• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5speedin2.3

Long bed to short bed swap

Been looking for a clean 7ft bed for quite a while and I can't seem to find one for under 7-800$. I was thinking about swapping over to a 6ft bed because they are a dime a dozen at the u-pull. They also look better IMO. Obvious issues, axle would need to be moved forward six inches, bed bolt...
  2. 5speedin2.3

YJ steering damper bolt broke off

The axle under the front of my truck is out of a 94 Jeep YJ. I've had a slight shake around 45-60 and it got worse so I checked everything. The only thing I could find wrong was the steering damper, it was leaking. As I was removing the bolt from the axle side, it broke, taking my hand with it...
  3. 5speedin2.3

Tear Drop Trailer

You could just buy a cap for the bed of the truck. :dunno:
  4. 5speedin2.3

LVL II Torsion rebuild?

I've been looking around for a kit to rebuild the Torsion in the axle I'm buying, but I can't find anything besides an entire replacement unit for 670$. :icon_surprised: I'm going to call the parts department at the local stealership and see if they sell a rebuild kit.
  5. 5speedin2.3

D30 clicking..?

I'm pretty sure it's the brakes.
  6. 5speedin2.3

Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

You will have to change the engine crossmember to put in the TTB setup. My SAS is about 6" over stock (2wd).
  7. 5speedin2.3

D30 clicking..?

I'm pulling the cover tomorrow at the shop. Hopefully it's just the brakes. If not, I guess we will find out on Saturday.
  8. 5speedin2.3

D30 clicking..?

Everything seems tight and the bearing rolls smooth.
  9. 5speedin2.3

D30 clicking..?

I've checked everything. The axle joint isn't very old and the bearing rolls smooth. It's been making this noise, but over the past few weeks it keeps getting louder. The noise is only when I'm going forward. I've been reading about the brake pads chattering, but I'm not sure if that could be...
  10. 5speedin2.3

Yellow in coolant (Electrolysis?) 97

The 2.5 in my truck has less than 60K on it, but I am kinda rough on it. It seems unlikely that it could be the head gasket, I did a pressure check and my oil still looks clean. My dad said he remembers learning about electrolysis when he took his ASE master test and he suggested that I study...
  11. 5speedin2.3

My 97 2.5 SFA Ranger

I'm sure a lot of the members on here have seen me around on other forums, I figured I would move what I can find of my build thread over here. It is finally complete and has been well tested haha. Specifications: 1997 Ford Ranger XLT, 2.5L out of a 99 with approximately 50K miles, Black...
  12. 5speedin2.3

19lb injectors in 97 with 2.5.

I have red 14lb injectors now. Would it hurt to put in the 19's? I was reading on a random website that you can drill out to opening for the MAF to correct a/f ratio.
  13. 5speedin2.3

Bolt/sleeve for manual transfer case shifter

I have everything except the bolt that mounts the shifter linkage to the tail shaft housing. Can anyone find me a part number or does anyone have ideas?
  14. 5speedin2.3

97 2.3 code P0300 (random misfire)

My 97 has been getting about 200 miles to a tank and I can't figure out why. First I had cyl 2 misfire(P0302), now its random misfire (P0300). I took it to my friend yesterday and he hooked it up to his live data scanner. He said the only thing that looks off is the rear o2 sensor is reading...
  15. 5speedin2.3

97 to 98 PCM swap

Long story short.. I hydrolocked my old 2.3 and replaced it with a like new 2.5 out of a 99. I keep getting bank1 too lean. I replaced the o2 sensors thinking that might be the problem, same crap. Its reading lean and dumping fuel. I'm getting around 15mpg highway. I checked everything for...
  16. 5speedin2.3

2004 Roof replacement

I'm not going in to detail about what happened, all I'm going to say is ice is not my friend and it was a very light roll. The roof is pushed down about 4" in the middle, but the pillers appear to be fine, the windshield cracked in the middle where the roof came down. The doors are a little...
  17. 5speedin2.3

2004 Roof replacement.

Delete please. Wrong section, sorry.
  18. 5speedin2.3

83 ranger solid axle swap

Sorry for linking to another forum. This is my SAS thread. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/f6/f82/59723-5speedin2-3s-sas-thread.html
  19. 5speedin2.3

Best Dana 30

I know this is an old thread, but checkout my build over on R-F. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/f6/f82/59723-5speedin2-3s-sas-thread.html
  20. 5speedin2.3

Output shaft question

I picked this trans up today. I guess he power shifted the trans in to second gear and now its really hard to shift in to second and fourth gear. The trans has 48k on it and it came out of a 2002 fx4 lvl2. Anyways, all I need is the output shaft. I took the housing off and noticed what looks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad