• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 95 Ranger won't start when hot.

My old ranger (no longer own it btw:sad:) is giving its current owner some problems. Apparently, after running the truck and getting the engine warm, the truck won't start if it is turned off and cranked again. The truck will turn on fine every morning, but after running it, it will take a while...
  2. Loosening caliper screws? (Chevy Truck)

(This is for a 2004 Chevy Suburban. I know this is the wrong place, but the Chevy trucks section looks dead, and I don't feel like leaving TRS for information on fixing my vehicles. I've come to trust TRS a lot more than mechanics :D) I am having a hard time getting the front two screws of the...
  3. Starter problem?

I have what seems to be a starter problem with my 2.3 95 Manual Trans Ranger. Sometimes (now it's most of the times) It won't start and all I hear is one loud click coming from the drivers fender every time I turn the key. I looked at most of the wiring and it all looks good. I took the starter...
  4. Another MPG Q.

I know we've had a number of MPG threads, but I just want to ask. I currently receive 18 MPG on the city. Does that sound good or normal? I usually keep the truck under 2500 RPMs and find myself shifting around 2100-2200 RPMs. The truck is a: 95 Ranger, Single Cab, short bed, 2.3 Manual...
  5. Check Engine light not functioning

Now, before ya'll tell me to check the bulb, I already did, it is not the bulb. I switched it about 5 times and switched it around with other light bulbs from other dummy lights an nothing. This is a replacement cluster that came from a 95 Ranger. I should have no problems since I have switched...
  6. Odometer Worm Gauge

Does anyone know if I can buy the worm gear on-line? I haven't tried Autozone or O'reilly because I never have luck finding items like these in the stores. I've tried Junkyards but all of them want to sell me the whole cluster (which in these areas go for 50-80 dollars) Any chance the dealer...
  7. Electrical/Alternator Problem

Well, about 3 months ago, I started to notice that my volt meter was spiking up and down a bit when I turned my lights on. Every day, it started doing it more and more and it would eventually be noticeable when I had my map lights on. I ignored the problem until just two weeks ago. I was...
  8. Heating Q

What is it about my truck that it takes forever to warm up? My needle never gets up to what the normal temperature should be. I could drive the truck for 2 hours and I would only get a bit passed the C in the dash. The heater works, but it doesn't feel like it works to its fullest potential and...
  9. Using a Relay

Ok, so I'm in the process of installing a pair of 55 watt fog lamps. I was going to tap into the parking lights, but there are three wires coming out of the parking lights bulb. Obviously, one is a ground, the other is parking, and the last one is hazard/flasher. Which one is the parking light...
  10. Brakes Grab Rough

I've been having this problem lately and it is a hazard when the roads are wet. Everytime I apply the break, my truck starts to brake normally, but right when it is about to stop, it grabs on very rough. I started with changing the calipers. I changed the Drivers side one week and that seemed...
  11. Weird AC problem

My AC has been acting up for the past two years and I am now tired of this. Every time I turn on my Ranger, the AC works fine. It blows cold air with ease. But after 1-2 minutes, the compressor will click off and stop working. When I give it gas and keep it above 1200 RPMs, it will kick back in...
  12. 95-06 Headlight Switch bulb

Anyone know where to find a replacement? I went to the local dealer and the guy told me that since my (95) truck is old, they probably don't make the bulb anymore. BULLSH*^, they used the same switch all the way til 06. I guess he was too lazy to look it up. I've been having trouble looking for...
  13. Bus Drivers Qs

So, how hard is it to get around in these buses? To be more specific, a (2008?) Millenium RTS Legend and a Nova RTS (2003). Are these bad boys easy to handle? How about driving one of them? What is the most important thing to know before trying to handle one of these? I know it ain't a Ranger...
  14. Re-wiring Fog Lamps

So, I noticed the other day that the fog kit wire I bought was getting somewhat hot while I was testing them. So I am going to replace the entire wiring with new one. What gauge wire should I use? The one that came with the kit looked somewhat thin. Anyone?
  15. In Dash Navigation

Is there any In Dash Navigation Radio systems that fit the 95+ Rangers? I may be upgrading soon, it depends. I am looking for a head unit that shows the screen, not one that pops out and covers the Air vents. I want something that will fit inside the radio bezel. Anyone?
  16. Removing Fugly Window Tint

I've always put this all the way on the back of my "to-do" list, but I'm finally tired of the stupid tint. It is so bad now that it has turned pink. Anyone know of a good techique to remove the tint? How hard is it? What do I need? Will a sheetrock knife work? I am scared of leaving scratches on...
  17. Differences in Gauge clusters

I was reading through the 97 Ford Ranger Manual and the 96 Ford Ranger Manual and I noticed that from the year 96 model to the 97 model, Ford changed the location of the CHECK ENGINE idiot light. Everything else seems to have stayed the same. Just out of curiosity, can any one confirm this. I...
  18. Fog Lamp Switch

Ok, so I installed some Fogs a while back and my current aftermarket switch look horrendous, so I went to the junkyard and bought me a Factory Foglamp Switch. I want to add it to the truck so it can look stock (yes, I have bezel as well). What I need to know is, can this happen? If I remember...
  19. Check Engine Light

Code P1443 Bloody EVAP. So, before I go looking for any cracked hoses, anyone want to give me something to look for. Neck Hose? Do I have to drop the Gas Tank? I doubt it is the canister since those rarely give out. What is the most common thing that makes this go off? Can it be as simple as...
  20. Odometer and the laws

So, recently, I've been going back and forth questioning about swapping my gauge cluster with one that has a tachometer. I've read many different things, so I am leaning on switching it. But my concern now is the legality about the odometer. Let's say I currently have 150K, and I swap it with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad