• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. full width, Pros & Cons

The only (non performance related) con I can think of to running full widths is the increased chance of getting hassled by the fuzz for your tires sticking out too far from the fenders. Of course, it's nothing that can't be solved with some flares (and mud flaps, possibly) but who wants to get a...
  2. Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

I have the same issue with my '06 I4/5sp. w/ 3.73s. My parents always ask me what kind of mileage I'm getting, they used to own the truck and claim getting as good as 30+ mpg on several occasions. I've yet to break 24 mpg, though, and average right around 18-20. I am running 29x8.5 TSL Radials...
  3. 2.3 duratec engine max speed limiter

My duratec can rev way higher than 5300. The Duratec doesn't make peak (horse)power until the 5200rpm range and can rev quite a bit higher than that, at least on my truck. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the rev limiter on mine isn't until well after 6 grand.
  4. more gear talk

Hope this helps! http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SLF-33002&N=700+4294925143+4294845270+115&autoview=sku There's more here: http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925143+115+4294845270
  5. Test Drove the 2.3 Ranger

Mine idles @ about 2k for 30 seconds or so, then @ 1200 for about a minute, then down to "normal" after that. Helps it warm up faster. One thing about it, these trucks have damn good heaters.
  6. duratec 2.3

When I start to think my truck is too loud or rides too rough, I simply drive my straight-piped N/A Diesel rabbit for a few days. The truck seems much quieter the next time I drive it.
  7. Gutless Wonder

You know, I thought that keeping the revs low on my '06 would help it get better mileage, but I've actually found the opposite to be true. Before, I would always shift below 3,000 rpms and would get around 20 mpgs. That got old real fast, so I started revving it up a bit, driving more spirited...
  8. duratec 2.3

Mine idles @ 700-800 rpms when warm.
  9. duratec 2.3

pops13: The duratec doesn't peak hp until over 5 grand, and peak torque isn't until right before 4,000 rpms, so you never really gave it a chance to get into it's power band. I drove it very conservatively at fist (also due to the loudness of the engine) until I realized the puppies like to get...
  10. duratec 2.3

Having owned and driven various light-duty 2wd trucks, I can say without a doubt my '06 b2300 is my favorite by far. It's much more powerful than an old Toyota hilux I used to own and slightly more peppy than a Nissan hardbody I had back in the day. One thing The Duratec has on both of the other...
  11. 3.73 or 4.10 rears?

I'm not 100% sure what she's turning @ 70, but it's definitely less than 3 grand, probably closer to 2500-2700 rpms. That's with 3.73's and a (Mada R1)5-speed, though. Of course, a truck w/ 4.10's will be spinning a little higher than that at the same speed. My truck came with your...
  12. 3.73 or 4.10 rears?

wow, I've never been able to break 25 mpg in mine. I usually get right around 20. It's an '06 reg cab 5sp 2wd 4 banger. My parents swear up and down that they were getting mileage in the low 30's; I'm starting to wonder if they were exaggerating a bit. I know that the colder weather will make it...
  13. Downside of the 2.3l duratec?

Exactly. I shift at 4,500-5,000 rpms on a regular basis; it's the only way to stay in the power band if you really need to get moving. Doesn't hurt a thing...she likes it!
  14. Questions regarding trans. fluid and axl fluid...

The owner's manual for my '06 b2300 states that the rear diff lube doesn't need to be changed unless the rear diff is submerged in water. I'm going to be doing it anyways, though. I don't believe in "lifetime" lubricants. Back in the late 80's, Volkswagen claimed that the fluid in their manual...
  15. 6.5 month review of my 08' duratech ranger.

Yeah I haven't had any issues with my clutch making funny noises either. I have noticed that second gear sounds a little bit louder than the other gears. The sound is definitely coming from the tranny. I've almost got 30k on the truck right now, so I'll be changing the tranny fluid soon...
  16. Help with Bilstein HD's

Hey I got a slight issue here with ordering the right parts for my truck. I have an '06 2wd b2300 (A-arm) and am about to order new shocks from summit racing. I want to get Bilstein HD's but am confused as to what shocks will work on my truck, if any. When I run a search at Summit, I only get...
  17. ford 9 inch locker options?

Yeah I've heard people say that lockers are dangerous in the ice/snow, but I've also heard people who actually drive their locked trucks in the winter time and they prefer it. Like you said, it just takes some getting used to. I'm sure that if you treat it with a good degree of respect and stay...
  18. high mileage

'06 Has just under 27 grand, and most of those were from being towed behind a motorhome
  19. ford 9 inch locker options?

I'll be the first to say that spools/welded diffs are kick-ass for off-highway/trail rigs. If he does any significant amount of his driving on road, however, he will likely begin to hate the spool and wish he'd gotten a locker. Lockers are better IMO on street/offroad rigs because they allow the...
  20. 2008 2.3 ranger.

Yeah I saw that one, too. Nuts!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad