• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU's Crawler-Hauler "Build" Thread

Well, I guess I might as well start a thread for this, even though the tow rig itself isn't new (been towing with it for 4 years). When I first bought it, it was more of a sporty truck than a working truck. I added a toolbox, triple pillar gauges (trans temp, boost pressure, and pyrometer), OEM...
  2. JohnnyU

14-Bolt

You have a C&C axle from the sounds of it. If that's the case, you can swaw regular SRW hubs directly onto this axle without changing anything but the brakes. http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/14b_bible/index.html :rolleyes:
  3. JohnnyU

Chattanooga, TN

I'll be in Chattanooga, TN October 5-7 on business. Obviously, we'll only be occupied until mid evening with meetings and dinner, so what kinds of things are there to do at night? I need to do some research to see what kinds of things there are in Chattanooga, but I was looking for some...
  4. JohnnyU

Rock & Utility Light Tech

Granted nighttime wheeling has become less frequent, but rocklights are an increasing concern, as it seems like utility and area lighting is always useful to have anywhere. Please discuss (politely and itelligently) different styles of rock lights/utility lights that you have used or have...
  5. JohnnyU

August 13-15 Badlands

Heading back to the Badlands in Attica on Aug 13-15.
  6. JohnnyU

April 9-11, 2010 Badlands

The ERO crew is heading back to the badlands in Attica, Indiana the weekend of April 9th-11th, 2010. Anyone is welcome, just make sure you have adequate recovery points and equipment. www.badlandsoffroad.com
  7. JohnnyU

warn 37780 lockout hubs...

Ford Driveshaft Quick Disconnect:
  8. JohnnyU

flipping axle tubes?(chevy d44)

I don't really think it's worth the effort since it will still be a low pinion axle. There are two ways to do it, the right way, and the not as right way. The correct method would be to cut the inner C's off the tubes, then cut the tubes and press them out of the housing. Press the long...
  9. JohnnyU

best front end d60 swap for a 84 BII

Any Dana 60 is going to be an improvement over what's in there now, or a Dana 44. I like the 78-91.5 were all kingpin axles, which are superior in my opinion to their later ball joint counterparts. 78-79 axles had a longer tube on the driver side, meaning that the differential will be more...
  10. JohnnyU

JJJ Memorial Mud Bog in Manito, IL

Well, we're getting ready to do it again. Levi is going to put on his annual JJJ Memorial Mud Bog in Manito, IL on the weekend of July 11th. It is similar to the rest of our events held out there. We have open FREE camping on Friday and Saturday nights, and trucks run all day Saturday. Run what...
  11. JohnnyU

Halloween Run 2009

Halloween Run 2009 - Badlands - 10/30/09-11/1/09 Who's up for a Halloween Trail Ride this year? With talk of past TRS events in this thread, I think it's time to organize another low-key wheeling event. Unlike some past runs, I won't make this invitation only or experienced drivers only...
  12. JohnnyU

heavy duty dodge front axle ?

The AAM9.25 (2003+) does not have CAD.
  13. JohnnyU

2002 F350 dana 60 question???

5.13's are only $280 from Randy's, that wouldn't keep me from buying it. They do use smaller unitized wheel bearings and crappy balljoints, but under the weight of a Ranger (especially compared to the F350) it shouldn't be that much of a problem. For $200, I'd probably buy it. I bought my...
  14. JohnnyU

dana 30

This has been covered in depth multiple times. Please sure the Tech Library, Forum Announcements, and Search Feature for further information.
  15. JohnnyU

Mud Bog - March 22 Elmwood, IL

White Trash Wheelin is having another Mud Bog Sunday March 22, 2009 http://www.whitetrashwheelin.com/index.html Diving Directions
  16. JohnnyU

78 f250 axles

If you can't identify whether or not the axle has King pins or ball joints, then measure the hubs. 60's have Ø4" hubs, while the 44's are much smaller.
  17. JohnnyU

DANA 44 SAS Swap questions

Did you read the Announcement at the top of this forum? Read ME First!
  18. JohnnyU

axle suggestions

Any reason inparticular that you want an electronic engine?
  19. JohnnyU

Let's see your Welders

I want to see what everyone is using for welders, and some of the specs for your particular set-up. Basically, I want to sticky this as a "Welder Selection Guide". :icon_thumby:
  20. JohnnyU

ok, i need to be educated

Some people cant just answer a question without getting an attitude about it. The Tech Library is a GREAT place to start your research whether it be for axles, engines, transmissions, bumpers, etc. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad