• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Some pictures of the fuel cells that replace the 2017 mustang fuel tank.
  2. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Hey Jim, here are a couple interior pictures. I'm in the prosses of hooking up the Vintage Air heat/AC as well as rebuilding the pedal box and fabricating the Electric power steering unit.
  3. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Hey, Thanks for checking out the build. Good luck with your build.
  4. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Thanks Jim, I'm currently working on the things that will effect the autocross race season( custom fuel cell with a bigger pump to run e85, electric pwr steering, pedal box rebuild, lighter flywheel, suspension springs and frt sway bar). I'll have the interior back together pretty soon and post...
  5. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Thanks and awesome job on your Ranger, very clean. I'm looking forward to completing the exterior this summer, one color, lol. I've scaled the truck a few times to corner balance (you can see the scales in the photo above) and it weighs between 2940 and 3050lbs depending on the wheels, tires and...
  6. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

It runs in Cam-T autocross class and is very competitive. The differential for the IRS is from a 2017 mustang. The rear suspension is a custom double A arm design.
  7. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Thanks for checking out the build. The 3.7 is a 60degree design, while the coyote weighs 150ish pounds more and is a wide 90degrees. The 3.7 60degree V6 fits in the engine bay and makes 335hp with a header, exh and intake on 93octane (e85 adds close to 40 ft/lb of torque) and you can buy a...
  8. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Hey, Thanks for checking out the build, the 3.7 is a great engine, it has the same forged crank and rods as the 3.5 eco boost. 1) I run the stock PCM, so Electric fan is the way to go. I use HP tuners software too. I can program the fan temp. and all engine parameters. 2) I plan on running A/C...
  9. Beginning to plan, help wanted.

Hey, sounds like a fun project. To begin a project make a list of the important goals and preparation needed. 1) Purpose of the vehicle. comfort, autocross racing, drag racing, daily driver, car shows etc. 2) Budget 3) shop/work place and needed skills 4) Time example; I designed my Ranger...
  10. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

Hey, thanks for checking it out. I've posted some more info. Feel free to ask any questions.
  11. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

The chassis has double A-arms front and rear. I've attached some pictures. The chassis, suspension and steering geometry was a deep dive for sure.
  12. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

2014 Toyota Corolla linked to the existing 87 ford Ranger steering column though a coupling.
  13. 87 Ranger GT (DD autocross Truck)

This is a complete Ground up build, currently working on electric power steering. 3.7 cyclone powered.
  14. 87 Ford Ranger GT (DD and Cam-T Autocross Racer)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm going straight electric power steering with the power unit mounted under the dash and a flaming river manual quick ratio rack. I'll post pictures soon.
  15. 87 Ford Ranger GT (DD and Cam-T Autocross Racer)

I am working on electric power steering currently and using a 2014 Toyota corolla unit. I'll post pictures soon.
  16. 87 Ford Ranger GT (DD and Cam-T Autocross Racer)

I will post pictures of the forms and final composite pieces.
  17. 87 Ford Ranger GT (DD and Cam-T Autocross Racer)

Working on a composite hood and fender flares. Here is the process used to build the fender forms.
  18. 87 Ford Ranger GT (DD and Cam-T Autocross Racer)

Retired engineer with too much time on my hands, lol. Completed tube chassis with a 2017 3.7 mustang drivetrain swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad