• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ABS - Bleeding

Question about ranger / newer ford ABS systems. I keep hearing about this need for a scan tool to pulse the abs system when bleeding brakes:icon_confused:. Is this only on the Rear wheel only abs systems:icon_twisted:? Or is it on all Rangers:annoyed:? Or all newer Fords with ABS:shok:. I have...
  2. Extreme Cold - Engine starts Dies and may not restart

Here is the facts: 1. Only when tempature drops below 20 (may be 15). The temp does not have to be that low all night or all day IE midnight to 2 am 30 degrees and then drops until morning sun. 2. It has to be a cold start, ie block / truck at the current air tempature; as in first thing in the...
  3. Steel Brake Line Rupture - Rear Axle

Looks as if all of us in the rust may have a weak point in our rear steel brake line just in front of the axle were it comes of the frame rail to the tab to connect to the flex line.:icon_surprised: I have an 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0, auto, 2x4 and had the line rupture during moderate to hard...
  4. 2002 Ranger Edge 2wd Ball Joint Replacement

I have an 02 Ranger Edge 2wd and I am getting some wheel movement suggesting ball joints. My Haines/Chilton manual does not go over the newer 2wd Torsion bar suspension ball joint removal and install. The joints do not look like old style ball joints. Could anyone familiar with them post some...
  5. New 4.2L FWD motor to 3L auto Ranger?

The 4.2L in my Freestar looks to be the same block as the 3.8L in my old Windstar. If ever the opporunity arises would the 4.2L FWD fit as does the old 3.8L FWD? If you have driven the new F-stars, the HP is only around 200 but the torque is nice at 268 and the curve is 3600 to 4200 rpm. Which...
  6. 3.0 Factory Oil Pressure Gauge Flakes Out

It seems as if after several hours (2 or more) on the road at high speed / high Rpm (2700 or higher) that when I come to a stop the oil pressure gauge flickers. I have changed the syncro shaft previously. The oil has about 2000 miles on it (it has done it with less). If I shut down the engine...
  7. Snow Driving with ProTrax No-Slip - 2WD Ranger

I have an 02 Ranger Edge. It is not 4x4 and has an open diff. I just moved up to the Albany NY area. I have had the truck 2 winters in northern NJ. It drive like a mustang in the winter, A$$ all over the road and can not get itself out of its own hole. I have been looking a lockers particularly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad