• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. joldtown

Best vendor for 4r55e torque conv.

Looking for a reliable vendor to supply a TC for a 4r55e. Did fluid and filter, tranny shifts smooth until overdrive then it roars and hesitates, but eventually shifts. Driving like a granny until I can get it fixed.
  2. joldtown

4r55e help...

I've looked in the tech library, and searched the threads with no luck to my question. The truck has 130k and has not been offroad since I've owned it. Yesterday I noticed a "whine/roar" when the tranny tries to downshift going up hill. It shifts smoothly through all gears, but the shifts seem...
  3. joldtown

Sched 80 sub box?

Ok here is the plan: I'm ordering a 8" MB Quart sub. I was wondering about taking a 10" piece of Schd 80 pipe, two glue caps, and two rubber flange gastkets to make a "tube". Cut out one end for the sub to mount in, and on the other the connetion for the wires. I have already done the "volume of...
  4. joldtown

The Ranger dually in N. Alabama

To the guy that wanted me to find out info on this truck... Sorry it took me so long to get back on this, but the truck is not for sale.
  5. joldtown

Deer Whistle things, do they work?

I almost t-boned a deer tonight. I had the right of way, but it just pulled out in front of me. Do those $7 parts work? If so can they be mounted behind the grille out of sight?
  6. joldtown

Window problem on 02, it does work

Window bounces as it goes down. Problem one. When window is rolled up, the front pillar side seems to fall forward not allowing window to seat in the channel. Problem two. The motor seems to work fine, any solutions?
  7. joldtown

2002 color or repaint?

I need to know about the color on a truck. 2002 xlt 4x4, if you look at the truck from the front it looks like a metallic purple. If you look at it from the rear it looks metallic blue. Is this factory or a repaint? the color matches up all over the truck... under hood, behind cab, etc. What...
  8. joldtown

Console sub box???

I am in the process of finding some leather buckets to go in my 02 ext cab. Had a thought, I've seen on here where some guys have turned their 60/40 seats in to 40/40 by cutting out the middle of the drivers seat. With that done does the flip up armrest/console remain on the drivers seat? With...
  9. joldtown

5x7-6x8 I know it gets old...

Ok, I've looked at all the posts and still want to ask. What is better for the front and rear on an 02 4 door? I've seen the ones that are "Ford/Mazda" stamped. Pioneers I think, are they any good? or are they just factory replacements? I want good sound, I don't need tons of bass just enough to...
  10. joldtown

Used seats, what fits?

I've found a King Ranch that has been wrecked. Was wondering if the leather seats will fit into my 2002 ext cab? I realize that brackets will be an problem, but welding isn't. They are HUGE! If this isn't practical, what other cars/trucks should I be looking for?
  11. joldtown

Old man's Ranger needs your help!

Just bought a 2002 Ranger 4.0, 4x4, 4 door, XLT. I am looking to do some upgrades to this truck. I need you guys to point me in the right direction. As I stated in the intro, money isn't really all that tight, but I want to start with a good base and build up. So any tips to get the ball...
  12. joldtown

Old man buys bad a** truck, needs input

I just bought a 2002 Ranger XLT. 4.0, Auto, 4 door. I have wanted this truck for a while and just couldn't afford to buy a one new. I FINALLY found this truck at a ford dealer in town and bought it. Now I need you young gear heads to help me build my dream truck. I am asking for you guys to help...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad