• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RustRatz

Transmission Swap questions

My old transmission tag reads 97GT KCA 1 06 K 21 New transmission reads 97GT KFA 2 07. D 10 Is there a difference between the two? New one came out of an explorer and old one is original to the truck
  2. RustRatz

Dash piece broken off

Broken dash piece on my most recent project truck purchase. Is this needed for my truck? IMG.4637.jpeg is a good condition dash IMG.4638.jpeg is my new dash. Do I need it?
  3. RustRatz

Auto Vs Manual transmission Crossmembers

What’s the difference between the two? I have a transmission crossmember that’s stamped MANUAL but my truck is an Automatic. I’m being forced to cut the automatic crossmember to get it out, as the bolt and bolt sleeve on the bushing is stuck solid, and seemingly impossible to cut through the...
  4. RustRatz

Transmission mount bolts stuck in place

My 97’ ranger’s transmission mount crossmember bolts are stuck in place. The nuts came off, but the bolts are stuck in place. I’ve tried heating them up, beating them with a sledge hammer, and all sorts of other things. I just can’t get them free. Also tried cutting the bolt but I don’t want...
  5. RustRatz

Motor Mount Removal? 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 2wd

Struggling to get passenger motor mount out. Any suggestions or recommendations?
  6. RustRatz

Different cases, but same transmission?

have an explorer 4r55e and ranger 4r55e. Cases are different Also, will my overdrive still work? 1997 explorer 4.0 and 4r55e 1997 ranger 4.0 and 4r55e
  7. RustRatz

97’ Ranger Automatic Transmission Lines

My lines fused themselves to the transmission cooler, so I had to cut them. They’re the metal lines and I can’t seem to find them online. Can someone help? 1997 Ford Ranger 2wd 4.0 paired with an automatic. Not sure what transmission
  8. RustRatz

Swapping Stuff Out

Have a 97’ extended cab 4.0 with an automatic. Ranger needs a transmission and possibly an engine. Found 97’ Explorer, 4.0 auto, could I use the parts off that on the ranger?
  9. RustRatz

Rear drums not bleeding. Line has no fluid

Rear drums won’t bleed, and I unscrewed the brake line and there’s no fluid. Reservoir is full. 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3 5 spd.
  10. RustRatz

Good electric fans to use

1992 Ford Ranger 2.3 hate using the clutch fan, and looking to convert to electric fans. What’s a good brand?
  11. RustRatz

Unsure of what this connector is for

Found 4 pin connector on same wiring that goes to alternator. Unsure of what it does. Wire colors are yellow/white, black, black/yellow, green/red.
  12. RustRatz

Back up switch wiring for reverse lights

Does someone have a 1992 ranger with the back up switch wiring all connected? I have the diagram for mine, but I can’t find the actual pigtail for the wiring. I think it broke when I pulled the engine and transmission out, but I can’t find the wires in the harness that goes past it
  13. RustRatz

Reverse Lights not working

1992 ranger 2wd 2.3 5 speed reverse light bulbs are good, and harness seems intact. Reverse lights do not come on at all. no wiring for the back up switch either
  14. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Strange idle

My truck has a bit of an odd idle. Not sure what it could be. The engine shakes quite a bit, but I have all new spark plugs, plug wires and coil packs. It tends to shake the whole truck too.
  15. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Difference in Computers

So I’ve got a 1993 2.3 in my 1992 ranger, and I’ve deleted the EGR. Will I have to go into the computer and tune it so it idles better? It still is reading for EGR stuff, but it’s deleted. Also, I have an o2 sensor but can’t find the wiring to it. Will I need to either tune it so it doesn’t...
  16. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Crank, no start

Crank, no start issue. Added fuel won’t help either. Crank sensor already replaced 1992 ford ranger with 1993 2.3 engine Another question is do I need the matching computer to go with the engine? It’s the only thing I don’t have from the 1993.
  17. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Still dealing with a loud popping while attempting to crank over

I honestly have no idea with this truck. Replaced a ton of parts it could’ve been, but none of them solved it. Any ideas? 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3 5 speed Replaced ignition control module, crank sensor, plugs, etc
  18. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Loud popping while cranking

I replaced the icm module, and the crank sensor, plus deleted the egr system. Now every time I try starting the truck, it’ll pop loudly every once in a while. The battery died, so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to jump it, and see if it still does it. 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3 5spd
  19. RustRatz

5 speed 1992 Ford Ranger - Hydraulic Clutch line pains

I had to pull the hydraulic clutch line when I pulled my engine/transmission and I can’t seem to get it back into place. Any ideas?
  20. RustRatz

2.3L ('83-'97) Engine issues

So I just thought of this. Would having swapped engines out of a 93 ranger into a 92 ranger require me to use the computer in the 93 as well?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad