• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. UrbanRedneckKid

99 Exploder front axle interchange

My 99 5.0 Ex has serious front axle issues, and needs replaced. Will any 97-01 axle work, more specifically from a 98 4.0. My awd case is locked up, but ruined my front diff before I pulled the driveshaft. I'm acquiring the parts for a manual t-case swap this weekend, and my brother has a 98...
  2. UrbanRedneckKid

Killing masters w/ D44 & 9"

My truck has blown 2 master cylinders, since my axle swaps. 78 disc outers on my EB 44, and 78 big drums on my narrowed 9". I have had the same failure both times, the seals on the piston for the front brakes goes bad, leaving me with a mushy pedal and no front brakes. The first master was...
  3. UrbanRedneckKid

Best valve stems for off-road use

I recently posted pics of my broken valve stem on my FB wall, which started a conversation with various options. What valve stems do you all use? Ohhh and cause I mentioned pics, I know how you guys are... Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  4. UrbanRedneckKid

EB/ F100 grill swap

I couldn't find any builds through searching. Anybody have any insight, I know I've seen it, but never had an interest till now. I want to put a 60's pickup grill in my 88. Maybe we can collaborate something for a sticky or tech article. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  5. UrbanRedneckKid

Go-cart drivetrain????

I'm looking to build the narrowest go-cart drivetrain possible. Just thought maybe someone here would have some insight. I'm mostly just curious if a torque converter (aka: torq-a-verter) can be mounted solely on jackshafts directly behind the engine. Here's what I'm working with... The plan...
  6. UrbanRedneckKid

Leaky lights pre-fix

Just got a set of aftermarket clear lenses for my Sploder. In the past I've had issues with water in the lenses, as well as having friends with the same issues. Is there anything I can do ahead of time, before initial install, that will prevent this from happening down the road? I'm assuming...
  7. UrbanRedneckKid

Torsion bar sprung SAS...

Crazy Idea for my "street" SAS... (99 Ex, deep lipped 22"s, 37-40" tires, DD big gay truck style, considerably tall and ridiculously wide) Well the springs are already in my Explorer. I will be using Superduty axles, the factory rack and pinion, and modified oem lower control arms. Axle will be...
  8. UrbanRedneckKid

Fuel cell install w/EFI

I've decided on inboarding my leaves, and there is a huge fuel tank in my way. What has everyone else done as far as getting a fuel tank in the bed? I have an 18 gallon plastic fuel cell, though I am not against putting the stock tank in the bed either. My main concerns are, fitting my sending...
  9. UrbanRedneckKid

Worth of homemade radius arms?

Found these on CL. They are wristed, and possibly extended. He has them listed for $125, but they have been posted for a month. What do y'all think? Should I offer him $75... Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
  10. UrbanRedneckKid

96 Bronco a good donor?

I got a lead on a guy who may trade my 88 2wd for his 96 Bronco. 302 auto 1356. It's runs and drives, wrecked on 3 corners. Would this be a good donor for my Ranger? How come nobody is using the truck injection setup? Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
  11. UrbanRedneckKid

4thG corner lights on a 3rdG

Crazy idea... But don't have the parts handy to see if it can be done. I wanna replace my 94 corner lights, with the taller ones from a newer truck, with the chrome grill trim removed. Does anybody have a 01ish-up corner light they can hold up next to a 3rd gen, to see if the curve on the...
  12. UrbanRedneckKid

Bent/ curved radius arms...

I need more articulation and tire clearance. These are 66-79 arms, FYI. Tire clearance is a huge issue. Radius arms have been on my list for a while now, bit it's not so straightforward with the new tires. I'm building my arms the "traditional" way, chopped oem arms with tubing inserted, 1...
  13. UrbanRedneckKid

Worth of my 64" springs

I'm in need of some opinions of what my 64"s are worth. They're a custom pack, and they flex amazingly, just don't sit tall enough for me. The main leaf is from 3/4 ton 4" lift springs, the secondarys are secondarys from oem 2010 1/2 tons, and the 3rd and 4ths are randoms from oem Ranger...
  14. UrbanRedneckKid

Kansas Rocks Aug 3-4

I'm headed out to Ks Rocks the weekend of my birthday, just figured I'd post up and see if any other KC area members wanted to make it out. Headed out early Saturday (possibly Fri @ 5), heading home sunday afternoon/ evening.
  15. UrbanRedneckKid

Exploder SAS... Jeep leaf???

I'm going to start collecting parts for my next SAS. Plans... 99 5.0 EB Sploder....... Have 79 FW D44 front ......... Have 90's Sterling rear.........need Manual 4wd t-case swap...need SOA rear w/ 2" block....have 35/12.50R20................need Front leaves???............need Building as a...
  16. UrbanRedneckKid

Volt gauge reading...?

I've grown weary of this dumb gauge... Does it look low? Where does everyone else's sit at? In a 99 5.0 Sploder, only aftermarket accessory is Rockford Fosgate 800w amp. RPM was 2k, cruise on @ 65ish mph.
  17. UrbanRedneckKid

4.0 removal w/ headers & trans

Has anyone pulled an OHV with the headers and transmission still attached? I am planning on dropping the t-case regardless. Reason I ask is, it would be faster, but dunno if it'll fit. There is no radius arm crossmember, and it is SASed. Truck has seized header bolts and a blown transmission...
  18. UrbanRedneckKid

What else have you built lately?

I just wanted to start a thread to show off all the cool other things that have been built by TRS members. Here's most of what I've built in the last 2 years... 94 S-10 96 Sonoma GEM E2, 250cc 5spd RWD conversion 68 Camero 93 Mustang, just roll bar and connectors 71 Cuda I also...
  19. UrbanRedneckKid

Regaining rear lift...?

My truck has started sagging @ss, really bad lately. I want it fixed because it won't fit 38"s at the current rear height. It needs around 3-4" to become level again. I plan to install a shackled traction bar, just wanting thoughts on the fix for the springs, which are the 64"s w/ 7" shackles...
  20. UrbanRedneckKid

Quick M5 ??? 4.0-3.0 internal

Last Friday I took my truck out, heard a pop and the engine revved. I have all gears except 2nd. Assuming I stripped something, the shifter still has the same feel... I have a 3.0 2wd trans laying around, I know the gears are different. Is there more to it than just swapping the gear sets...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad