• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help writing a new tech article (grill and bumper swap 2nd gen)

I need some support in order to update our tech articles on this site. I was reading over member 68amc's truck of the month article and in it he mentioned a grill and front bumper swap from an explorer limited grill. It looks awesome! However it's not anywhere to be found in our tech articles...
  2. Ranger body and engine combination

Did Ford ever make a 1989-1992 Ranger with the combination of a regular cab and short bed with the 2.9L motor in it? All I ever see in this size of truck is the 2.3L four cylinder. I would like to find the 2.9L combination because I want to take it out and replace it with a 4.0L and have a quick...
  3. Mustang convertible motor mount for 5.0 swap info needed

So here is my question. Can a 1985-1993 Ford Mustang convertible*5.0L engine mount be used on a 1989-1992 Ford Ranger that has a four cylinder engine and just bolt right in? I'm trying my best to look up this information myself but it's hard to come by. I was reading through the 5.0 swap tech...
  4. 4.0 and the manual trans years

I need some info on exactly which years the 4.0 was packaged with the 5-speed manual transmission. The reason why I ask is because I have a 2wd 1990 ranger reg. cab and swb and I want to swap in a 4.0 for a little bit more power than the 2.3 that's already in her now. The 4.0 swap should be...
  5. Looking for a diesel ranger for sale

I'm in the market for buying another ranger. I'm in the military stationed in Colorado and next month I'll be taking leave to Pennsylvania. Since my wife and I will be driving the whole way, I want to be looking for any diesel rangers for sale along the way and we'll hopefully drive one home. So...
  6. Gas mileage 460 vs 351m

I have a 1979 F-150 4x4 and I wanted to make up my mind on swapping in a 460 or keeping the good ole 351m in it. But my question is why do these two engines with about 109 cubic inches apart have the same gas mileage? This is really stumping me.:icon_confused: If any of you guys can help me...
  7. Two transmissions??

Could you guys explain to me how to put two transmissions together? I've seen someone do it to their own ranger on here before. I just wanted the collective brain power of TRS to help me figure out the advantages/disadvantages to a crazy set up like that. Any and all advice is much...
  8. Off-roading in Germany?

Who knows anything about the laws about off-roading in Germany. :icon_confused: I'm going to be stationed there for the next three years.
  9. Factory CD players?

So somebody just stole my cd player out of my truck the other night. Now I have nothing to listen to. My uncle gave me two stock radios for my 1992 to see which would work as a replacement. Unfortunately they didn't work. So I was wondering how to put a cd player back in my truck for not a lot...
  10. I want to swap for 4.0 Any help?

My 1992 2wd has the manual 5-speed fourbanger. I want a 4.0 5-speed instead. What vehicle and model year would be the ideal canidate for the upgrade?
  11. Is this guy low balling me or being fair?

Truck: 1992 Ranger Reg cab short bed 4 cylinder 5-speed 104,000 miles Fiberglass bed cover I got this truck from texas and I want to sell it here in Pennsylvania. This truck has zero rust and ALL the trucks around here have rust. I told this guy I...
  12. Too much money for an old truck.

Let me apologize in advance for I'm too poor to buy a camera. Sorry no photos. HOWEVER I was at the ford dealership and they have a 1984 4wd 2.9L manual ranger with what they say has 33,000 original miles. This may be true because it is in great shape inside and out and some old guy traded it...
  13. 1992 4-banger transmission warning

Last year the transmission went bang and pop last year going down the highway at about 65mph. So long story short I lost 3rd gear and the transmission runs like crap. I just just wonder how I drove all the way home that day without walking. So this year I got myself to the junkyard and bought...
  14. I'm back

Sorry for my long leave of absence but it took me a while to drive from Texas to Pennsylvania. I'm finally reunited with my ranger again and maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show her off here. I went to start her up up as soon as I could and it started and ran just fine. But I did...
  15. How many RBVs do you own?

I'll go first. I own 1 '92 Ranger and also I own 1 old school '77 f150 Ranger. My dad used to own 3 B2s. They're just awesome in the snow. :icon_thumby:
  16. Can I make my own step-side bed?

I really like the look of those 1st gen Ranger shadows that have the stepside bed. So is there a way to make a stepside for my ranger? Can I just take one off an F150 stepside and just section it down the middle to fit? Or would the bed off the F150 stepside just look too tall? I don't see...
  17. Did Ford ever do this combo?

Did ford ever make a short bed 2nd gen 2wd and put a 4.0 in them? :icon_confused: I don't think so but, that's why I'm asking. I'm looking to do the 4.0 swap and I'm wondering how unique it would be.
  18. My 1979 f150 4x4

Here's my 4x4 pride and joy. I also have a 1977 f150 that will "donate" other interior pieces such the door panels and dash. I spray painted it white for temporary until I can afford a better paint job. It's got new carpet, floor mats, and seat cover. I custom made the headliner by...
  19. How many miles is a 4.0 good for?

How many miles have you guys seen a 4.0 rack up? I'm thinking of doing a 4.0 build and would like to know the dependability of the motor.
  20. 1979 f150 speedometer question

Who knows how to take the speedometer cable off the instrument panel. I've heard just squeeze and pull but it seems like it's just stuck. Any advise is welcome :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad