• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 Explorer Fan switch only works on High

Awesome! Thank you guys! Would you happen to have a pic of what it looks like from the engine bay? Thanks again! Bill
  2. 1999 Explorer Fan switch only works on High

Hi All Fan switch only works on High in my 99 Explorer. Is that usually the switch itself or is there a controller or relay or something else that might be causing it. Thanks in advance! Bill
  3. Want to Upgrade 2000 Ranger to Much Brighter Headlights, Any Recommendations?

Hi All Looking to upgrade my wife's 2000 Ranger to much brighter headlights from the original stock headlights. Either Replacing entire assembly with an LED assembly or replacing just the bulbs with a much brighter non LED bulb. Not really up to speed on options for lighting so any...
  4. 2000 XLT Off Road with 245/75/R16. Any way to use the standard 235/75/R15's on it?

Hi All I bought my wife a 2000 XLT Off Road with the 245/75/R16's on it. She's not really an Off Roader so the 235/75/R15's that her 94 had on it would suit her just fine and be way less expensive to replace. Pretty sure I can't just swap to the smaller size because of the ABS and probly other...
  5. I cleaned the Throttle Body, was that a mistake?

Hi All 2000 Explorer, 4.0L OHV. I removed and cleaned the Throttle Body with Throttle Body cleaner and a rag inside and out. After it was clean I saw the sticker that said Do Not Clean due to a special coating. What can I expect? Will it cause any issues? Thanks in advance Bill
  6. What is this component on the back of a 1999 4.0L? Looks like it is in what was the Distributor hole on the older Gen engines?

Does anyone make an adapter so I can avoid having to swap the units between engines?
  7. What is this component on the back of a 1999 4.0L? Looks like it is in what was the Distributor hole on the older Gen engines?

The pic is the engine from a rolled Ranger I bought to pull the engine and use it to replace the blown engine in my son's 2000 Explorer. Ranger was titled as a 99, Engine is a 3Yr old 4.0 OHV Re-manufactured engine. Called a few salvage yards to verify and was told that 98, 99 & 2000 OHV...
  8. What is this component on the back of a 1999 4.0L? Looks like it is in what was the Distributor hole on the older Gen engines?

Hi All What is this component? It is in what looks like the Distributor hole of the older Gen trucks. Thanks Bill
  9. Swapping a 4.0 OHV from Ranger into Explorer, 1 harness connector not the same between trucks.

We have a 2000 Explorer with a 4.0L OHV engine automatic transmission with blown enginel. Bought a wrecked 99 Ranger with a good 4.0L OHV engine 5 speed as a donor. We pulled the engine from the Ranger and put it on the engine stand. Pulling the engine from the Explorer we found that the wiring...
  10. 1999 Explorer Power door locks go crazy after hitting the Fob or pressing the button.

1999 Explorer Power Door Locks go crazy after hitting the Key Fob or pressing the button. This happened when I first bought it about 4 years ago. I replaced both Door Lock Relays and that took care of it until now. Same Issue now but replacing both relays has no affect. I also tried different...
  11. Location of Door Lock Relay 1999 Explorer?

Hi All Where is the location of the Door Lock Relay on a 99 Explorer? My Door Locks are going Crazy. I can hear the lock motors cycling in the doors. l disconnected the Negative Battery terminal to make it stop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Bill
  12. Brakes are very touchy now - 2000 Ranger

Hi All 2000 Ranger, 4x4, Auto. Bought the truck a few month's ago. Suddenly the brakes seem to be very touchy, they kinda grab a little. Last month I inspected all 4 and all looked ok. The only thing I actually did was clean the rear brakes and that seemed to help some, however the...
  13. 94 Ranger Left Window Motor does not stop at the bottom

Hi All 94 Ranger The new window motor I just installed is fine going up but going down will not stop at the bottom. It continues to try to run making that bumpety bumpety sound. Is there a relay or something that controls the power to stop the motor when the window is fully opened or closed...
  14. Windshield washer hose broke in cowling, How do I access it?

Hi All Windshield washer does not work. Sounds like it is dumping in the cowling on the passenger side. How do I access that area to fix the hose or fitting? It is a 99 Explorer. Thanks in advance. Bill
  15. Check Engine light shows Lean in Bank 1 and Bank 2

Hi All Just replaced my wife's 94 with a 2000 Ranger. A week after I bought it the Check Engine light lit up with the codes for Lean in Bank 1 and Lean in Bank 2. I have not found anything obvious. What would be the best list of things to look for? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
  16. 94 Ranger 4x4 - Swapping out Standard for an Automatic? Any thoughts or advice?

Hi All I have a 94 Ranger 4x4 thinking of swapping the Standard out for an Automatic Trans. Any thoughts or advice on how involved this would be? Or can anyone point me in the right direction for research info? Thanks in advance. Bill
  17. O/D Off light flashes going up steep grades. 2000 Explorer

Hi All 2000 Explorer O/D Off light flashes going up steep grades on 4wheel trails, also happened on steep paved road the other day. Any thoughts as to what's going on? Thanks in advance. Bill
  18. Play in the Column Shifter - 97 Ranger

Hi All I am looking at buying a 97 Ranger 4.0L Automatic. The seller states that there is "Play in the Column Gear Shifter" Is this a common issue? Is there a repair or anything? Should I be concerned about an expensive repair? I have not seen it yet, trying to set up a time this after...
  19. Door Ajar Light always on? 95 Ranger

Hi All I am looking at buying a 95 ranger XLT. The seller says the only 2 issues is the Door Ajar light is on and the passenger window won''t roll down. Not worried about the window, probably the motor or switch. But not sure about the Door Ajar Light. Anyone have any thoughts as to what...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad