• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 2001 Part Out

Just curious as to what area of the country you are in? I have a 98 that I'm working on with my 16 year old son. Interested in the hood and passenger rear door. Thanks. James
  2. 97 to 98 Door Swap?

I have a rusted out 97 Ranger XLT Supercab and a non-rusted 98 supercab. I am looking to swap the driver's side 97 front door to the 98. Are there any fitment issues I will run into? The previous owner of the 98 replaced the driver's door with a manual door but left the power mirror which of...
  3. Clean 98 Ranger and Road Salt Advice

I live outside Detroit and recently picked up a 1998 2WD Ranger XLT extended cab for my son. It has 195K on it and is a 2.5 5-Speed. He is pressuring me hard to let him drive it even when there is salt on the roads. It was a North Carolina truck so no rust underneath and it is not undercoated...
  4. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

So..... When I drove it I never actually looked under the hood because it was pitch dark. I looked underneath with the flashlight from my phone and saw the clean frame and nothing dripping under the motor but did not look that close. It turns out that it is not a 3.0 V-6 but is actually the 2.5...
  5. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

Just a quick update. I picked it up a few days ago and plated it yesterday. Now begins the process of transferring some interior door panels, one door and the hood. May take out the trans and some other mechanical parts that are in good shape. I don't really have a place to store it as a parts...
  6. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

I'm probably picking it up today mainly because it's rust free which is a friggin unicorn around here. It's weird though. It is Pacific Green with a white hood and tailgate plus a red driver door and rear bumper. The guy got it from his now deceased uncle so he's not sure why. The frame looks...
  7. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

I thought that too but the guy just replaced the whole exhaust and it has a new Cat. Cost him $650.00. James
  8. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

I was in 4th gear when accelerating past 45-50. I’ve been driving a stick since 1981. That’s why it was so weird. It was totally normal till I hit 60 then took a bit to hit 70 but it was the 70-80 that was super slow. I know some changes were made 97 to 98 but it looks like the doors will swap...
  9. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

Yes the frame is good. It's weird because the 4 banger from the 97 seems to have better acceleration once you get up to say 60mph. Unfortunately I'm not replacing the brake line on the 97 so I can't do a direct comparison. Once I saw how bad the frame was I no longer felt comfortable having my...
  10. 1998 Ranger XLT Purchase Advice Please

Last year I picked up a 1997 2WD Ranger Supercab 5 speed with the 4 banger. Bought it off a buddy for $800.00 mainly to teach my 15 year old son on how to drive a stick. Eventually the rear brake line burst inside the frame rail next to the tank. While looking to repair I found some cracks in...
  11. 2001 Ranger 4x4 Problem Please Help

I have a 2001 Ranger 4x4 and need some guidance please. I put in a new battery on thursday night and friday morning my four wheel drive no longer worked. All the fuses were fine but there was no clicking sound when I turned the dash switch. I checked and had no power at the dash switch and the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad