• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. new terminal turning brown

Changed both terminals as I live on an island and they corrode quickly. Negative (red) is turning brown and positivae (black) is still silver color. Any ideas thanks
  2. PLEASE HELP WITH COOLANT bubbling out of reservoir tank

Hello , I have a 2001 ford ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed. 147k miles. Had t-stat put in 1 year ago. Engine coolant bubbles when truck is shut off from underneath reservoir cap. I had a new radiator and reservoir tank put in last week and both were leaking. Yesterday, mechanic tested my t-stat. He...
  3. leaking out of reservoir

Hello, 2001 ford ranger 2.3 liter 145k mils. Just had radiator changed, new t stat last year and changed my radiator cap 2 months ago. Got car out of garage friday with new radiator and fluid is still coming out from under radiator cap. Any suggestions? thanks
  4. replaced raidator cap fluid still coming out

Hello, For some time my radiator reservoir would bubble up and I would lose fluid from under radiator cap. It overheated 2x and I had mechanic flush it and test it. He said radiator / tstat were fine and the reason it overheat was head gasket was loose causing one of the radiator pipes to...
  5. stering feels loose

Hello, 2001 ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed. Had right lower ball joint replaced , just had left upper control arm replaced and the steering wheel still seems loose. He tightened up wheel bearings as he said they were loose. After he fixed it it felt like a new truck but that lasted about 1 day...
  6. overheating

Hello, 2001 ford ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed. I had t-stat replaced 1 year ago and heat works fine. The coolant resrvoir has a tendency to get hot and antifreeze comes out from underneath cap. Thsi causes me to have to occasionally add to reservoir. The pat week or so, the guage went high as...
  7. 2001 ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed

I am trying to replace my slip yolk and want to make sure I get th right part. Its 2 wheel drive. How many drive shafts are there. I need the one that has the balancer on it and comes out of back of tranny and goes into rear axle. A junk yard asked me for ring gear size. Would a dealership...
  8. clutch kit or air in system?

Hello, 2001 ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed. I had slave done earlier in year and master 2 months ago. Pedal felt greta then began loosing it 2 weeks after master went in. Bled in 2 different shops :vacuum, gravity , manually. 2nd place said only a few small bubbles of air. Not enough to make a...
  9. clutch repair kit?

Hello, 2001 ford ranger 2.3 liter 133k miles. Ihad mast clutch and slave cylinder all done within past year. 2 mechanics bled vacuum, manually , gravity and saw no air. They checked master and slave for no leakage. It feels like tehre is air in clucth as I have to pump it to engage. When I...
  10. just had master clutch cylinder put in

I just had master clutch cylinder put in and slave cylinder replaced earlier this year. 2001 Ford ranger 133k miles 2.3 liter 5 speed. The clutch does have pressure in the petal but just like before master was replaced, when I am stopped at a red light andin gear teh truck stalls which tells...
  11. Drive Train balancer

I found out the drive train balancer collar is loose on my truck. It does shake a bit at higher speeds. Nothing too bad. A mechanic told me to I can cut it off.My question is can I fix it i.e weld, screw it back in place somehow? Or does that mean I need a whole new drive train? Thanks
  12. catalytic converter

I posted about a loose metal coming from tranny. A transmission shop told me in the catalytic converter there is a honey comb that may have come loose and is causing rattling noise. I have no issues shifting. Or it could be a loose exhaust bracket. Your thoughts please. I do hear loose metal...
  13. loose metal sound coming from tranny

Occasionally, I hear loose metal sound coming from tranny. Just had master cylinder put in and it works great no issues shifting. Does this mean tranny is going? Also, they just put a lower ball joint on my truck and now I am getting brake pulsation at higher speeds. thanks
  14. loose metal sound

Hello, I recently had my tires replaced and suddenly heard a squeaking noise from the right front wheel. Going over bumps it sounded like the shock was gone. The other day I drove over some grass and now I hear loud clanking noise from tire. It sounds like loose metal banging. It also squeals...
  15. 2001 ranger bleeding clutch

I was told by a ford tech that the only was to bleed is to open reservoir, leave fluid in , pump clutch 15x then hold clutch petal down 10 seconds. Repeat for 30 minutes. I have done this and clutch works great for about 15 minutes then I start losing it again. I had a slave cylinder put in 10...
  16. cold weather issue?

Hello All, I have a 2001 2.3 liter 5 speed ranger. The transmission is not syncronized so its always been a bit difficult especially in cold weather to switch gears. I recently had a new slave cylinder put in as well as the line going to master cylinder. Thsi was about 10 months ago and...
  17. cooling fan not spinning fast

Hello, The cooling fan spins very slow and I can see & hear the engine idling higher and lower when in neutral ( 5 speed). I sthis a tough fix? please advise thanks in advance !!
  18. tough getting into gears

Hello, I have a 2001 ford ranger 5 speed 116k miles. It has always been a bit difficult getting it into gears ( especially when cold). By that I mean , it is obvious it's not syncronized. I just had a master and slave clutch cylinder put in due to leak. Since this is hydraulic clutch...
  19. need help with p1537 code please

check engine light is on and code says p1537. I believe that is the IMRC. I ran the truck for a while without changing plugs and when I did , they were pretty worn out. Would this cause excess carbon build up in the manifold that can be cleaned out with brake cleaner? I was thinking of spraying...
  20. can ect sensor or bad t-stat cause engine to run rough?

2001 ford ranger 2.3 liter 5 speed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, My thermostat is bad (gauge does not work and no heat) and check engine light came so I had it scanned at autozone. Guy said bad ect sensor and that is causing my truck...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad