• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

Compressor runs, but no cold air?

. 1997 Ranger 2.3 The truck appears to have some type of aftermarket A/C system installed. The truck was at an idle in my drive way and the compressor was running, but no cold air comes out of the vents. The bottom line going into the box on the firewall had frost on it. The linkage on the...

How to torque timing belt tensioner?

. This '97 Ranger 2.3 is my first attempt at replacing a timing belt. How is this following step done? .

Running rough... I have no idea what it could be. Lot's of info, long read.

. 1997 Ranger 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. I'll list some info, then watch the video... It had this condition when I bought it a couple months ago. I start the engine and it will idle smooth. I rev the engine, then it will idle and run rough. After a while it will return to a smooth idle. For...

Can a cracked catalytic converter cause an engine to run rough?

. Can a cracked catalytic converter cause an engine to run rough? Does the downstream oxygen sensor help determine how the engine runs? My truck runs rough after revving it up a bit. I've noticed a bad exhaust leak that sounds like it is coming from under the heat shields on the catalytic...

Dome light won't come on

. 1997 Ranger XLT The dome light hasn't worked since I bought the truck a couple weeks ago. It will not come on when the door is open or when I rotate the wheel on the dash up. I can hear a relay click under the dash when I open the door. The "dingy" thing works if the key is in the...

1997 - P0303, P1443, high idle, runs rough sometimes.

. 1997 2.3 with a manual trans. I've been getting a P0303 and a P1443 code. The engine idles high, usually about 900 to 1,000 rpm. If I accelerate at a slow rate and don't use much throttle, the engine will run pretty good. If I use more than just a little throttle when accelerating, or...

Which sensors are used in open loop? Closed loop?

. 1997 2.3 with a manual. Which sensors are being used when the engine is in open loop? And in closed loop? .

Hi everyonebody!

. I'm picking up my first Ranger from a local used car lot on Monday. It's a '97 with the 4 banger and a manual transmission. It's got a straight pipe (no muffler) that splits to dual tail pipes with chrome tips, lol. It sounds horrible, so hopefully adding a cheapo muffler will kill the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad