• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. WisdoM

Coolant leak on top of engine

this week I noticed a coolant smell after driving...popped the hood and didnt see anything dripping or steaming but the res was almost empty. the next day I looked into it a lil further and found coolant on top of my lower intake pooled a bit in the recesses around the injectors... I retourqed...
  2. WisdoM

C-Clip Eliminator Noise

Does anyone else have a problem with the external c-clip eliminator making noise? Everytime my suspension travels it makes a crunchy sound...and yes its the eco spring and yes I'm sure the noise is the spring. I'm really thinking I'm gonna just put the c-clip back in if I have to hear that...
  3. WisdoM

Sticking Throttle

It started with it sticking @ 3000rpm once in a while after it was well warmed up I just had to slam the padal a couple times and it would come back to normal. I checked the cable and thottle body...everything seems to move freely with no binds. since I dont use it I disconnected the cruise...
  4. WisdoM

98 Mountaineer Unbalanced noise

I’ve got a 98 AWD Mountaineer (wife’s DD) anyway the beast makes a noise like an unbalanced tire in the front when it gets to 50mph…you can’t feel the vibration but you hear it. I’ve had the tires re-balanced, had the rotors checked and just generally looked at everything under the front with...
  5. WisdoM

4.88 Install

installing 4.88's and wanted to know what I should do for the rear (8.8)Whats your opinion....should I notch the cross pin or the ring gear?
  6. WisdoM

Are there any differences between a ’01 8.8 rear and a ’93 8.8? (both are out of rangers)
  7. WisdoM

Raid 0 recovery

Back in 05 I did a home brew desk top, 2.53gig P4 overclocked to 3.00gig, 4gig of mem, Radeon 9800 pro vid card on an Asus P4P800 mobo…I set up my two 40gig hard drives in a raid 0 array, well my mobo finally gave out and I was wondering if there is any worth while way to get some of my data...
  8. WisdoM

Front Clunk V2.0

My original post was in the 4x4 suspension threads http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51294 But I think it might be brake related. What is the dimension of the steering knuckle brake pad slot? I think the pad even with the anti rattle clip is still moving back and forth.
  9. WisdoM

Front Clunk

I’ve got a clunk noise coming from the front end of my truck, I hear it mostly when I back up with the wheel turned to the right..it happens regardless if I’m breaking or not. Over the last few months I thought I had found what it was..first I found a bad radius arm bushing and replaced them...
  10. WisdoM

Chevy leaf question

I currently have a 4” lift with 1 3/8” spacers under the front coils to level it out. Last weekend I came across a set of chevy 1500 leaf springs so I want to use them along with the belltech shackles to get rid of my stacked block situation in the rear(stock 2” blocks under 3” blocks). I’ve...
  11. WisdoM

Gold Mountain Pics

this was a really fun trail:icon_thumby: time to air down and lock the hubs the rock garden:icon_hornsup: Big Bear lake
  12. WisdoM

Skyjacker end links

What is the length of the sway bar links that come with the 6” skyjacker lift for my truck?
  13. WisdoM

The beginning

It all has to start somewhere….So I started pulling it apart this weekend. I’m replacing all the ball joints, u joints, spindle bearings and more importantly re-gearing to 4.88s! I paid $300 for the truck and had originally planed on leaving it stock but my brother gave me a set of 33x10.50’s so...
  14. WisdoM

Recycle

We have been gutting a few of our older buildings at work and being the pack rat that I am I brought home the wiring and some conduit that we were throwing away to add a few recept's in my garage...I love free stuff:icon_thumby: anyway that got me thinking about maybe recycling the copper but...
  15. WisdoM

J-Tree trip

Here are a few pics of my trip to Joshua Tree.....enjoy:icon_thumby:
  16. WisdoM

Turbo Odometer

I never really pay much attention to the odometer reading on my truck…It was in the 500,000”s when I bought it so anyway today our company truck is down so I’m driving my own and tracking the mileage for reimbursement…I drove a little over 22 miles the odometer says I went 188 miles?! Whats up...
  17. WisdoM

WisdoM's 93

Here are some pictures of my 93 mostly stock 4.0 supercab, so far all I've done is a 4" RC lift and slapped some 33's on it..... I have all new ujoints, ball joints, bearings and a one piece drive shaft sitting in my garage waiting for me to find the time to install it :icon_thumby:
  18. WisdoM

Rad Cap

I'm curious, what is the difference in radiator caps for the 4.0l engine. I went to replace mine on my 93 ranger and there were two different ones, a 13lb and a 16lb ....I'm guessing that the 16lb cap lets it get hotter before boiling over?
  19. WisdoM

question

whats the uninstalled overall length of of a skyjacker 136 6" coil?
  20. WisdoM

Sway bar question

I put the rough country 4” lift on my truck and I used the sway bar drop brackets that came with it, they lower the sway bar off the frame…I think it looks kinda cheap so I was thinking about just getting the longer end links like on the skyjacker kit, from a functionality stand point which way...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad