• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tractor Dan

Popping When Brakes Are Applied After Sitting

Any time the truck sits for say 30 minutes or longer if i apply the brakes i feel a pop and hear a loud clunk from the right side of the vehicle. It does this with or without the clutch pushed in. After the initial pop it doesn't do it again until it sits. I'm not sure what it is. I'm planning...
  2. Tractor Dan

Flange Issues

So my dad called me this morning. He dropped the exhaust pipe on the truck getting on the interstate. I get there and find it broke right at the clamp going from the cat to the pipe that goes into the front of the muffler. Front meaning cab side of the muffler. So i managed to chain it up and...
  3. Tractor Dan

Factory Amp

Ok. Have a 94 XLT. Stock head unit says Dolby System on the tape deck lid. I'm trying to figure out if i replace this head unit with an aftermarket one if i have a factory amp, where it's at, and what i need to do to bypass it if i need to bypass it. I had a 97 XLT and the amp was right behind...
  4. Tractor Dan

Blower Motor Not Moving Much Air

Here is what's going on. I drive into town the other night and notice the blower motor isn't moving much air as in i can hardly feel it coming out of the dash. I tried all positions of the switch and got nothing out of low, the motor runs on medium and medium high but not that fast, and then on...
  5. Tractor Dan

Longer Seatbelts

My seatbelts are kind of short i guess you could say. They fasten and are functional but they are fairly tight across my chest. I can usually make do however i sometimes have people who ride with me and they have issues. So i'm trying to figure out if there is any sort of solution out there...
  6. Tractor Dan

Refinishing Wheels

Just bought 15 inch wheels that look like these. http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=1155&cat=&page=1 Right now they are scratched up a bit and could use a good sanding and fresh paint. What i'm wanting input on is what color to paint them. I'm debating between a...
  7. Tractor Dan

94 Extended Cab Rear Window Seal

I know my window is leaking around the seal. I have confirmed it with a not so enjoyable car wash. Anyways i know how the window is secured and that it uses butyl tape but my question is what width does it use? Also i know the third brake lights like to leak on these from what i recall. Will...
  8. Tractor Dan

Oil All Over

Went to change oil today and after getting it in the air i ran into oil all over the rear of the oil pan, transmission, starter, exhaust pipes. I had this truck on a lift at school first week of may and it was bone dry under there other than some minor seepage on the oil pan around the gasket...
  9. Tractor Dan

Throttle Position Sensor Readings

Back probed the tps sensor today. Followed the article and the wiring diagram for my truck. Here is where things got interesting. With the throttle fully closed, i verified by looking at the butterfly. My meter was reading 4.16V fully closed. As i depressed the throttle linkage out at the engine...
  10. Tractor Dan

94 Ranger Revving Issue

Here are the specs 94 Ranger 3.0L Rear wheel drive Manual Trans The original engine went bad in it. Blown crankshaft. My mechanic dropped a yard engine in. Not sure what year the donor vehicle was but the IAC had a date sticker with 1990 on it so leads me to believe it was a 91 or 92 motor. The...
  11. Tractor Dan

M50D-R1 Revving issues

94 Ranger XLT super cab 3.0 engine 2 wheel drive So here is what is going on. It shifts fine going up through the gears. However when i push the clutch in it revs really high. I don't have a tach on the truck, it came stock without one. As soon as i let the clutch out or shift to a higher gear...
  12. Tractor Dan

94 Using Oil

Truck is a 94 with a 3.0. 2 wheel drive. The engine that was in it had almost 195,000 miles. I bought the truck off my mechanic and the previous engine had a bad cam shaft. So he got another engine from a yard and dropped in it. That's where the fun starts. I have had the truck about a month...
  13. Tractor Dan

Putting A Tach in a 94 Ranger

Have a 94 with a 3.0 in it. It's manual transmission. No tach on the dashboard, came stock without one. Not sure if there is a reason for that. Guy i got it from worked for Ford and bought it new in 94 so maybe he got it without any extra bells and whistles. All i know is i want a tachometer. I...
  14. Tractor Dan

94 Wiper Blades Won't Work

Went out Monday. Let the truck run for about 30 minutes as it was -35 with the windchill. I at some point don't forget how far in turned on the wipers. They went up to the full left position and stopped. They are stuck all the way to the drivers side. I'm trying to determine if the circuit...
  15. Tractor Dan

95 Plymouth Grand Voyager Excessive Positive Camber

Doing rotors,pads,and calipers on my dads 95 grand voyager it's a 2wd. I'm noticing the positive camber on the drivers side is getting worse. It still steers fine and is drivable but it's enough to wear the inside edge of the tire more then the outside edge. So my question is on a set up like...
  16. Tractor Dan

Truck Bed Cap

I have a fiberglass cap on my truck. Nothing fancy just the sliding side windows and the rear half hatch above the tailgate. I would like to get a contractor cap or something better one day but for now this is working. It does the job ok which is to keep my sandbags and the box that holds them...
  17. Tractor Dan

Axle Shaft Seal Replacement 8.8

Truck starts leaking in July. Got it towed home and parked it. I have looked and for sure have to do the pinion flange seal and the axle shaft seals. Also found that the brakes need done and new drums. Gonna do the diff cover gasket while i'm there. So basically doing everything but wheel...
  18. Tractor Dan

Crimping a Terminal on a Spark Plug Wire(lawn mower)

Ok. Probably a question most who have done any kind of work on spark plug wires would say is a no brainer. However here is the situation. I have a typical briggs and stratton engine. The metal terminal on the wire and sits in the end of the spark plug boot went bad. So i got a new terminal...
  19. Tractor Dan

Rear Pinion Seal Leaking

Swapped in an 8.8 with 10 inch drums out of a 98+ Ranger into my 97 three years ago with 4.10 gears. I had a 7.5 with 3.73 gears and 9 inch drum. When i done this being pressed for time as it was my senior year of highschool and since all the seals and gaskets looked fine i left them alone and...
  20. Tractor Dan

Rattle or Pinging sound in the exhaust pipe

So seeing as i have no working air conditioning and drive with the windows down. Every time i pull up to a stop sign or light and idle i hear this strange pinging or rattling sound and i can tell for sure it's coming from the exhaust pipe. It almost sounds as if there are a couple sheet metal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad