• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rolling fenders for more clearance

I've read people saying that the Ranger's sheet metal is like a beer can...this video reminded me of that.
  2. Rolling fenders for more clearance

Poor guy! He didn't seem too upset.
  3. How best to paint or prime under new hood strut ball bolt inserts?

Got the struts mounted. I used a rubber washer with clear silicone underneath, and a larger than supplied washer to mash the rubber down into any roughed up paint from bolt removal.
  4. Im 31 years old with mild autism / any fellow aspies here ?

The Sport Trac is getting old, so you'll be moving on soon. What will your next truck be?
  5. LED Headlights on Lariat 5G.

My 2023 Tremor has LEDs as well. I read that all 2023 Rangers have LED headlights. Maybe true?
  6. Im 31 years old with mild autism / any fellow aspies here ?

I thought all the Asperger folks bought Mavericks?:D
  7. How best to paint or prime under new hood strut ball bolt inserts?

Well, if the fender is indeed back to steel (and I have heard others claim this based on a magnet test), then we don't have to worry about dissimilar metals and electrolysis there. I'm just gonna use silicone caulk under the bolt so it squeezes out into a bead around the bolt and prevents water...
  8. How best to paint or prime under new hood strut ball bolt inserts?

It really shouldn't be that big of a worry. Both the hood and the fender are made of aluminum, and neither will rust. Aluminum can oxidize in its own way, but not like steel rust.
  9. How best to paint or prime under new hood strut ball bolt inserts?

I'm in the same position, getting ready to install the Redline struts. Trying to sift through the words above and address the issue of preventing corrosion in and around the fender bolt. My plan is to put some silicone rubber caulk under the bolt prior to cinching down. As the bolt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad