• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

Man, that looks mint!! :icon_rofl:
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Ehh, it’s easier to find ones that tolerate cigars. Gasoline, not so much.
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

Been known to cause cancer in laboratory rats, or so I’ve heard. I do know the smell of gasoline on a man seems to bother women substantially, and usually not in a good way. If you’re not sure what I mean, wash you hands in gasoline before you go see Sweet Pea next time, I’m sure she will...
  4. lil_Blue_Ford

T case shift knob

Yeah, pretty sure it doesn’t matter. Never ordered a new one yet though, I dunno if they come with the splines pressed in, you might have to pound it on to form the splines. I’ve pulled a bunch off in the junkyard over the years though out of various Ford trucks and they’re all about the same...
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

Welcome to the club. Wait till you have the joy of it deciding to syphon on you from the tank. I had a line on a potential solution with going to a screw on canister style but I didn’t get one and then after CoVid the only ones I’ve found aren’t rated high enough for the “returnless” system my...
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

Is the pressure tank full of water? If it is, then the bladder is bad in it. Usually there’s a tire type valve somewhere on the top. Tank should have an ID label of what air pressure should be in there. Also check breakers/fuses. Oh, and there should be a pressure switch somewhere in the...
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

Bought a BII

By today’s prices, sounds like a score. The hatch meeting the rear bumper likely is either rear body mounts, body rot along the bottom of the body by the hatch, or a bit of both. As for a welder, you can always look for a used one. I picked up a Lincoln Weld-PAC awhile back used. Had feed...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

Towing a B2 on a dolly?

Yup, that would explain it. Major differences. All the U-haul dollys I’ve seen in the states had the pads for the wheels roughly in line with the tow dolly wheels and no surge brakes. All have a pivoting deck for the wheel pads. The U-haul car hauler trailers have surge brakes here and they have...
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

93-B3-stick

The bolts seizing up and breaking when removing the bed is common. It’s like $30-50 to buy a generic bolt set with the clips off Amazon or EBay. Personally I smear some grease thinned with oil on the bolts when they get put in to keep from going through it again. Sometimes an impact gun will get...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

Towing a B2 on a dolly?

For some reason I thought you said 20 miles not 120, but it still shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve easily pulled my Choptop over twice that distance with the t-case in neutral and the driveshaft in. Axle for the safety chain, as close to snug as you can get it. With the front tires strapped down...
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

School me on driveshafts

I think it’s mostly preference for shaft diameter and material. Wall thickness will probably matter more. I think 98+ Rangers all had 4” diameter rear shafts. My lowered 2000 with the 302/4R70w/AWD t-case and doing the Explorer 8.8” as spring under required taking about 1.5” out of my stock...
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

Towing a B2 on a dolly?

My 88 Bronco II came 700+ miles home on a tow dolly behind my 2000 Ranger extended cab 2wd 3.0 5-speed. My Choptop came 400-ish miles home the same way. Choptop has rode tow dolly and tow bar (both old U-haul style equipment) for a lot of miles. In fact, when I went to the TRS 20th Anniversary...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

Towing a B2 on a dolly?

So not really to call you out, but most of this is flat out wrong… T-case in neutral, trans in any gear but reverse. Tow dollys don’t have surge brakes, but because of the pivot, they don’t really back up loaded. Lock the steering column. The pin will be fine. There is no real tongue weight...
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

Explorer axle swap questions

You will need the complete axle with brakes assembly. Use the Explorer rear brake hoses and hard lines, but the hose with the splitter will attach to the Ranger bracket on the frame. Use the Explorer e-brake cables from the axle to the intermediate cable. It will hook with the Explorer cable...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

I don’t carry it except between trucks and wherever I’m staying and I really don’t care about blending fashion or any of that nonsense. What I use is actually supposed to be a range bag for shooting. All the pockets help keep everything organized to a degree. Range bag = masculine I wear a...
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

Just figured I’d bring it up, I had to swap mine and it seemed a little worn but I thought it would be ok for awhile. Mine wasn’t. Since it also drives the oil pump, I thought maybe it might be worth another look. Yeah, pretty much how my bag get used. Hold all the stuff a modern world...
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

So, just a thought. Maybe try pulling the cam sensor assembly out and check it over. It drives the oil pump and the sensor. I didn’t notice my gauge fluctuating but it may have. My assembly had some slop in it and after a few hundred miles it turned into a real problem with choking the engine...
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

Yeah, I’m starting to organize notes. I have some notebooks that I’m starting to fill with part numbers. I‘m getting to where I’ve changed so much stuff on so many vehicles that it gets hard to keep track of it all in my head.
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

Oh, I keep stuff on hand and try to maintain a stock of common use stuff, but still sometimes I’m in the middle of a project and things happen. Just a lot easier for me to make a call and take what they sell.
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

Oh, I often went in with part numbers because I change so much stuff. Then I’d get into an argument because I’d give them the part number and they would insist on year/make/model even after I’d tell them they don’t need that information so I’d do something like “it’s a 1989 Bronco II 2wd with a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad