacker 6" Lift Springs, no blocks, Aftermarket Shocks. (two different shocks) Clear 33" tires without a problem, although the front does once in awhile hit the lining when backing up.
  11. Scrambler82

Door Windows, The forward Lean Syndrome"

Hey Ron, My '88 STX had them, what others don't know for sure ! Would be nice to have a kit to add them to my '03. Thanks for the input, I'm hoping my friend will have some good news soon.
  12. Scrambler82

Hey all, Been on Honey Do List Duty... ! I thought the '88 has a scissor lift but I'm wrong again. All I know is my '88 STX didn't do it and my '95 XL. '00 XLT, and my '03 EDGE all do it. My '88 had Vent Windows, maybe the tracks were more rugged or braced better. Wonder if the earlier lift...
  13. Scrambler82

Want to add bed rack/roof rack system

Before Covid, I asked a local shop about making a set of Sliders with an extra bar, similar to what is being offered by 12 Degrees North, and the guy gave me a price of $950.00... WTF ! I don't understand why everything is going through the roof... I call it price gouging. I was going to have...
  14. Scrambler82

Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

The pictures of your truck are nice, I like the first generation; had an '88 STX High Rider, miss that one ! I've read the postings, interesting methods but how you get your lift is really your choice but where are you getting the info on putting together random pieces and hoping they work...
  15. Scrambler82

5.0 into 91 4x4 ZF 5 speed and what transfer case???

I didn't know that trans was used behind a Cummins, ok so I'm out in left field !
  16. Scrambler82

Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

To identify your lift SITUATION, all I can say it dangerous at best, but you have heard that one already. YIPES is my second thought... but SuperLift uses the OEM Blocks and an additional block for the rear lift, and then you have the front coils WITH Spreaders... I think ! All I can say is it...
  17. Scrambler82

5.0 into 91 4x4 ZF 5 speed and what transfer case???

Hello All from SoCal. I read most of the postings but not all. My only concern is the 5-sp with that much torque, from what the OP is saying an auto is more trouble to hook up, this I didn't know. Will the ZF5 handle this kind of torque ? Good Luck on the project, sound great, and with a little...
  18. Scrambler82

Thx but all I need to do is open the window a few inches for air, try to crank it up and the front doesn't go up but the back does. The actual amount of the Nose down isn't much but as others have stated it allows an air noise to come in and increases as the speed increases. I will try the...
  19. Scrambler82

I do like the one you posted earlier in the thread and the 12 Degrees North Unit is good too except for the new Ranger... and it has to be higher. The F-150, sounds like a great idea... IF new and you have an extra $50K then you might get a new one, not sure where the pricing is on used. The...
  20. Scrambler82

Crosscut_Drifter, Who is the manufacturer of this unit ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad